No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems: A Tremendously Tropical PTR

Ok, thanks! I won't bother taking it then. It's going to feel funny having no connection to the outside world! :laughing:

Well I guess our trips will technically overlap, we just won't be in the same Disney vacation spot at the same time. :sad2: Like I always seem to say to Memom... maybe next time. :rolleyes:

Kay got internet one evening on our trip, but I only had time to check in for a very few minutes. My FB and Hotmail messages piled up, and I got caught up a little today. Just enjoy being away from the world while you are gone.

One day, our trips will overlap, and we will plan a meet. This one came pretty close. I thought I was going to meet Scott and Jillybeaner, too, but that didn't work out. Scott didn't make it to the Sunday meet, and Jill was in a park when I was at Pop yesterday, and we were gone by the time she was going to be getting back a little after 4:00. Bummer on both of those missed meets. :sad1:

Kay got internet one evening on our trip, but I only had time to check in for a very few minutes. My FB and Hotmail messages piled up, and I got caught up a little today. Just enjoy being away from the world while you are gone.

One day, our trips will overlap, and we will plan a meet. This one came pretty close. I thought I was going to meet Scott and Jillybeaner, too, but that didn't work out. Scott didn't make it to the Sunday meet, and Jill was in a park when I was at Pop yesterday, and we were gone by the time she was going to be getting back a little after 4:00. Bummer on both of those missed meets. :sad1:

Oh, I am totally fine with being away from the computer and cell phone while on vacation! That is one of the things that I look forward to the most. But a lot of people say they don't get any cell phone reception on the ship, and then if we have no internet too, that is a little bit of a weird feeling. I'm glad that we can get away from all of those distractions (especially DH's work cell phone that rings 24/7 :headache:), but I would like to be able to check in with my mom and dad. My mom is not happy that I will be on that ship for three days and she can't contact me. And I do like to call them each night and share all the fun stuff we do and check on my fur babies. I guess I'll survive though, and who knows, maybe we will have some cell service.

I hope we will cross Disney paths at some point. As often as you go, it's got to happen sooner or later! That's too bad that you missed out on those dismeets though. It's hard to coordinate stuff like that with so much going on down there.

There is Cellular at sea and certain companies will get service from them (and it may depend on your trype as well). My Mom got service. I never asked her what her bill came to though.
I looked into it a little bit for Paige and it was going to be $2.49 a minute plus roaming charges. My Mom has verizon, and I don't know if she ever turned the phone on while at sea, but she did get service at the islands. It's costly though.

There is Cellular at sea and certain companies will get service from them (and it may depend on your trype as well). My Mom got service. I never asked her what her bill came to though.
I looked into it a little bit for Paige and it was going to be $2.49 a minute plus roaming charges. My Mom has verizon, and I don't know if she ever turned the phone on while at sea, but she did get service at the islands. It's costly though.

Hmm, I wonder how that would work with a Tracfone? I rarely use a cell phone, so that's what I have. I buy minutes for the phone through a calling card type thing and there is no bill. There is no way for them to charge me for roaming. I bet my phone won't work at all in that situation. I'll probably take it along just to see if it does work though.

Thankfully, DH's cell phone quits working as soon as we cross into Florida! :worship::worship::worship: I LOVE THAT!!! I get so sick of hearing that thing ring! So he doesn't even take his phone when we go to Disney.

Sounds like we should do the 5 day cell phone dance then!

:listen: :listen: :listen: :listen: :listen:

:lmao:

Hey Rinky!
I imagine things are really getting busy at your house now! You must have your bags packed and sitting by the door!

We didn't even take our laptops on the ship last summer and Marc makes me turn my phone off so I'm not tempted to check FB or text anyone....
It's way expensive!!!

Hey Rinky!
I imagine things are really getting busy at your house now! You must have your bags packed and sitting by the door!

We didn't even take our laptops on the ship last summer and Marc makes me turn my phone off so I'm not tempted to check FB or text anyone....
It's way expensive!!!

YES! Very busy! :laundy: I'm thinking maybe I need to take shorter trips more often, instead of these really long trips because the "to do" list when you're going to be gone for 12 days is mind boggling! :sad2: I'm not even sure I have enough clothes! I've never done laundry on vacation, but this time might be a first for me.

And no, the bags are NOT packed yet. :eek: I'm working on that this weekend. We have had such warm weather here right up until yesterday that we were still wearing our shorts and t-shirts, so I couldn't pack them. One of the things I love most about living in NC! :cloud9: Some years, we can wear shorts/capris almost year round. But we have finally had a cool snap so I think I can get all the shorts packed up now.

But just when I thought I had been thrown all the curve balls imaginable and we were finally in the clear, I hear on the weather last night that a hurricane is brewing in the gulf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1: So now I am glued to the tube to see what that thing is going to do! :headache: WEATHER! It has irritated me beyond description this year! :mad:

I'll now be keep a watchful eye on that weather and thinking of you too! I hope it fizzles out and doesn't bother you at all!

As soon as you get it all together, you will really enjoy that long trip, I love them best of all, you can just kick back and enjoy your time away. No rush rush!
Don't get me wrong, I'll take any Disney time, but long trips are my favorite!

I'll now be keep a watchful eye on that weather and thinking of you too! I hope it fizzles out and doesn't bother you at all!

As soon as you get it all together, you will really enjoy that long trip, I love them best of all, you can just kick back and enjoy your time away. No rush rush!
Don't get me wrong, I'll take any Disney time, but long trips are my favorite!

Please wish that storm away for me! :wizard::wizard::wizard:

You're right, the long trips are very relaxing. I just wish I had a maid, butler, personal shopper, driver, etc. to help me get it all done! ;) Maybe if I stayed off the Dis, I'd have more time! :laughing:

Please wish that storm away for me! :wizard::wizard::wizard:

You're right, the long trips are very relaxing. I just wish I had a maid, butler, personal shopper, driver, etc. to help me get it all done! ;) Maybe if I stayed off the Dis, I'd have more time! :laughing:

:laughing: Good luck staying off the DIS! I know what you mean about trying to get it done though, but I'm drawn like a magnet to the computer...
I just made some slight adjustments to the June trip (have been on the phone with DVC member services). I came home to some news from the daughter that stayed behind that caused the trip to be delayed a bit...:rolleyes1

I'm going to go outside and do an anti-hurricane dance for you!

Ok, I’ve finally finished most of my sewing projects, so I’m going to go ahead and share what I have. I still have one outfit that needs a little work and I’m not done with my fish extender. Hopefully I’ll finish that today. DH also has the patio in a total mess because he’s making a spot just off to the side for his grill. So I’ll have to show you that next time as well.

Keep in mind that I am NOT a seamstress by any stretch of the imagination. However, my mom is pretty handy with the sewing machine and she has a treasure trove of craft supplies at her house that we used to make most of this. I only had to buy the black shirt and skirt and one piece of black felt to make all this! She had the rest of it in her crafting room! All totaled, I spent about $8!!!

Ok, let me confess… I love etsy! If you are into crafting, etsy.com is a dangerous place! My only issue with etsy is that the stuff is expensive! I know that you are paying for someone’s time to make the items and it is worth what they charge, but I just can’t pay those kinds of prices. So, I just go to etsy, find stuff I like, and then try to make my own version out of things I already have or things I can easily find in discount stores around here.

My mom has an embroidery sewing machine, and she LOVES to make stuff for my DD. DD is her only grandchild, so you can imagine how much she tries to spoil her. I don’t mind it though when she makes clothes for her!

I bought a plain black t-shirt and plain black cotton skirt (with built in shorts underneath… LOVE that) from Walmart and decided to embellish them some. I thought this would be cute for her to wear to Animal Kingdom.

P1000416-1.jpg

My mom did the Minnie head applique and put her name under it in hot pink (that’s what’s blurred out). Then we added zebra print ribbon to the hem of the skirt and made a belt from the applique fabric. I took some of the leftover ribbon and made bows for her Teva flip flops. I just pin them on with safety pins so I can change them out for different outfits.

I also made these Minnie ears to go with the Animal Kingdom outfit.

P1000419.jpg

I just took a black headband that DD already had and made ears from black felt. Then I used the same ribbon from the skirt for the bow.

Then I made another set of bows for her Tevas and a matching headband.

P1000421.jpg

That set is to go with this outfit that I showed you earlier in the TR.

P1000155.jpg

I used that same ribbon to make us new lanyards. The solid black is for DH. Can you believe he didn’t want a Minnie one? :lmao:

P1000420.jpg

My mom even had the silver hardware for those in her craft room! I tell you, the woman has everything in there!

I read a while back that you can drop something off at Guest Services to be signed by all the characters on the ship. I thought that was a neat idea, so I decided we would do a tote bag for DD. We used the same Minnie head applique, but just used different colors. Her name is embroidered underneath in white. I’m going to leave a black Sharpie for the characters to sign with.

P1000413-1.jpg

Then I read on Jenseib’s TR about her doing a pillowcase for her DD and thought it was so cute! So my mom embroidered Minnie on an extra white pillowcase I had and then we added the ribbon. DD’s name is in hot pink.

P1000411-1.jpg

P1000412-1.jpg

I bought a pack of multicolored Sharpies for them to sign this with.

And lastly for now, I took an old dance recital costume of DD’s and altered it a little for her to wear to our princess breakfast at Akershus. She is going to be Jasmine. It’s two pieces, but I pinned it together so you could see it.

P1000406.jpg

I don’t know if you can tell from this picture, but it has lots of silver sequins on it.

P1000407.jpg

As cute as the Jasmine shoes are at the Disney store, there is NO way my DD would wear them. She can’t stand uncomfortable shoes, and I don’t blame her. She really only wants to wear flip flops. So I took a pair of el cheapo turquoise flip flops and added silver sequins and bows to them to go with her costume. I also made her a matching headband. She was happy with them, so I’m happy with them!

P1000408.jpg

And that’s all for now. I hope to get the other pictures posted soon. I better anyway, because time is running out! :eek:

I’ve got to show you this before I go though. The other night I went to check on DD before I went to bed and she had her huge stuffed Minnie lying on top of her and had her arms wrapped around it, hugging it! :cutie: It was so cute. I went to get the camera, but I must have woken her up, b/c she moved a little and her arms flopped down. :laughing: It was still cute to see her with that big Minnie covering her up! It’s almost bigger than she is!

P1000405.jpg

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!

:laughing: Good luck staying off the DIS! I know what you mean about trying to get it done though, but I'm drawn like a magnet to the computer...
I just made some slight adjustments to the June trip (have been on the phone with DVC member services). I came home to some news from the daughter that stayed behind that caused the trip to be delayed a bit...:rolleyes1

I'm going to go outside and do an anti-hurricane dance for you!

:rotfl: Hurricane dance! Just makes sure it's a "go away" hurricane dance! :laughing:

Hmm, well it's nine months from Oct to June, so I think I might now what your delay is. :rolleyes1

I am in LOVE with all of the outfits!!!! You are so creative to think them up and have such a great mom to help you out in completing them!
I think the flip flops are a terrific idea too! Actually perfect! I bought the shoes for Harper but I think she would have loved having crafted flip flops so much more....
You Rock Rinky!!!

Now you have me so curious about your DD's name. I hope we get to meet someday!:goodvibes

I am in LOVE with all of the outfits!!!! You are so creative to think them up and have such a great mom to help you out in completing them!
I think the flip flops are a terrific idea too! Actually perfect! I bought the shoes for Harper but I think she would have loved having crafted flip flops so much more....
You Rock Rinky!!!

Now you have me so curious about your DD's name. I hope we get to meet someday!:goodvibes

Gosh, thank you Wigd! I think they turned out pretty decent. Everything we made has mistakes on it, but hopefully they don't show too bad. :laughing: And it's more like, my mom rocks! ;)

I love those Jasmine shoes from the Disney store! They are so pretty, but my DD is very funny about shoes. She hates all shoes... she wants to be barefooted all the time (she's a country girl ya know). But she will wear flip flops without a fuss. Tennis shoes are pushing it. Anything beyond that, and she just can't stand it. If Harper likes the fancy shoes, then I say enjoy it! I'd buy them too if I could.

I hope we can have a dismeet someday too! You go just as often as Memom, so surely one day we will cross paths.

All the outfits look so awesome!! :goodvibes Only 4 days left! :cool1::woohoo::banana:

Thanks!

I know! 4 is such a small number! :woohoo: It's exciting, but I have been packing all day today, and I feel like I haven't gotten a thing done! I keep packing and packing and the clothes just keep coming. It's like there's a hole in the bottom of the suitcase! :laughing:

:banana::banana::banana: 4 Days :banana::banana::banana:
All the outfits look adorable and what a cool thing that you can leave something at GS on the ship for the characters to sign love the tote bag idea. The pillow case is cute too. I can not wait to see the pics of your DD wearing all the outfits.

That is a cute pic of DD sleeping all covered up with Minnie.

Minnie looks like she is passed out on top of your DD! I have no idea how she could sleep like that! I would be all claustrophobic!

:banana::banana::banana: 4 Days :banana::banana::banana:
All the outfits look adorable and what a cool thing that you can leave something at GS on the ship for the characters to sign love the tote bag idea. The pillow case is cute too. I can not wait to see the pics of your DD wearing all the outfits.

That is a cute pic of DD sleeping all covered up with Minnie.

Thanks! I thought it was a nice touch that DCL lets you leave something to sign too. From what I've read, I think they allow two items per stateroom. The plan was to just get signatures on those items so that we didn't have to carry around another autograph book, but then DD told me tonight that she changed her mind and wants to do a book too. :rolleyes:

Minnie looks like she is passed out on top of your DD! I have no idea how she could sleep like that! I would be all claustrophobic!

:laughing: I know! The only thing I could see on her was that one arm hanging off the side of the bed! I'd go nuts if something was on top of me like that! :crazy2:

I love all the goodies. I wish I knew how to sew or embrodier. Do you do al lthat fancy stuff by hand...or are there some kind of guide disc type thing to buy for the machine? I do know someone who has a machine. I wonder if she would do anything liek that for me. I want another pillow case, but, liek you, I hate spending that kind of money...again.

Today will be the 4 day fashion dance!

:joker: :joker: :joker: :joker:

I love all the goodies. I wish I knew how to sew or embrodier. Do you do al lthat fancy stuff by hand...or are there some kind of guide disc type thing to buy for the machine? I do know someone who has a machine. I wonder if she would do anything liek that for me. I want another pillow case, but, liek you, I hate spending that kind of money...again.

Today will be the 4 day fashion dance!

:joker: :joker: :joker: :joker:

Fashion dance! :laughing: You are cracking me up!

I didn't know you got your pillowcase from etsy. It was really, really cute! Their stuff is high though, but I can tell you after making this stuff, it is very time consuming. I don't think the people on etsy overcharge at all, but it's just hard to pay that kind of money even if it's worth it. Hope that made sense.

My mom has a fancy sewing machine that does all the embroidery. It has a card slot (like an SD card) that you put in it to tell it what to do. You have to thread it with the right colors, but it does all the work. You just put the pillowcase under the needle where you want it to stitch and it does it all by itself. It's really neat to watch! It takes a while though. I think that Minnie had 10 or more colors in it, so she had to change the thread a lot.

The zebra print Minnie head was an applique. On that you cut out a piece of fabric that you like and it just embroiders and outline around the fabric, then you cut the excess fabric off. I found something very similar to that outfit selling on etsy for about $60. I 'copied' the Minnie ears headband too (which cost me 20 cents!!!) and they were selling for $12 plus shipping. So it saved me a bunch to have my mom do the sewing. If you have a local lady that you know, she might be able to do it cheaper than etsy and you won't have to pay shipping. We have two local stores that do stuff like that too so you might want to check around town.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter