I still wouldn’t be too concerned. Irvine isn’t LAUSD...
What if I went 1/20 (a dreaded Monday AND a school holiday)? Do you think it would be worse or the same? He has school off that day anyway so it would make more sense to go that day rather than pull him out on 1/21 (I kind of forgot he was off school on 1/20).

What if I went 1/20 (a dreaded Monday AND a school holiday)? Do you think it would be worse or the same? He has school off that day anyway so it would make more sense to go that day rather than pull him out on 1/21 (I kind of forgot he was off school on 1/20).
Well, on 1/20, every district will be out of school, not just Irvine. And many out of towners will still be there. Myself included! I imagine the crowds will be immensely better on the 21st. But, I’m not opposed to pulling my kid from school for a day or two every now & then. At least not when it’s for DL!

I wouldn't rope drop MFSR. The line to get into the land during MM builds and the wait time shoots up really high first thing in the morning. You can get so much done during this time in other parts of the park.

They usually line everyone up at the Fantasyland entrance during MM.

If you're doing 4 adults, what I would do is your normal routine. MFSR wait time calms down in the evening, and an hour before closing is usually less than 20-30 minutes.

Have a great time!

I mean, if you are mainly just going to build a droid, you aren’t going to have trouble doing that on any day with a reservation.

Overall, I’d expect the 20th to be a lot more crowded than the 21st.

So, which entrances have been open recently to SWGE? I will be there the first 2 days ROTR is open and since I will be there crazy early the first day I might do MFSR while waiting for my BG (if I get an early BG). I will be getting there super early and I’m good at walking fast so I’m fairly certain I can be one of the first on the ride but I need to be sure I’m going to the correct entrance. (I will be doing EMH the second day ROTR is open and my plan is to do Peter Pan first.)

I mean, if you are mainly just going to build a droid, you aren’t going to have trouble doing that on any day with a reservation.

You’re totally right. I had forgotten that her main goal was to build a droid. My brain is stuck on everyone caring about ROTR.

Thank you!!! OK I’ll stick with the 21st. We will be going just the two of us without the baby so we will want to go on rides that we can’t normally do when his brother is with us. Depending on how things go with ROTR over the weekend I might even try to get there early and attempt to get a boarding group (although we will probably just skip it if things are sounding really nutty).

So, which entrances have been open recently to SWGE? I will be there the first 2 days ROTR is open and since I will be there crazy early the first day I might do MFSR while waiting for my BG (if I get an early BG). I will be getting there super early and I’m good at walking fast so I’m fairly certain I can be one of the first on the ride but I need to be sure I’m going to the correct entrance. (I will be doing EMH the second day ROTR is open and my plan is to do Peter Pan first.)
We went to SWGE at rope drop on December 23, and entered through Fantasyland. It seemed like all entrances were open.

So if all entrances are open, which one is better to go through, Fantasyland or Frontierland? (I assume Critter Country isn’t because it’s so far away)

How to best to plan for SWGE – Millennium Falcon. We will be in the parks January 11th & 12th, staying on property. We will plan to be first in line at rope drop on Saturday – 4 adults. I see that SWGE does not normally open for MM. Prior to SWGE, we normally ride Peter Pan first, along with collecting our morning fast passes. Should we head straight to SWGE and wait for opening? Can just one person wait in line while others enjoy rides for the first 30 minutes or so? Which entrance is best? So many questions. Really appreciate some guidance on a strategy to avoid long lines in SWGE. We will likely go single rider on the next ride, but want the first one to be all toghether. I have experienced the ride in WDW in October - I am just trying to figure out how best to avoid long lines at Disneyland
It was not helpful when my question was merged into this super thread. I adj

Either entrance from Big Thunder Trail is a fairly straight shot to the ride. If you’re doing MM in FL then you’ll want to line up over there. They will probably have the doors from FL to BTT closed, but will open them at park open time. Then take the 1st entrance into SWGE.

The conventional wisdom has been that it is best to wait until late afternoon to ride MFSR, when wait times have been dropping to around 30 minutes. Wait times in the morning have typically been much longer, up to 120 minutes. This could all change after ROTR, but since you are going several days in advance of its opening, it should still apply to your trip.

Since you have a few days, I would download the DL app and see what wait times look like each day at opening, an half hour later, and hour later, two hours later, noon, two, four, and six. Because I’m me, I’d probably track in in a spreadsheet 😉. But just having an idea of the norm should help you a lot on your trip. GL!

The conventional wisdom has been that it is best to wait until late afternoon to ride MFSR, when wait times have been dropping to around 30 minutes. Wait times in the morning have typically been much longer, up to 120 minutes. This could all change after ROTR, but since you are going several days in advance of its opening, it should still apply to your trip.

Since you have a few days, I would download the DL app and see what wait times look like each day at opening, an half hour later, and hour later, two hours later, noon, two, four, and six. Because I’m me, I’d probably track in in a spreadsheet 😉. But just having an idea of the norm should help you a lot on your trip. GL!
Great idea, thank you. And I too love spreadsheets 😀

• Haha
Reactions: EmJ
Someone on Facebook posted a picture of the new millennium falcon popcorn bucket at galactic grill! It’s $24.99. Just in case anyone is interested in buying one!

Visually...which entrance is the best for a first timer in SWGE.
They each have their charm.

The Fantasyland entrance is striking because the Tie Echelon is right there and then you walk past the Cantina and Boom, there's the Millenium Falcon. This one throws you in the fastest, I feel.

The Frontierland entrance is cool because you get this neat effect as you go through the tunnel and the oil lamps become star wars lamps and the music swells and then you are there in front of the droid depot and the hustle and bustle of the market and lots of choices of which way to go and explore.

My favorite is the Critter Country entrance, though. I think because it is less used and because you go through the "wilderness" and hear animals in the bushes and the hum of moisture vaporators as you happen upon the resistance base on the outskirts. You continue on and find yourself walking through the marketplace, and then at the end of the marketplace you come out on a raised area overlooking the Millenium Falcon, with Dok Ondar's to the side with its Jedi Statue and the black spire.

Really, you can't go wrong.

They each have their charm.

The Fantasyland entrance is striking because the Tie Echelon is right there and then you walk past the Cantina and Boom, there's the Millenium Falcon. This one throws you in the fastest, I feel.

The Frontierland entrance is cool because you get this neat effect as you go through the tunnel and the oil lamps become star wars lamps and the music swells and then you are there in front of the droid depot and the hustle and bustle of the market and lots of choices of which way to go and explore.

My favorite is the Critter Country entrance, though. I think because it is less used and because you go through the "wilderness" and hear animals in the bushes and the hum of moisture vaporators as you happen upon the resistance base on the outskirts. You continue on and find yourself walking through the marketplace, and then at the end of the marketplace you come out on a raised area overlooking the Millenium Falcon, with Dok Ondar's to the side with its Jedi Statue and the black spire.

Really, you can't go wrong.
I am so excited. I think I will follow your lead and go in by CC.

Ok I finally convinced myself to go to Oga’s and I got a reservation at 3 on the 17th! The Blue Bantha sounds good so I think I’ll get that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter