No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems: A Tremendously Tropical PTR

1 day to Go! :banana:

I surely have my fingers crossed for you that Rina does not cause you any problems..............They are predicting snow here for Saturday :scared1:

New dance ...Rina has to Go Go and so does my Saturday Snow :banana::banana::banana:

Rinky, I know how long you have waited for this trip. You deserve to have such a magical time. Enjoy every minute of it. Safe travels to you my friend. :goodvibes

I didn't get on yesterday to give you the 2 day dance so here it is!

:banana: :banana:

And now for the one day dance!!!

pixiedust:

Thanks! Got a hurricane demolishing dance?

1 day to Go! :banana:

I surely have my fingers crossed for you that Rina does not cause you any problems..............They are predicting snow here for Saturday :scared1:

New dance ...Rina has to Go Go and so does my Saturday Snow :banana::banana::banana:

Snow, already? Wow!

I'm really stressing over this hurricane. Each new advisory that comes out is worse than the last.

Rinky, I know how long you have waited for this trip. You deserve to have such a magical time. Enjoy every minute of it. Safe travels to you my friend. :goodvibes

Aw, thank you! I just hope we can enjoy it. I'm really worried about this hurricane.

Have a safe and wonderful trip! pixiedust:

:beach:

:hug:

:wave2:

Thank you! I think I need about 100 of those hug smilies right now. I've had my big ball of excitement popped by Rina.

Have a Magical, DREAM-filled trip Rinky!!!!

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Thank you Sheree!

Well, this is probably my last post before we leave. I'm sure it will be too crazy in the morning for me to get on here. I am really bummed right now. I have been so excited for so long and I feel like the wind has been knocked out of my sails. I'm really praying that the Lord sees fit to send Rina away and all will be well for us. As of 4:00, the weather channel was predicting it to hit southern Florida on Sunday (the day we arrive back at Port Canaveral). But you know how that goes... they really are only guessing. Their forecast for our Castaway Cay day is really awful too... thunderstorms all day and rough seas. :sad1: Does anyone know if you can get the weather channel on the ship? I can't stand the thought of being out there and having no clue what's going on with Rina. I am a major storm chicken, and I just have to know what's happening (I know you can relate Jackie). Anyway, I'm trying to be positive and get excited. It's just a lot of waiting and so much planning that seems to be going down the drain right now. :guilty:

Wish us luck! See you all on the 7th!

magnetabweb-1.jpg

Oh, I almost forgot, if you are really bored and have nothing else to do on Thursday at about 5:00, you can watch us sail away on this live webcam link:

http://portcanaveralwebcam.com/

See ya real soon! ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

Sorry that I missed you before you left but I will try to catch the webcam and know I will be thinking of you, praying for a safe and magical trip. :hug:

Aw Rinky, I hope this storm turns and heads back out to sea or just dissolves. I don't want it to ruin all of your fun and planning!

I've probably missed you, I had teaching and then my class last night then conferences this evening.

Just in case you get back on, sending some pixie dust your way!:tinker:

I can relate to your storm angst! I hope you can get the Weather Channel on the boat, but if not, just remember that the captain is a pro at steering around the storms. I hope you have sunny skies and a beautiful stop at Castaway Cay! :wizard:

Have a wonderful trip. This morning I heard it was going to hit southern Florida on Friday...maybe it will get it out of there faster then.
Just remember to make the best of it. Even if it rains, you'll have fun. It might not be ideal, but you can turn it onto a new fun experience.

Sorry that I missed you before you left but I will try to catch the webcam and know I will be thinking of you, praying for a safe and magical trip. :hug:

You didn't miss me! I had just a few minutes this morning before we head out to check in here. Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. I VERY much appreciate them.

Aw Rinky, I hope this storm turns and heads back out to sea or just dissolves. I don't want it to ruin all of your fun and planning!

I've probably missed you, I had teaching and then my class last night then conferences this evening.

Just in case you get back on, sending some pixie dust your way!:tinker:

I hope so too. The newest forecast seems to show it weakening by the time it gets to Florida so we'll see. I wish it would just disappear though!

Thanks for the pixie dust. I need a few gallons of it! :laughing:

I can relate to your storm angst! I hope you can get the Weather Channel on the boat, but if not, just remember that the captain is a pro at steering around the storms. I hope you have sunny skies and a beautiful stop at Castaway Cay! :wizard:

I know we will be safe, and I'm feeling a little more positive this morning. We're just going to make the best of it.

Have a wonderful trip. This morning I heard it was going to hit southern Florida on Friday...maybe it will get it out of there faster then.
Just remember to make the best of it. Even if it rains, you'll have fun. It might not be ideal, but you can turn it onto a new fun experience.

We will have as much fun as possible! If I can just get to my dolphin swim and have at least a little bit of time of CC, then I'll call it a success.

--------------------------------------

OK, I'm really gone this time! :laughing: The car is packed and we're heading out to pick DD up from school. I hope all of you have a wonderful week while we are gone! :wizard:

Hope you have a wonderful trip! I will keep my fingers crossed the storm goes away! Have a fantastic time! See you next month!

I hope that you have a great trip. The weather changes so much that I know you will worry but try to stay positive.

Hi there! I'm finally coming out of lurkdom to say that I loved your previous trip report and have followed your PTR as well. Your DD is adorable!! princess: I hope you have been having a wonderful trip! I'm not sure which day you went to Animal Kingdom exactly (ie if Saturday was your last full day) but DBF and I were there on Saturday! Safe travels and looking forward to your TR! :goodvibes

Hope you have a wonderful trip! I will keep my fingers crossed the storm goes away! Have a fantastic time! See you next month!

We did have a wonderful time!!! And Rina did take a hike! :woohoo:

I hope that you have a great trip. The weather changes so much that I know you will worry but try to stay positive.

The weather worked out perfectly and all my worrying was for nothing. :wizard: We had a wonderful pixie dusted time!

I missed your send off! I hope you are having a fantastic time!! :yay:

We did! It was THE BEST TRIP EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am waaaay behind! Hope you are making it okay. :thumbsup2

I am totally draggin' my wagon this morning, but it was all worth it! There's nothing like Disney exhaustion!

Hi there! I'm finally coming out of lurkdom to say that I loved your previous trip report and have followed your PTR as well. Your DD is adorable!! princess: I hope you have been having a wonderful trip! I'm not sure which day you went to Animal Kingdom exactly (ie if Saturday was your last full day) but DBF and I were there on Saturday! Safe travels and looking forward to your TR! :goodvibes

WELCOME! So glad you decided to join us. This is a fabulous group of ladies that hang out around here so don't be shy.

Yes, we were in Animal Kingdom on Saturday! It was awesome! Who knows, we might have crossed paths and didn't even know it!

We had the most awesome trip ever! I hope you did too!

:welcome: HOME Rinky !!!!:banana:

Glad to hear you had a wonderfully magical trip, I thought of you more times than I can tell you what with your storms down there and our October NorEaster and then being without power and freezeing my you know what off with no heat and temps at night down in the 20's. If I could have I would have been down in FL at WDW in the blink of an eye, I did ask DH if we could change our March trip and bale on Ct but he thought I was crazy :lmao:

Can not wait to hear all about your trip and your right you come home totally exhausted but it is a good exhaustion :goodvibes

We're back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND OH MY GOODNESS... we had THE BEST TRIP EVER!!! :worship: It was awesome! I don't even know where to begin! My mind is reeling with stuff that I want to share with all of you!

First off, the weather...

You know I was really worried when we left about Hurricane Rina. It looked like she was headed right for us and I was pretty bummed the day we left. Well, I don't know what happened, but we had absolutely PERFECT weather for our entire trip! :cloud9: I remember telling DH before we left that it would be great if I could put in an order for 3 days of hot weather for our cruise, and then 8 days of cool weather for Disney World, with no rain. He just laughed at me and said, "Yeah right, like that's going to happen." Oh ye of little faith! That is EXACTLY what happened!! :eek: It was about 85 each day of the cruise, and lower 70s each day at Disney (except for one day that was 80 and we went to Typhoon Lagoon that day so that was perfect too!) It rained once on the cruise, but that was in the middle of the night, so it didn't hinder our plans at all. It also rained for about one hour first thing in the morning on our Food & Wine Festival day. At first I thought the day was going to be terrible, but it was over quickly and turned out to be a blessing because the park was totally empty all day! :woohoo: Honestly, we could not have had better weather if I had chosen it myself.

The cruise...

I'll start by saying that it wasn't perfect. I'll get to those details later though. But overall, we had an amazing time, and we got to do some things that I have dreamed of doing my whole life. The dolphin encounter ROCKED, and Castaway Cay is the most beautiful place on the planet... seriously. :wizard: The turquoise water that I have dreamed of seeing was even more beautiful than it is in pictures. The snorkeling was a first for us and we are all addicted. I cannot wait until we can do that again!

The food... OH MY GOSH... the food! My DH LOVED the cruise if for no other reason but the food. popcorn:: Almost everything we had was outstanding, and we loved our servers. They really spoiled us!

The shows were done in typical Disney fashion and 2 of the 3 were wonderful! I was even fighting off tears on more than one occasion. :rolleyes1

Disney World crowds...

They were virtually nonexsistent. I am not kidding! We have had the best luck with crowds on our trips, but this one was the best. I don't want to spoil the TR details, but I'll just say that we walked onto several rides that have NEVER been walk ons before for us!!! :yay:

Caribbean Beach Resort...

Shelly, you were not lying! :worship: It far exceeded my expectations! We absolutely LOVED CBR! It is gorgeous! I loved almost everything about it. The steel drum music that was playing all the time really added to the atmosphere. The pool was fantastic! I think it is even better than the pools at some of the deluxe resorts. I really enjoyed all the 'extras' at CBR that we haven't had at the value resorts. It's quite possible that I have become a moderate resort snob! :laughing:

I know the buses get mixed reviews at CBR, but we NEVER had to stand, not even once on the CBR buses. We stood on a regular basis on ASMo and Pop buses though. I will say that it was a bit annoying for the buses to stop in each village. It took us about 3 days to realize that we were not allowing enough time to get where we were going b/c of the village stops. It only bothered me though when we had to get somewhere by a certain time b/c it made us a little bit late more than once. But after we got used to it, and allowed more time it wasn't a huge deal.

Disney World dining...

WOW! This was our very best year of Disney dining! We loved all of our restaurant choices and that's a first for us! We had some really fantastic food on this trip. I tried to do better about taking food pics too. In the past I haven't done very good with that. I can't wait to share it all with you!

Ok, that's all the details you are getting out of me for now. I have sooooo much more to tell you about though. It's going to take me some time to get unpacked, clothes washed, pictures loaded... you know the drill. :laundy: And unfortunately, the real world slapped us in the face bright and early this morning as we all had to go straight back to school and work. We got in around 8:00 last night and had just enough time to get baths and get ready for Monday morning before going to bed. Needless to say, we are all exhausted. I also have 200 emails waiting for me and I have a lot to catch up with at work this week. But I will get this TR started as soon as I possibly can and I hope you will all come along for the ride!

Rinky - Everything sounds so perfect, I have major trip envy. I am so happy to hear that CBR is all that and more, I know I showed DH all the pics that Shelly had in her TR of CBR and he did admit it looked nice.(He is sorta a Dxl Resort Snob) I wanted to stay at CBR back in 91 and he was like no it is too big.

I will try to be patient while you do clothes and upload photos, but I want details ASAP :laughing:I watched at video on tv just Sat about the dream and it looked fantastic, can not wait to hear all about the food and your dining during the trip :yay:

Welcome Home Rinky! I'm so glad your trip was awesome. I really can't wait to hear all the details!! :banana::banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter