November 2020

Definitely try reservation finder. I was able to get a Yak and Yeti last week through them. If all else fails check the wait times the day of. I've been checking them and I've been surprised at what's available

Definitely try reservation finder. I was able to get a Yak and Yeti last week through them. If all else fails check the wait times the day of. I've been checking them and I've been surprised at what's available
Thanks! Yes I do have the reservations I am hoping for set up with Touring Plans reservation finder and on Open Table notifications as well. :-) That is awesome you got a Yak and Yeti one! That is one TS I have never tried, so this trip I was able to obtain a lunch reservation!

Anyone from NJ? Following Cuomo’s change to the tri state quarantine list for NY residents and wondering if/when Murphy will follow suit for NJ! The ability to test out of quarantine will help so much!

Way late in joining this thread! My DH and I leave Thursday for a last minute trip to WDW. It will be our first kid free trip to WDW since our honeymoon 23 years ago. Every vacation that I planned this year has been scrapped. My DH felt bad for me and told me to book a short trip to Disney. Gotta love him for indulging me!! I will report any info I can when we get home.
Better late than never 🙂. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Anyone from NJ? Following Cuomo’s change to the tri state quarantine list for NY residents and wondering if/when Murphy will follow suit for NJ! The ability to test out of quarantine will help so much!
NY here. Still pretty sure we are cancelling our Nov trip. If I read the NY guidelines correctly you have to get tested 3 days before flying home and then subsequently after you arrive, etc. It would be quite difficult to get tested while in Florida unless you rent a car and then of course that is maybe half a day or more wasted on your time away. I think if you were strapped for time and didn't want to quarantine at home it would work. If you work at home already, I don't see the advantage to the testing opt-out.

NY here. Still pretty sure we are cancelling our Nov trip. If I read the NY guidelines correctly you have to get tested 3 days before flying home and then subsequently after you arrive, etc. It would be quite difficult to get tested while in Florida unless you rent a car and then of course that is maybe half a day or more wasted on your time away. I think if you were strapped for time and didn't want to quarantine at home it would work. If you work at home already, I don't see the advantage to the testing opt-out.
Yes you are correct; test 3 days before returning home and then on your 4th day home. If both are negative you then are done quarantining. There is a testing site about 5 minutes from AK and you could always Uber or Lyft, depending on when in Nov. you're going it may or may not be a long wait. Cuomo hasn't said whether a rapid test will suffice or if it has to be a PCR but I would assume rapid. You can also still opt to not test and technically do the 14 day quarantine. I still can't decide if his new way is better or worse!

Oy - I'd potentially have to cancel if my state had some of the more severe restrictions. SC doesn't have the restrictions - so we are going to use common sense... keep using our masks in public when we get home and delay porch visits with grandparents for two weeks.

I just booked a last minute trip for next weekend!! I was looking for feedback on wait times for the busses to parks / monorail? I will have a rental car, but driving to the TTC for MK sounds like a pain, would taking the bus from the resort be better? We wanted to grab counter service Tonga Toast! before park opening on that day.

I really enjoy having a November group. It is fun to read about everyone else's plans and have that same excitement level!! However in the last few days, I am getting a little nervous over the spike of cases nationally...is anyone concerned about Walt Disney World fully shutting down again??? I know no one can predict the future, but I was interested in people's thoughts. Sometimes if you just discuss something and say it out loud it gives you a better perspective. I am not sure I can handle another cancelled vacation, but of course it is what it is. I appreciate your thoughts!

I agree - it's always fun having a group for your trip month! and we have some really good people in this group.

As I've said before, we plan on going; regardless of what happens. If Disney closes, then we hope for a refund and will just enjoy the resort as best we can.

Anyone see a new thread on the new RotR queue changes? I believe tomorrow is the first day of it.

I couldn’t believe my eyes when i saw the dining availability this morning!!!
Just got everything I wanted to get.
I mean Liberty Tree Tavern had several spots open for thanksgiving day even

I know!!! My dog woke me up when my son left for hunting, and I was so frustrated.... then I logged on just to see if we could luck out with dining... LOVE my dog!!! LOL (always love my dog, but even more this morning!) :)

Yes you are correct; test 3 days before returning home and then on your 4th day home. If both are negative you then are done quarantining. There is a testing site about 5 minutes from AK and you could always Uber or Lyft, depending on when in Nov. you're going it may or may not be a long wait. Cuomo hasn't said whether a rapid test will suffice or if it has to be a PCR but I would assume rapid. You can also still opt to not test and technically do the 14 day quarantine. I still can't decide if his new way is better or worse!
Which site is that? I was trying to figure out the closest site since we can test out of quarantine in CT and trying to figure out the testing sites was overwhelming me. We can wait until we get home but it might be better for my husband and oldest to have it ready when we arrive, the rest of us can do it when we get home.

Thanks for the heads up on availability! I had a couple ADRs I had wanted to switch times on but couldn't find any availability, plenty today :)

2 bags packed, many more to go. We are so used to driving and loading the minivan that this is a challenging lesson in restraint for me.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter