North Carolina Members

WolfpackFan

Retired and loving every minute of it!!
I've seen several other folks starting threads about where they live, so I thought I'd start one for North Carolina. We have a Cary address, but think of Apex more as home. Our two grown kids went to Apex HS, we go to Church in Apex and DW is a native of Apex. I myself was born in Raleigh, but grew up in Wilmington and Greenville. Plus I'm a graduate of N.C. State as you can tell from my screen name.

We just moved to NC 3 weeks ago from Mass - and we're neighbors WolfPackFan, lol! Willow Spring resident here (next to Fuquay). We're lovin' NC!! DH and DS are in WDW right now - we moved earlier than expected and I couldn't get the time off work, and my DD couldn't take the time off her new school.

HI Jenn - Is Willow Springs down in the area between Fuquay and Clayton? If so, that is close to where our daughter teaches school. She teaches 4th grade at West View Elementary south of 42 on Cleveland School Rd.

There was a thread a while ago for NC owners; must've vanished.:confused3
As you can see by my sig, we're NC (non-native) DVCers, too!
However, our daughter went to UNC......so "GO 'HEELS"!

yeah, this thread probably won't work as the wolfpackers and tar heels square off and fight...

(the blue devils, of course, are all in the jersey thread... ;) )

<---tar heel grad in winston-salem...went to HS in harnett county

I moved to Raleigh from Long Island, New York about 2 years ago, but I grew up in Houston, TX. My wife and I got married last April, after which she moved here from Albany, NY. We are both loving it here in Raleigh, especially since we don't have to deal with the snow like they have been having...

I currently live in northern part of Cary (Containment Area for Relocated Yankees) and work at WakeMed Raleigh campus. I became a DVC member about 3 years ago, bought at SSR, then added some points at VWL. I am such a big Disney fan that my wife and I honeymooned in Orlando. We went on a Disney cruise and stayed at BWV for a few days afterwards.

We just came back from a 7 day Eastern cruise with DCL. I was very bummed when I got the brochure about AKV on the day before we were to leave for the cruise. There was no way to even contact our guy. To my surprise, the DVC rep on the ship announced at the Member Celebration that they were selling add-on points to AKV for DVC members. So, I jumped at the chance and bought 150 points at AKV! Now we have 375 points. The difficult part is figuring out when we can go again, since my wife is now pregnant :cheer2:

yeah, this thread probably won't work as the wolfpackers and tar heels square off and fight...

I live with it everyday. DW is a Heels fan. Not sure how we've done it but in spite of that we've been married almost 35 years. I sure loved it when we beat the Heels a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately we haven't done anything since then. Even Miami beat us.

Hey everyone! We are just outside of Winston-Salem. We've been here for about 5 years, Chicago natives.

I'm a native Appalachian North Carolinian. Graduated from ECU and headed straight back home to the mountains.

I will go ahead and throw Duke into the mix, why not. I am finishing up my MS degree there, although I really am not a fan of the place.

I have been in the Raleigh area for 7 years now. I moved here in '00 from Chicago, but grew up outside of Pittsburgh. DH is from Goldsboro. We live in southeast Durham, about 1 mile from the Wake county line, near the Brier Creek shopping center. We met here in '03, have been married almost 2 years now and are committed DINKs. DH is a WDW nut and has pulled me into his madness.

We just bought into DVC, in fact, just passed ROFR on a BWV contract and are waiting for our closing papers.

-Kat

*wave*

I expect to own DVC before the year is out, it's killing me cause there is a perfect contract up but we really want to avoid financing so we wait a little longer <grrr>

Originally from Long Island NY, I relocated to GSO, NC in 1988 for college and never left :goodvibes

Non sports fan so I'll sit out the war......

I live with it everyday. DW is a Heels fan. Not sure how we've done it but in spite of that we've been married almost 35 years. I sure loved it when we beat the Heels a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately we haven't done anything since then. Even Miami beat us.

Me too WolfpackFan. I can feel your pain. DW has been a Tarheeler all her life while I have been a WolfPacker all mine. We are a mixed family;) Course Im right cause Im older than her, therefore, wiser. I tell her somebody has to be right and somebody has to be wrong, and she is wrong. And I went to school with and played football with Frank Haith, Miami's head coach. I need to have a talk with him:mad: ;)

I have lived in NC all my life. In the same house in fact. We are in Burlington. When DW and I married, mom and dad built them a new place we bought the homeplace, kept the family owned business at same location. Heck, even when I went to college, I only traveled 3 miles away to Elon College(University now). So I consider myself a poster child for the term "Homeboy"

Am I the only one who lives in the largest city between Atlanta and DC? Let's hear it for Charlotte! Live here during the school year only then move to HH for the summer months. My dd is going to be a Palladin in college next year. I think the Carolinas are the nicest place in the whole country to live (and I grew up moving around a lot). :)

I'm here in Greensboro, NC. I closed this week on a BWV resale. I'm just waiting to get into the System so I can plan my first DVC trip. I have 4 children. With the 1st child we moved from a 2 BR condo to a 3 BR house. The 2nd came along with no big expenditures. With the 3rd, came the 4BR house, minivan, and Deluxe WDW resorts that accommodate 5. And now, with the 4th, comes a 2BR DVC.

We live in Cary also, though like you go to church and send our child to school in Apex (ST. Mary Magdalene). Move down to the triangle about 8 years ago I guess.

Go Heels!

Jim

I expect to own DVC before the year is out, it's killing me cause there is a perfect contract up but we really want to avoid financing so we wait a little longer <grrr>

Flechette,
I remember a post from you back in October 2006. What's taking so long to join DVC??? Come on in, the water is fine!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter