• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hmmmmmm.......did you memorize all the gods that lived around the Mediterranean ....both greek and roman names?

thank you for sharing, how did you come about to start this task?
I had never seen any of the star wars movies. My only knowledge of star wars was from the kids I work with, and then going to Disneyland. I saw part of Phantom Menace, but wasn't paying attention. Since they are on Disney plus I decided to watch them. I'm only on Revenge of the Sith

We are staying at the GCH opening weekend of ROTR (not on purpose!!), and I have not been informed of any perks (like we had for SWGE opening reservation weeks, which was also attended).

Looks like 3 days in a row at WDW of letting people scan into the park about 30 minutes before park opening, and then opening the ability to book a BG right at park opening time. I seriously hope that they do this at DLR. It allows you to get a BG, then go to another park, go on other rides, go back to the hotel or go back to your house and take a nap, and then return in the 2 hour window when your group is called. Standing in a 9 hour standby line would be horrible since you can't do anything else with that time. And as OP stated, ride breakdowns (sometimes for a few hours) occurred at WDW often in the first week. They gave those in the line and on the ride a paper FP to come back later that day (and in some cases the next day) to ride again, without regard to what BG was active at that time. If they had to do this for all of the people in a 9 hour line, it would be a nightmare. Would make it impossible to plan BGs for the next day since you would have so many with "anytime" FPs to ride ROTR from the prior day's breakdown.

The downside to BGs is that once they are out for the day (usually in the first hour or less of park opening), you can't ride (they have now started back up BGs that may or may not get called, but they get no compensation if they don't get to ride due to breakdowns etc; those are filled within about 2 hours of park opening currently). Since there is no SB, you have to get to the park early or you miss out. Maybe sometime later, they will start issuing BGs later in the day if they get through all the regular BGs and all of the backup BGs, but who knows. So for later arriving guests, BGs do have a disadvantage. To me, it is still a much better solution than simply SB.
I’ve been following the WDW thread, and it seems like the reliability of RotR has been improving, especially after a rumored “software update“ a few days ago.

I hope that there will be time to add whatever tweaks, adjustments, and upgrades that are happening at WDW to the DL version prior to opening. If that’s the case, hopefully the DL version opens with a much more reliable, and higher capacity, system in place than the WDW version had on opening day.

We are still about a month out, so it seems like there’s still time for even more improvements.

I’ve been following the WDW thread, and it seems like the reliability of RotR has been improving, especially after a rumored “software update“ a few days ago.

I hope that there will be time to add whatever tweaks, adjustments, and upgrades that are happening at WDW to the DL version prior to opening. If that’s the case, hopefully the DL version opens with a much more reliable, and higher capacity, system in place than the WDW version had on opening day.

We are still about a month out, so it seems like there’s still time for even more improvements.
If I remember correctly the ride has to run for 20h or so constantly without shut down in order to clear the safety inspection.. or so... I don’t remember the specifics but remember reading about it here during summer...
So then it has to be pretty reliable already for it to even open...

Plan right now is to have my oldest skip school, as the others don't like the idea of waking up at possibly 1am and sitting in the cold. It'll be crazy, but that's part of the fun!

And it'll either be insane crazy, or just really busy. Can't tell anymore after what happened with the opening of SWGE.

What’s the best time to go on MFSR? Our flight on January 15th gets into LAX at 6:50 AM and the park opens at 9 so I assume going to MFSR first isn’t a very good idea since we likely won’t even get to the park until after opening. How long is the SR line in the morning?

What’s the best time to go on MFSR? Our flight on January 15th gets into LAX at 6:50 AM and the park opens at 9 so I assume going to MFSR first isn’t a very good idea since we likely won’t even get to the park until after opening. How long is the SR line in the morning?

Definitely don't ride in the morning, it's insane. We popped over there about 30 minutes after park opening and the line for SR was all the way through the land because everyone in the park ran there first. I noticed the lowest times of the day were at the end of the night- the last two hours of park opening it was usually anywhere from only 15-25 minutes.

The very end of the day was consistently the best time in our experience this week. Typically 10-25 minutes. The posted time seemed to mostly be overestimating the wait time too.

During Fantasmic is also a great time, although that is basically in the last few hours of the day anyway

We found that after lunch the wait times for Smugglers is pretty consistently 45-50mins. Definitely don’t rush to do it early morning - the wait time is worse then while other popular rides in the park have lower times.

The very end of the night is great as Galaxies Edge is just magic at that time and the waits for everything in the land are low. I love to sit at the tables outside Docking Bay 7 late at night, tucking into a Batuu Bon, few people around, listening to the sounds and occasional person playing with a droid. Chewy walks around a lot. And Stormtroopers. And it feels like you really are in the Star Wars universe.

If you will be in the parks on M,W, F, Sun. you will have early entry to DCA which is only for hotel guests. It will be interesting to see if you can grab a boarding group through that early entry as that would definitley give an edge to hotel guests.
They had EMH in the morning once at DHS in Florida last week. Hotel guests entered early and were told BGs would open about 15 minutes before regular guests were let in (15 minutes before the end of EMH). Then about 45 minutes before the end of EMH, they opened the BGs unannounced, then a few minutes later, they started letting regular guests enter the park into a holding area (and therefore regular guests could also joying BGs even though EMH was still ongoing). Many onsite guests were on rides and trusted the announcements that BGs would not open until later in the hour, and then they missed out or got really late BGs. So people that paid to stay onsite were understandably angry at the bad information they were given by CMs that morning, and so WDW moved all EMH at DHS for the foreseeable future to nighttime (after regular park closing). This eliminates any advantage for onsite guests in getting BGs and does not force WDW to choose between upsetting onsite guests versus upsetting off site guests (who might not be able to get a BG at all if they really did open the BGs during EMH without letting in any off site guests yet). This morning, for example, BGs filled in the first 15 minutes. So if they had morning EMH, and really enforced that, then off site guests would have no chance at a BG on EMH days.

Not sure what DLR will do, since as far as I know, they have never had EMH at night (they do at times at WDW of course). I suspect they will let EMH/MM guests into the park on that Saturday (we will be there and staying onsite, so I will report back!), then eventually sometime in that hour of EMH, let regular guests scan in but not pass the rope. Then once some number of regular guests have entered the turnstiles (but likely before the end of EMH or maybe at the end of it), they will open the BGs. This will not give any advantage to folks with EMH/MM other than they won’t risk being in such long lines to go through the turnstiles that they are not inside the turnstiles when they open the BGs. At WDW, your entire party has to have scanned into the park in order to get in a BG (just like getting FPs with MP, all have to be in the park to book it).

Even on weekends the best time is after 12pm

Don't forget....you will want to see the land at dark also so wait for darkness, then when you return the next day in daylight, it will be a whole different experience, seeing it first in the darkness could very well be akin to see Disneyland for the very first time!!!

I’m not sure they’d let you do this since there is such a demand but also it can’t hurt to try! There are some cheaper drinks on the menu like the Hyperdrive which is only $6 last I checked.

I made a reservation for my birthday in January. I cannot wait to see what it's all about ! The food options are very, very minimal. We'll get the cheese and cracker plate, a drink for me, (my children are 19) and just enjoy the ambiance.
Then we'll go get a corndog !!!! :love:

I've heard that they often allow walk-throughs at night, when it's emptier and there's less demand - never hurts to ask!

There is no obligation to buy in the fine print/guest polices. I would paste them here, but it's long. You can start a reservation and read them on the final page before you confirm it. As long as you are not a "no show" you are good.

I wouldn't bother with the water as now you are taking up the CM's time & effort. Just free up the table and they will bring the next group in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter