News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did announce the next one at D23, though not an opening date. Raya and the Last Dragon.

Oh, I don't think the movie will actually go there. But to me, the trolls are pretty bad. They give nothing but bad advice and kidnap kids.
Did they say Raya was a princess? No shade at the heroines but they didn't seem to make that distinction

Did they say Raya was a princess? No shade at the heroines but they didn't seem to make that distinction

don't think there is a ton of info out, but per wikipedia, no mention of being a princess: "Raya, a fearless and passionate warrior with a winning charm who is searching for the last dragon"

though she does seem to have an animal side kick of sorts .... not reports of magic hair or if a man comes along and tries to solve her problems

NEWS

Self check in kiosk piloted for Cape May Cafe

I'm glad to see that they still have the option to check-in in person.

We only have a Canadian cell and the 2 dining locations earlier this month that said our Canadian cell would work were correct....but both times our text advising our table was ready was received 24 hours after our reservation!!! Yes it worked, the text just took it's time getting to my phone so we still need a buzzer until Disney is better able to accept non-US cell phone numbers.
I am all for enhanced guest experiences and streamlining processes, but I wouldn’t be so sure Disney would keep a CM stationed at the front for reservations if/when it is ultimately rolled out. I am guessing that CM was just there during the pilot and would eventually be removed for people that just bring you to the table and can jump in when necessary.

Maybe I am cynical, but I bet it’s just more jobs that can be eliminated across property replacing people with iPads/boxes like PhotoPass locations. It’s sad to see this form of automation.

I am all for enhanced guest experiences and streamlining processes, but I wouldn’t be so sure Disney would keep a CM stationed at the front for reservations if/when it is ultimately rolled out. I am guessing that CM was just there during the pilot and would eventually be removed for people that just bring you to the table and can jump in when necessary.

Maybe I am cynical, but I bet it’s just more jobs that can be eliminated across property replacing people with iPads/boxes like PhotoPass locations. It’s sad to see this form of automation.

I saw someone comment on the post that feeling is this will just help out with the mob of people that can come in the morning and not eliminate a human host/hostess just to help organize, etc. Guess we shall see

Unless there is a last minute save, it looks like Thomas Cook who do multiple flights a day from the UK to MCO among other destinations will go under at midnight tonight (GMT).

This will likely mean less tourism from the UK over the coming months as thousands of holidays will be cancelled

From a personal level I have a holiday booked with them for the Halloween period next week month and it upsets me to think that likely wont be happening anymore, but I feel even more for those thst will lose their jobs.

Im keeping my fingers crossed for that last minute save.

I have a Manchester City jersey from when Thomas Cook was the teams sponsor. I guess that's a collectible now!

The people that check you in ,are also the ones that seat you and are assigner’s and GT’s too depending on training .And I doubt every location would have self check in .But I feel even with self check in you would still in away need a cast member at the podium imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter