No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems: A Tremendously Tropical PTR

Hey Rinky, just getting caught up here! Your trip is so close!!!! :yay:

Just to go back a couple of updates - Cali Grill: I ate there for the first time last week and LOVED it, seriously, LOVED it! I had the pork and it was melt in your mouth good. For Wishes we went out onto the observation deck 10 minutes early and there were already quite a few people out there. We were still able to get a spot on the rail, just letting you know to be sure and head out no later than 10 minutes before the fireworks start.

Yak & Yeti, another great choice! I can't remember what entree I ordered there (I'd have to go back to my TR to find out ;) ) but I remember it was good, everyone's was. I do remember that I had cream cheese and pineapple wantons with caramel sauce for dessert and that was to die for!

I love all of the outfits you and your mom made for your DD, soooooo adorable, great job!

Fashion dance! :laughing: You are cracking me up!

I didn't know you got your pillowcase from etsy. It was really, really cute! Their stuff is high though, but I can tell you after making this stuff, it is very time consuming. I don't think the people on etsy overcharge at all, but it's just hard to pay that kind of money even if it's worth it. Hope that made sense.

My mom has a fancy sewing machine that does all the embroidery. It has a card slot (like an SD card) that you put in it to tell it what to do. You have to thread it with the right colors, but it does all the work. You just put the pillowcase under the needle where you want it to stitch and it does it all by itself. It's really neat to watch! It takes a while though. I think that Minnie had 10 or more colors in it, so she had to change the thread a lot.

The zebra print Minnie head was an applique. On that you cut out a piece of fabric that you like and it just embroiders and outline around the fabric, then you cut the excess fabric off. I found something very similar to that outfit selling on etsy for about $60. I 'copied' the Minnie ears headband too (which cost me 20 cents!!!) and they were selling for $12 plus shipping. So it saved me a bunch to have my mom do the sewing. If you have a local lady that you know, she might be able to do it cheaper than etsy and you won't have to pay shipping. We have two local stores that do stuff like that too so you might want to check around town.

Thanks for those tips. I may look into it a bit more.

Hey Rinky, just getting caught up here! Your trip is so close!!!! :yay:

Just to go back a couple of updates - Cali Grill: I ate there for the first time last week and LOVED it, seriously, LOVED it! I had the pork and it was melt in your mouth good. For Wishes we went out onto the observation deck 10 minutes early and there were already quite a few people out there. We were still able to get a spot on the rail, just letting you know to be sure and head out no later than 10 minutes before the fireworks start.

Yak & Yeti, another great choice! I can't remember what entree I ordered there (I'd have to go back to my TR to find out ;) ) but I remember it was good, everyone's was. I do remember that I had cream cheese and pineapple wantons with caramel sauce for dessert and that was to die for!

I love all of the outfits you and your mom made for your DD, soooooo adorable, great job!

Yay! You're home! I hope you are going to do a TR. I know you had a wonderful time. I was checking the weather while all of you were gone and it looked fabulous! And I saw the group picture on Jill's FB page! LOVED IT!! Your costumes rocked!!!!! :thumbsup2 I was going to let DD be the cheshire cat (I think that was you anyway), but I couldn't ever find a good costume for her. :confused3

You have me so excited for CG and Y&Y! I was really worried about both of those, but you made me feel a lot better! Can't wait to try it! And thanks for the tip about the fireworks! That Y&Y dessert sounds really good too! I will order that for sure. I had a cream cheese pineapple dip at a friend's party one time that was out of this world good, so I am certain I would like that.

Your tickerless smilie makes me sad for you. :hug:

Thanks for those tips. I may look into it a bit more.

You're welcome! And thank you for all your help in planning this trip!

Can you believe that your ticker says 3 days? Just 3 short days? It's almost here!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I know, I know!!! :yay: I'm heading to Target right now to get some last minute things. I'm only about 25% packed though! :eek: We got tons of goodbye hugs and well wishes at church this morning though. Everyone was so excited for us. It almost felt surreal! :love:

Rinky, I think you could sell on Etsy! You are so creative. Great, great job on everything. Your daughter has such a good mama! :thumbsup2

Your costumes rocked!!!!! :thumbsup2 I was going to let DD be the cheshire cat (I think that was you anyway), but I couldn't ever find a good costume for her. :confused3

Yes, that was me. I had a hard time finding a costume too, but Jennifer (Happydog) made me a tail and ears and it turned out so cute! Then I just bought a Cheshire Cat shirt from Cafe Press and got the most adorable bracelet and earrings from Etsy - costume done! :thumbsup2

I have to thank Wigd for arranging the whole costume theme, I never would have dressed up without her putting it together, and it was really a lot of fun! We have a great picture to share from MNSSHP too, just need to get that TR started........

LOVE all the cute things you and your mom made!!!
You are going to have a WONDERFUL trip!! I'll wish that bad weather away too!

THREE DAYS!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

Rinky, I think you could sell on Etsy! You are so creative. Great, great job on everything. Your daughter has such a good mama! :thumbsup2

Oh no! You couldn't tell it in the pictures, but we messed up something on everything we did! :laughing: I was able to tuck and hide most of it, but it definitely could not be sold that way.

Yes, that was me. I had a hard time finding a costume too, but Jennifer (Happydog) made me a tail and ears and it turned out so cute! Then I just bought a Cheshire Cat shirt from Cafe Press and got the most adorable bracelet and earrings from Etsy - costume done! :thumbsup2

I have to thank Wigd for arranging the whole costume theme, I never would have dressed up without her putting it together, and it was really a lot of fun! We have a great picture to share from MNSSHP too, just need to get that TR started........

Well I loved all the costumes! Very cool idea! I can't wait to read about all of you going to the party. I really hate I missed that, b/c I know that was a blast!

I forgot to give you a 3 day dance!

:simba: :simba: :simba:

:woohoo:

LOVE all the cute things you and your mom made!!!
You are going to have a WONDERFUL trip!! I'll wish that bad weather away too!

THREE DAYS!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

Thank you! And please do wish the weather away. Now it looks like we may have a hurricane! At first it was just a tropical disturbance, but now it's forecasted to turn into a hurricane (Rina). The track is showing it going right over southern Florida next week. I just cannot handle this stress!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headache:

:banana: 2 Days!!! :banana:

I did not hear about Rina , but I officially wish her to fizzle out !

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared1: You don't need this kind of stress before your vacation!!!! :headache: I wish I could say that I don't know how you feel, but unfortunately I do -- remember a little storm called IRENE??? :eek:

Well I am wishing Rina away and sending good vibes for a safe and wonderful trip!

:wizard::goodvibes:cool1::cloud9::yay::dance3:

Great job to you and your mom on those outfits! They are so cute! I keep saying I need to learn how to sew! All I know how to do is cross stitch (which is kinda like sewing right?). In high school instead of taking classes that could help me in life (sewing and cooking), my parents made me take physics and Latin to fill my course schedule my senior year. Neither of those things help me in the real world, and my freshman year of college I set a put of boiling water on fire! Told them home ec would have been more useful!

TWO DAYS!!! :banana::banana:

The outfits are AMMMMAZING! You and your mom did such a fabulous job!!

I love etsy myself and I have resisted buying anything for baby since I don't know the gender yet but as of tomorrow all bets are off. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

:banana: 2 Days!!! :banana:

I did not hear about Rina , but I officially wish her to fizzle out !

Yes, Rina is throwing a wrench in my plans as we speak. I'm feeling a little bummed right now.

Go Away Rina!!!!!!!!

AMEN!!!

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared1: You don't need this kind of stress before your vacation!!!! :headache: I wish I could say that I don't know how you feel, but unfortunately I do -- remember a little storm called IRENE??? :eek:

Well I am wishing Rina away and sending good vibes for a safe and wonderful trip!

:wizard::goodvibes:cool1::cloud9::yay::dance3:

It has really put a damper on my mood and that stinks. I'm so worried that it is going to ruin my trip. I thought about you as soon as I saw it on the news. I know you went through the same thing. I am so hoping that it turns out as well for me as it did for you.

Great job to you and your mom on those outfits! They are so cute! I keep saying I need to learn how to sew! All I know how to do is cross stitch (which is kinda like sewing right?). In high school instead of taking classes that could help me in life (sewing and cooking), my parents made me take physics and Latin to fill my course schedule my senior year. Neither of those things help me in the real world, and my freshman year of college I set a put of boiling water on fire! Told them home ec would have been more useful!

:lmao: That's too funny! I don't know of anyone who has ever set a pot of water on fire! Your right though. Schools focus so much on teaching things that are 100% worthless to 99% of students and they forget about teaching the stuff that is actually helpful. I'll never understand the education system. :confused3

TWO DAYS!!! :banana::banana:

The outfits are AMMMMAZING! You and your mom did such a fabulous job!!

I love etsy myself and I have resisted buying anything for baby since I don't know the gender yet but as of tomorrow all bets are off. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Thank you LL!

You've got some excitement heading your way very soon!!! I hope everything goes just like you want it to. Savor every single moment!

Etsy is a place that I could spend unlimited amounts of money.... if I had it! :laughing: I'm always in awe at what average, everyday people can create at home! If you buy anything cute, you have to share it with us!

It's almost that time, Rinky!!! I hope you have an amazing time on your trip!!! :wizard:

I know!!!! We leave tomorrow!! TOMORROW!! I think that deserves an "I'm on vacation as of tomorrow" dance! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Now if I can just get rid of Rina and all the rain in the forecast. :guilty:

I didn't get on yesterday to give you the 2 day dance so here it is!

:banana: :banana:

And now for the one day dance!!!

pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter