North Carolina Members

Living in Oxford, NC, North of Wake County, not far from the state line of Virginia. 10 years now, orginally from NJ. Don't ever want to go back. But my heart will always bleed NY Giant Blue. :banana:

WolfpackFan, we're close neighbors as well.....We have an Apex address but live closer to Cary. We are near 1010 Rd. and West Lake Rd. DD goes to West Lake Elementary, and wife works at Rex Healthcare in Cary.

I am one of the few natives in Wake county.....

Duane

We are also in Cary and I have several friends that work for Rex Healthcare in Cary! In fact I used to work there! Small world.....

We moved here from S FL a little more than 10 years ago. I do miss FL. I am also a Yankee, born in NY, raised in RI.

statesville here....and wolfpack fan, i got one on ya. i am a HUUGE wolfpack fan (nervous about the game tomorrow night), but my ENTIRE family are tarheels...

btw, here are just a few shots from the last game vs. the heels....
Grant.jpg
McCauley3.jpg
Fells2.jpg

to see them all,
http://northcarolinastate.scout.com/2/615676.html
http://northcarolinastate.scout.com/2/615677.html
http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=178&p=2&c=615680

WolfpackFan, we're close neighbors as well.....We have an Apex address but live closer to Cary. We are near 1010 Rd. and West Lake Rd. DD goes to West Lake Elementary, and wife works at Rex Healthcare in Cary.

That's funny about Rex Healthcare. We go to the fitness center there about everyday. We live about half a mile from there.

kgar - I love the pictures. Thanks for posting them. Just hope we do well tommorrow night. With Atsur back, hopefully we'll play well. I just keep wondering what kind of season we might have had, if he had been well all season.

Flechette,
I remember a post from you back in October 2006. What's taking so long to join DVC??? Come on in, the water is fine!!

LOL!:rotfl:

Well Tim (hubby) would like me to wait until he's home and not in a warzone for starters, granted that only slows me down and he knows I might still buy anyway. Secondly I want to pay cash and not finance -which we could just about do now except for 1 little tiny thing....

We're going to Australia for his 2 week R&R! :woohoo: :banana: :cheer2: :dancer: We've been talking about doing this for 10 years. and I'm really excited about it:cool1:

Plus I saved up money for him to buy a new gun once he gets home umm around 2K for that. (don't ask - I really don't want to know what he's bringing into the house:eek: )

AND I've got about 25% saved up for a 100 pt OKW DVC contract:angel: Thank you Lord for credit unions and money market accounts:goodvibes

On the off chance I've over saved for Australia (yea right!) any extra goes to DVC. popcorn::

(cough) I did just speak with my guide Gibb and asked him to contact me when AKL is on sale for the public- March 5th is the magic date but he cannot talk pricing until that point:rolleyes1 so we'll see which way the cookie crumble on that;)

HI Jenn - Is Willow Springs down in the area between Fuquay and Clayton? If so, that is close to where our daughter teaches school. She teaches 4th grade at West View Elementary south of 42 on Cleveland School Rd.

That's where I am :)

:sad: We were almost one of you, but alas our two attempts to buy a home in Charlotte failed and then Dh got a job offer he couldn't refuse......

Enjoy Australia with Tim, Flechette! And save money - although I don't know that is possible Down Under.

Hope he gets out of the warzone very soon, safe and ready to visit DVC! And then we can all welcome you and Tim home!

Hi - another relocated yankee here in Cary - LOL.

Our two kids attended UNCW so that's where most of our money went -- any remainder was invested in DVC :)

We've been here since 92, after having lived in MD, CT (DH) and NJ (me).

I used to work at The Disney Store in Cary - and moved over to Crabtree when Cary was closed (a very sad day) so I might know some of you :)

It sounds like a NC Dis-meet should be in the works, eh?

Buongiorno,
Bwalker

Hi - another relocated yankee here in Cary - LOL.

Our two kids attended UNCW so that's where most of our money went -- any remainder was invested in DVC :)

We've been here since 92, after having lived in MD, CT (DH) and NJ (me).

I used to work at The Disney Store in Cary - and moved over to Crabtree when Cary was closed (a very sad day) so I might know some of you :)

It sounds like a NC Dis-meet should be in the works, eh?

Buongiorno,
Bwalker
Im all for that NC DIS meet! Sign me up:thumbsup2

Checking in! I live in Lexington(BBQ capital of the world), where DH grew up. I grew up down the road in the only town smaller than Lexington(Mocksville). I lived in Cullowhee(Western Carolina) for 3 years, then moved with ex-husband to his hometown outside of Atlanta. Three years later, I left him and Georgia for home! Oldest daughter commutes to UNC-Greensboro right now, but she wants to live on campus next year on her sorority hall. Second daughter is a junior in high school(16), and wants to go to UNC-CH, so I may never get back to see Mickey after paying her tuition! My son is 14, and wants to go to State for an engineering degree, and youngest daughter(13) is working hard at being the most popular girl in middle school! I'm not a sports fan, but I've spent years in the stands cheering my own kids on. I prefer watching the cheerleaders at college games...those girls can FLY! All 3 of my girls are cheerleaders, and all 3 played soccer for years. Only my 16-year-old still cheers and plays soccer, and is editor of the school newspaper. Oldest daughter was very involved in high school(editor of paper, yearbook staff, student body president, etc.), and is just now starting to get involved in campus activities. All those school activities sure limited when/how long we could visit Mickey, so my points don't go as far as they used to. It's hard for all 6 of us to go to WDW together, now, so I treasure our time there even more than I did when the kids were in elementary school. My plan is to pass my points on to my children to enjoy with their kids. They don't know yet how precious that time will be, but one day they will! Good to meet everyone!:goodvibes :cheer2:

Well, I'll jump into this thread and thereby give it a bump back up the board. My wife and I are originally from Alabama, but have lived in the Cary/Apex area for about 17 years now which practically qualifies us as natives around here. :) We're both Disney fans and honeymooned at WDW back in 1989 (Contemporary Resort). Three kids and many WDW trips later, we finally bought into DVC the first month that BCV points went on sale. I came down with a bad case of "add-on-itis" a couple of times since (more BCV points, and then some SSR points)...Is there a vaccine for that? :rotfl:

We are relocated yankees living in Holly Springs. We have been here three years now, and I don't think we could ever go back north!

I don't live in NC but I have met a very nice family at disney. She was once Mrs. North Carolina!! Beautiful family and we had a nice time with them walking around the boardwalk!!

My sister lives in Cornelius...........transplant from MA. I also have a friend who lives in Charlotte!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter