Visually...which entrance is the best for a first timer in SWGE.
I am so excited. I think I will follow your lead and go in by CC.
However you choose to enter SWGE the first time, make sure to go back in the evening! Batuu is so beautiful at night! And the land changes day to night, much the way Cars Land changes visually day to night. And take the time to explore with your ears, too -- the sound design in SWGE is really amazing. When you are in the marketplace, take a moment to listen all around, especially to the rooms above you. So fun!

My favorite is the Critter Country entrance, though. I think because it is less used and because you go through the "wilderness" and hear animals in the bushes and the hum of moisture vaporators as you happen upon the resistance base on the outskirts. You continue on and find yourself walking through the marketplace, and then at the end of the marketplace you come out on a raised area overlooking the Millenium Falcon, with Dok Ondar's to the side with its Jedi Statue and the black spire.

I wholeheartedly recommend this option now, at least until RotR opens. Starting in a couple of weeks, that entrance is going to have a much more hectic, crowded feel than it has had so far.

Are droid accessories sold at any shops outside the park, specifically personality chips?

Last edited:

Love that drink! Although FYI for those with delicate teeth full of dental work like me, that cookie is pretty crunchy. It broke my crown when we were there last month. 😂 Vacation catastrophes make for some good memories.

Maybe you are supposed to soften it in the drink first :confused3 Thanks for the heads up though. My dentist is worried about some gum/root loss and told me to not bite into any apples.

Hi! My family is planning a trip to Disneyland in March. I understand the Rise of the Resistance virtual queue will work the same way as it does at Disney World, and so I’m reading up on it and trying to get everything figured out. My question: I understand we need to make reservations for the cantina, droids, and lightsabers. What happens if your RoTR number comes up when you have one of these reservations? Is there a strategy for making reservations so they won’t interfere? Thanks!

If DLR operates the same way WDW does, you’ll have a 2 hour window to make it back for your BG which should leave plenty of time if you have a conflict.

There have also been reports of CMs giving leeway with late reservations (or even accommodating early) because of ROTR.

Thank you! So it would probably be a good idea to space the reservations out throughout the day so they don’t fill up a two-hour window?

In Oga's Cantina they sell the Yub Nub mug for $45 with an alcoholic beverage. I love the look of the mug itself but I don't drink alcohol so how can I go about getting this mug without the alcohol? I'd prefer not to have to throw the drink out just to keep the mug. Seems like a waste. I would like to replace the drink with the Cliff Dweller if I could. That one sounds good. Would they do that for me? What are my options?

Also, does anyone know if this mug is dishwasher/microwave safe?

191866.jpg

They each have their charm.

The Fantasyland entrance is striking because the Tie Echelon is right there and then you walk past the Cantina and Boom, there's the Millenium Falcon. This one throws you in the fastest, I feel.

The Frontierland entrance is cool because you get this neat effect as you go through the tunnel and the oil lamps become star wars lamps and the music swells and then you are there in front of the droid depot and the hustle and bustle of the market and lots of choices of which way to go and explore.

My favorite is the Critter Country entrance, though. I think because it is less used and because you go through the "wilderness" and hear animals in the bushes and the hum of moisture vaporators as you happen upon the resistance base on the outskirts. You continue on and find yourself walking through the marketplace, and then at the end of the marketplace you come out on a raised area overlooking the Millenium Falcon, with Dok Ondar's to the side with its Jedi Statue and the black spire.

Really, you can't go wrong.
Thank you for this -- it's very detailed and extremely helpful.

In Oga's Cantina they sell the Yub Nub mug for $45 with an alcoholic beverage. I love the look of the mug itself but I don't drink alcohol so how can I go about getting this mug without the alcohol?...

Also, does anyone know if this mug is dishwasher/microwave safe?...
I was able to order the Yub Nub mug with a Sprite. In fact, I ordered just the mug without any drink and offered to pay the full price because I didn't want any alcohol. The bartender offered the Sprite as an alternative. As with any Disney cup/mug, even when the label says "Dishwasher Safe," they usually don't do well at all in the dishwasher. Hand washing is your best bet. I haven't put my mug in the microwave -- again, I don't trust it and replacing it would be too much of a hassle.

I was able to order the Yub Nub mug with a Sprite. In fact, I ordered just the mug without any drink and offered to pay the full price because I didn't want any alcohol. The bartender offered the Sprite as an alternative. As with any Disney cup/mug, even when the label says "Dishwasher Safe," they usually don't do well at all in the dishwasher. Hand washing is your best bet. I haven't put my mug in the microwave -- again, I don't trust it and replacing it would be too much of a hassle.

Thanks for the reply. What was the price for just the mug by itself?

Thanks for the reply. What was the price for just the mug by itself?
It was the same price as the mug with the drink. I think I also got an AP discount.
ETA: I can't find the receipt, so I don't know exactly what I paid for the mug (although I do know it was the same price as the regular Yub Nub). But the reason I think I got a discount was because I do remember the bartender asking for my AP when I gave him my credit card.

Last edited:
It was the same price as the mug with the drink. I think I also got an AP discount.

I'd be curious about this since they didn't give me my AP discount on my Cliff Dweller (fun fact I learned that's unrelated: I'm allergic to hibiscus and should not drink another Cliff Dweller ever :rotfl: ... So it's a good thing for me they seem to be okay putting other drinks in if I ever want another porg cup). They only applied it to the non special mug drink (a Hyperdrive specifically). Took only 90¢ off a $40+ bill. I figured the alcoholic drinks wouldn't get a discount, but was shocked my non alcoholic one wasn't discounted.

Now I'm wondering if maybe I got CM errored out of my discount? I should have asked while there, my fault :crazy2:

I'd be curious about this since they didn't give me my AP discount on my Cliff Dweller They only applied it to the non special mug drink (a Hyperdrive specifically). Took only 90¢ off a $40+ bill. I figured the alcoholic drinks wouldn't get a discount, but was shocked my non alcoholic one wasn't discounted.

Now I'm wondering if maybe I got CM errored out of my discount? I should have asked while there, my fault :crazy2:
You got a 15% discount off the $6 hyperdrive price. There is no discount on the mug, which was $34 it sounds like.

You got a 15% discount off the $6 hyperdrive price. There is no discount on the mug, which was $34 it sounds like.

It's $35. I know it was 15% off the Hyperdrive (well aware of my discount percentages; I'm not a new passholder). I was wondering since luckyrabbit recalls possibly getting an AP discount on the Yub Nub cup (but with Sprite instead of the actual alcoholic drink) if perhaps a mistake was made on my bill.

I did not push like I should have as I did with my droid backpack regarding a possible missed discount.

I have had issues in the past with my discount being applied correctly. Particularly my dining discount (Pacific Wharf Cafe was a regular culprit of trouble with that a couple years ago). So I would be unsurprised if there were still issues.

We're excited to finally go to GE for the first time in February. For our previous trips I had months for research and planning. This time I have about 6 weeks which doesn't feel like much time to me. I'm very much a planner so any short cuts you can give me for my research would be so awesome. How much of your day did you spend there? Favorite spot to chill with a blue milk? Did you even like the blue milk? Please share your experience in this part of the park and any tips you can think of. What were hits and misses for you? Food? Drink? Merch? Favorite spots for pictures?

EDIT
One last question! For repeat visitors who usually have a morning plan, how did GE affect your plan? Did you go there first? Mid morning? Afternoon?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter