• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems: A Tremendously Tropical PTR

Very nice update. I love the pic of DD walking with Minnie at AK :lovestruc

We decided to skip AK this trip since our trip is short and it is our least favorite park, plus since I am considering renting an ECV due to my bad back and knees plus my COPD I'd just as soon avoid the buses.

I keep thinking about Kona, only thing is with my diabetes I do not thing I should be eating all those sweet delightfull breakfast offerings, I know I shouldn't :rotfl:
I am sure you are going to love Kona, it is the one place Shelly and Jo agree on to eat.

Never at at Yak & Yeti so can't help you there either.

I am thinking of skipping DTD too because of the buses if I rent the ECV I scheduled it for our last full day so if we skip it we can decide to do something we missed.

I think your trip sounds wonderful, you are going to need a vacation to recoup once you get home.

Two updates?! I'm feeling spoiled. :hug:

I love your final day Epcot plans. I am not a fan of drinking in public and the way people act. I think staying in Future World is a great, great idea. :thumbsup2 Eating at Kona would be a yummy way to kick off your day too. How wonderful that you will get to have such a great view of Wishes!!

Why no Dinosaur? :rotfl2: I love that ride!! Yak & Yeti is always one I have wanted to try. Yum!!!

Very nice update. I love the pic of DD walking with Minnie at AK :lovestruc

I like that one too. I wish it hadn't been blurry though. It always happens on the pictures you want to get most. :rolleyes:

We decided to skip AK this trip since our trip is short and it is our least favorite park, plus since I am considering renting an ECV due to my bad back and knees plus my COPD I'd just as soon avoid the buses.

I'd probably skip it too if I needed an ECV. It is such a huge park. I've been taking a hormone replacement that is causing me to have joint pain and I'm a little worried about how I will do with all this walking. So I know what you mean.

I keep thinking about Kona, only thing is with my diabetes I do not thing I should be eating all those sweet delightfull breakfast offerings, I know I shouldn't :rotfl:
I am sure you are going to love Kona, it is the one place Shelly and Jo agree on to eat.

Never at at Yak & Yeti so can't help you there either.

Yeah, Kona is probably not the best choice for you. I'm sure they have something there that you could eat, but I wouldn't want to go there and have to watch everyone else eat Tonga Toast! :rolleyes:

I am thinking of skipping DTD too because of the buses if I rent the ECV I scheduled it for our last full day so if we skip it we can decide to do something we missed.

I think your trip sounds wonderful, you are going to need a vacation to recoup once you get home.

I think you're right. The closer it gets to time to leave, the more I wonder if I am going to make it for 12 days! :laughing: I've also gotten heal spurs in both of my feet since our last trip, and I haven't had anything done about it. I just don't want anymore surgery. But I wonder how long my feet will last. Some days my heels hurt so bad that I can hardly walk. When you add that to the joint pain, I may not be worth a flying flip! The doctor is trying me on a new hormone that hopefully will stop the joint pain, but it's been almost two weeks and no change. :sad2: It really stinks to have medical issues on vacation! :headache:

replies in red

Two updates?! I'm feeling spoiled. :hug:

I love your final day Epcot plans. I am not a fan of drinking in public and the way people act. I think staying in Future World is a great, great idea. :thumbsup2 Eating at Kona would be a yummy way to kick off your day too. How wonderful that you will get to have such a great view of Wishes!!

We don't drink at all, and drunk people really get on my nerves. It doesn't bother me if someone wants to have a drink, but I don't understand why anyone wants to get blasted, especially at Disney. People just do really dumb things when they are drunk and I don't want to be mixed up in that, even more so with my child around. Anyway, I figured it would be best to just avoid it on the weekends. I hope we don't have any issues like that on Monday when we go to the F&W, because I didn't realize it at the time, but that day is Halloween! :eek:

Why no Dinosaur? :rotfl2: I love that ride!!

Why not? You're funny! :lmao:

Yak & Yeti is always one I have wanted to try. Yum!!!

I've always been interested in trying it too, but it is a little on the funky side. I just hope someone can recommend something good to order.

replies in red

Three words. Kobe Beef Burger. Mmmmmm. That is the best burger that I have EVER eaten in my entire life. It's at Yak & Yeti if I failed to mention that. I dream about this burger. In fact, could you please fedex me one while you are down there because I'd really like to eat one. :rotfl2: Also, the fried wontons for dessert are worth the dining credit alone. Seriously yummy. I am literally drooling at my desk, thank goodness it's almost lunch time! :rolleyes1

I like your last two days' plans. I have been told by lots of people that F&W on the weekends is nuts. I think you'll be fine over in FW.

I've only eaten at the CS for Y&Y, but I remember LL's love for that Kobe beef burger!!! I've heard many others rave about the wonton dessert too. Looking at the menu, I'd think any of the wok dishes or the lo mein would be pretty basic fare. I know my DH would either get ribs or the burger. I'd go for the steak/shrimp dish.

Last day...sigh...Does it seem like it's coming up fast yet? not trying to make you panic, just curious. I remember for our trips, when we are about a month or two out, I think, ah, we've got time. Then before I know it, it's a week and I go into full panic mode! :laughing:

I'm a list maker too. It does seem to help keep me focused and organized to have things in writing.

Three words. Kobe Beef Burger. Mmmmmm. That is the best burger that I have EVER eaten in my entire life. It's at Yak & Yeti if I failed to mention that. I dream about this burger. In fact, could you please fedex me one while you are down there because I'd really like to eat one. :rotfl2: Also, the fried wontons for dessert are worth the dining credit alone. Seriously yummy. I am literally drooling at my desk, thank goodness it's almost lunch time! :rolleyes1

Wow you are really passionate about that burger! ;) It must be good! I'll have to remember that and the wontons. My DH is gonna think I am nuts if I order a burger at an Asian place! :lmao:

I like your last two days' plans. I have been told by lots of people that F&W on the weekends is nuts. I think you'll be fine over in FW.

I've only eaten at the CS for Y&Y, but I remember LL's love for that Kobe beef burger!!! I've heard many others rave about the wonton dessert too. Looking at the menu, I'd think any of the wok dishes or the lo mein would be pretty basic fare. I know my DH would either get ribs or the burger. I'd go for the steak/shrimp dish.

Last day...sigh...Does it seem like it's coming up fast yet? not trying to make you panic, just curious. I remember for our trips, when we are about a month or two out, I think, ah, we've got time. Then before I know it, it's a week and I go into full panic mode! :laughing:

I'm a list maker too. It does seem to help keep me focused and organized to have things in writing.

Yeah, we definitely want to avoid any F&W chaos. I'm not into drama.

I love lo mein! When I looked into the reviews, most people seemed to like that steak/shrimp combo. I'd be willing to bet $20 that's what my DH orders. The man loves meat!

Yes, it is coming fast, and yes I am panicking! I actually had a nightmare last night about not getting DD's outfits finished in time, and I woke up drenched in sweat with my heart pounding! :lmao: :lmao: I am not kidding! I have no idea why that happened b/c I am not even stressed over the clothes. I'm almost done with them. :confused3 I so have issues! :rotfl:

I'm all about a list. Cannot function without them! :worship:

How 'bout a ONE WEEK DANCE!!!​

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Next week at this time, we will be on our way to pick DD up from school and heading to Jacksonville!!!! :woohoo:

Oh yeah, I'm up for a one week dance!!

:banana:

That's 7 for 7 days!!!

party: WOO HOO!!!

I :lovestruc that burger. Trust me, it's that good. Mmmmm.

One week dancing!! :banana:

I love to dance! I really love to dance for Disney trips!

One week Rinky!

:cool1:

:dancer:

7 day dance!!!

THANK YOU LADIES!!!!!!! You are all fine dancers! ;)

Next week at this time, we will be leaving Jacksonville and heading to the port! :cool1: :woohoo: :banana: :yay: I may cry at the first sight of that ship :sad:, or I may just pass out! :faint: DD will be VERY hyper :hyper: and talking 100 miles an hour :hyper2: because that's what she does when she gets excited. DH will be fussing at us to be quiet and stop all the giddy squealing, because he needs to concentrate on his driving and listen to the GPS! :headache: It will be chaos for a few moments in the car, but it will be magical chaos! pixiedust: I can't wait! :cloud9:

Hope everyone has a super fantastic day! :wizard:

THANK YOU LADIES!!!!!!! You are all fine dancers! ;)

Next week at this time, we will be leaving Jacksonville and heading to the port! :cool1: :woohoo: :banana: :yay: I may cry at the first sight of that ship :sad:, or I may just pass out! :faint: DD will be VERY hyper :hyper: and talking 100 miles an hour :hyper2: because that's what she does when she gets excited. DH will be fussing at us to be quiet and stop all the giddy squealing, because he's needs to concentrate on his driving and listen to the GPS! :headache: It will be chaos for a few moments in the car, but it will be magical chaos! pixiedust: I can't wait! :cloud9:

Hope everyone has a super fantastic day! :wizard:

magical chaos............I love it only 6 More days!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Chaos dance! :rotfl:

Gotta question for you... does the ship have wireless internet access? I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to mess with bringing my laptop.

It does, but it is kind of expensive and very slow. I never used it myslef, but I have heard from others about how incredibly slow it is.

Don't bother with the laptop. Not worth it.

But have your camera in the front seat with you - as you drive across the bridge to the port, you can get a shot of the ship in the distance and then as you get closer to parking.

I may not make it back on the DIS before you leave so I came over to wish you a fantastic trip!:yay::dance3::yay:

We leave tomorrow. I finally got my sub plans done:faint: I'm finally getting excited! Sure wish our trips overlapped!!

It does, but it is kind of expensive and very slow. I never used it myslef, but I have heard from others about how incredibly slow it is.

Ok, thanks! I won't bother taking it then. It's going to feel funny having no connection to the outside world! :laughing:

Don't bother with the laptop. Not worth it.

But have your camera in the front seat with you - as you drive across the bridge to the port, you can get a shot of the ship in the distance and then as you get closer to parking.

Thanks for the tips! I will try to remember to have the camera ready.

I may not make it back on the DIS before you leave so I came over to wish you a fantastic trip!:yay::dance3::yay:

We leave tomorrow. I finally got my sub plans done:faint: I'm finally getting excited! Sure wish our trips overlapped!!

Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful time too! Stay safe and be sure to check in when you get back.

I always hated doing sub plans when I was going to be out. I felt like I never actually got any time off b/c if I was going to miss an 8 hour day, it seemed to take that long to get everything in place for someone else and get things back in order when I got back. So I feel for you, but I'm glad you got it done and can start getting excited now! :woohoo:

Well I guess our trips will technically overlap, we just won't be in the same Disney vacation spot at the same time. :sad2: Like I always seem to say to Memom... maybe next time. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter