• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2016

This isn't really pay to play. This is just a perk to get you to book a vacation. They recognize attendance is down. You aren't paying extra for this.

If it works out, it'll for sure be tiered entry though, No?

I sometimes get the AP. so it would be nice to have a perk like this, but for someone that just buys a 7 day MYW or hopper, maybe they'll get excluded from the extra FP unless they upgrade...

If it works out, it'll for sure be tiered entry though, No?

I sometimes get the AP. so it would be nice to have a perk like this, but for someone that just buys a 7 day MYW or hopper, maybe they'll get excluded from the extra FP unless they upgrade...
This is definitely just the start but I'm not sure they'll start charging for more FPs yet. I think what we might see is more if you book this vacation package we will throw in this FP or something like that. Even something like if you book deluxe we will give you 3 additional FPs per day.

This is definitely just the start but I'm not sure they'll start charging for more FPs yet. I think what we might see is more if you book this vacation package we will throw in this FP or something like that. Even something like if you book deluxe we will give you 3 additional FPs per day.

WoW...It seems like so long ago, when things didn't change so much.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about changing, but some of the things that they are doing are driving me:crazy:....

WoW...It seems like so long ago, when things didn't change so much.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about changing, but some of the things that they are doing are driving me:crazy:....
I'm with ya on things like cabanas in tomorrowland or stuff like that but here I don't see it as a problem. A lot of the perks of being onsite at Disney have diminished. Doing something like this makes it more appealing to people.

Nothing about FD at the mods & deluxes? :confused3 Or is that just a thing of the past?

This isn't a complete free dining offer, it's an offer for 1 free quick service meal per night. Per the Disney Website:
Enjoy a FREE meal per person (ages 3 and over), per night at a select Walt Disney World Resort quick-service dining location when you buy a non-discounted 5-night/6-day room and theme park ticket package at a Disney Value Resort hotel.

I'm with ya on things like cabanas in tomorrowland or stuff like that but here I don't see it as a problem. A lot of the perks of being onsite at Disney have diminished. Doing something like this makes it more appealing to people.
If indeed this is the way they keep it, then it'll stay a perk, but the way the greed has been lately, it's not so promising...But I would not be opposed to what you're saying.

This isn't a complete free dining offer, it's an offer for 1 free quick service meal per night. Per the Disney Website:
Enjoy a FREE meal per person (ages 3 and over), per night at a select Walt Disney World Resort quick-service dining location when you buy a non-discounted 5-night/6-day room and theme park ticket package at a Disney Value Resort hotel.
Yes but that's still free dining. It might not be the free dining we are used to by you are getting a free meal a day for booking a trip.

Yep. My sister took advantage of this last year. I wasn't sure if they were going to offer anything like the old FD offers though....Or even an upgrade to original Quick serv. dining plan if stepping up from value to deluxe.

Pretty sure the cage like structure is shipping components which have not been removed yet. A frame to hold the seats in a group until the lift raises them as a unit and they are attached to the frame of the ride. I find it hard to believe there would be a cage in front of your viewing / riding position.

I suppose it will open at some point during the ride. Maybe at the very beginning you're in some sort of station and the cage opens for your banshee to fly. Remember this whole ''tours around Pandora'' theme they are going for? Maybe that's part of the experience.

I suppose it will open at some point during the ride. Maybe at the very beginning you're in some sort of station and the cage opens for your banshee to fly. Remember this whole ''tours around Pandora'' theme they are going for? Maybe that's part of the experience.
Yes the way I understand is the cage will move out of the way when the ride is going on. It's a safety structure/support for loading and unloading.

That sounds similar to the old Back To The Future ride at US where you got into the Delorian inside of a lab bay. Then the bay doors opened and you moved a little bit forward and up to simulate the flying aspect of the ride in front of the screen.

That sounds similar to the old Back To The Future ride at US where you got into the Delorian inside of a lab bay. Then the bay doors opened and you moved a little bit forward and up to simulate the flying aspect of the ride in front of the screen.

Cmon Man! I still haven't gotten over that ride no longer being there. Was pretty much a first of it's kind.

News

Shades of Green is going to be renovated supposedly starting in the first quarter of 2017. The project will cost $40+ million and will include renovation of the magnolia building interior, re-roofing, and new exterior painting of the entire resort. The project will happen in 3 phases and take 19 months overall.

I'm sorry if this has already been posted about, but I saw on WDWNT that they were retiring the train welcome show to be replaced with a new welcome castle show. I'm really bummed because that is my favorite thing about mornings in the Magic Kingdom. Does anyone else know anything about this?

I'm sorry if this has already been posted about, but I saw on WDWNT that they were retiring the train welcome show to be replaced with a new welcome castle show. I'm really bummed because that is my favorite thing about mornings in the Magic Kingdom. Does anyone else know anything about this?
Yes we have a thread about it. It was on the parks blog earlier today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter