October is here!!! A Semi-live TR!!! Our Oct 7-14 trip to the world!

Oh yeah...after what seemed like eons...we finally met Jasmine and Aladdin.

I thought you were waiting all the time in between posts...

And my DH reminded me that this trip was for her lol.

Yep. Sucks, doesn't it?

:laughing:

I had visions of strolling around and trying different food and drinks...from Food and Wine...DD had other ideas. Sigh.

"I will not kill her. I will not kill her. I will not kill her..."

And while I searched for something for me to eat...we came apon the Karamel Kuche store in Germany. Which really I can't walk past and not go in.

This is so true.
That place is amazing.

So I got a blood orange caramel.

They have that?!?!?!? I did not see that!!!

So I had dessert first. Don't judge.

Nope. No judging in Disney World.

Again..not the best dinner...pretzel and apple strudel

Still not judging.

earlier I tried the Frozen Smores. I wasn't really sure what to expect...if it was a dessert or drink...it was a drink lol. Kind of like a chocolate slushy with marshmallows and chocolate in it!! It tasted good...but had a bit of a weird texture. It was refreshing though.

Sounds interesting.

DD wasn't having the walking around anymore

Yep. No matter how hard they try, WS is more for adults than kids.

We walked back to Japan because I had never been in the shop and had heard so much about it.

What a cool shop!!

::yes::

They were kind of hidden away in a little alcove behind the UK pavillion...so the good news was that the line was short...because it was not easy to find. AND we even...got to listen to an English cover band while we waited!!

Nice score!

got to hear the end of Jesse's girl at Eat to the Beat!!

:thumbsup2

Then...found a spot for the parade in front of Canada!!

Parade? I assume you mean Illuminations, right?

They told us about how one of the Canadian managers cooked up a turkey dinner and had a big pot luck and all the Canadian CM's took turns going over there for some turkey.

Nice! I really like that.

It was about 10 minutes and we were on our way.

Not bad at all.

In a perfect world, I would like to have two days or more to devote to each park...

That's exactly how I feel.
Maybe more for Epcot.... or all of them... <sigh>

but especially Epcot because I could spend a whole day just in world showcase really checking out each country properly.

ONE DAY (you know, when I win the lottery) I'd love to stay for two whole weeks on Disney property. I'd like to think at least then you could enjoy each park without feeling so exhausted each day...and no pressure to do so much each day...and have pool time...and waterpark time and gasp...even maybe a non-park day or two thrown in (or some time to go see the competition for a day lol)

Yup. That's pretty much exactly how I feel about it.

Today was our last park day :(.

Boo!!!!

Man was I tired...I mean...I woke up pretty quick and was thrilled to still be at Disney...but...5 days in a row of early wake ups and all day walking...does tire the body out!!

"but if we want to have any chance of riding our favourite rides more than once today...this is IT. Let's GO"

:laughing: Still easier than getting them up for school.

This time...I was not going to be had. We stood our ground...right in the middle of the bus stop - prepared for whichever end the bus should stop at.

I picture you with fists on hips, head swivelling back and forth, ready to mount a charge in either direction.

The welcome show was cute as always, but no train!! The train is being refurbished until sometime in November! I was hoping to ride it too!! Oh well.

Oh? I didn't know that was happening.

I'm so glad we did that. I love the new queue - though thankful that we did it first and did not spend an hour waiting in it!!

::yes:: It's a really well done queue. Did you hold your hand out so a shadow butterfly would land on it?

Next up, meet Ariel. Ever since DD got her autograph book, she has been really into the characters. It's fun for her...but....means a lot of waiting around...but..oh well. At least the line for Ariel was not too bad in the morning. I liked her grotto too.

I presume you will be posting pictures of this some time?????????

Disney is so awesome with the details.

Next up, we heard that Gaston would be coming out and he is a fun meet or so we heard.

I've heard (and seen!) some good things about him.

While we were waiting I decided to try the Le Fou's Brew at Gaston's Tavern. I really liked it actually.

I was okay with it... but would much prefer a Dole Whip float.

Gaston was pretty funny...

Good!

There was a girl behind us who had heard that if you tell him you are stronger than he is he will sometimes challenge you in push ups...so she tried to get him to do it but he wouldn't. I wonder if they aren't allowed when there is a big line or maybe only certain Gason's do it...I have no idea...but it was funny watching her try anyway.

There's a pretty well known video out there of a young man challenging him to a push-up competition.
Gaston almost immediately starts to do them faster than the other man can do them....

Then he offers to give him a hand... while doing the push ups with one hand!

Next we hit up Haunted mansion one more time. Love this ride.

Best ride. Ever.

This was a lot of fun and DD was thrilled with her autographs and interactions with these two.

Glad it was worth staying up for.

This was...quite a long wait considering we had an ADR. I think it was almost a half hour of waiting outside before we got to place our orders.

Really! I don't think I waited at all! This surprises me.

I know you can order online ahead of time, but I just didn't want to decide that 2 months out as well.

You can order online ahead of time and then change it once you get there if you wish.

I found it funny that so many people recite the declaration in there with the movie.

They do? I don't recall them doing that when I was there in February.

Huh.

I had been told I needed to try the Cream cheese pretzel so try it we did!

On my "to eat" list!

Then we ......guess...took another ride on the Peoplemover.

No!

and decided our last ride of the day would be....Small World

Your... Last. Ride.

:faint:

you know...to remember MK with the song stuck in your head.

:sad2:

We ended up getting snagged to do a survey about our dining choices on the way out...

Good! You gave them your email address, yes?
That's how you get pin codes.

...I had to sit on DD's suitcase to close it lol

:laughing:

And that's all she wrote!!

And thanks so much for writing it! :goodvibes

happened a few times but not really supposed to and went viral.

Funny!! Would be funny to see that. I love how the character is totally IN character for Gaston...like rude and all, so funny.

I hope you were to savor every minute of it.

I really tried. When I was tired and hot and she wanted to do something that was totally NOT what I wanted...I tried to remember she will only be this age once and next time, while Disney will always be magical, it just won't be the same. It was a lot of fun. I actually think the last day at MK was the most fun because really we had already done a lot of what we wanted to so there was less "pressure" to do it all and we could relax a bit and really enjoy it.

Maybe a sleeping bag.

Yeah ok - I know it's not thrilling enough for a lot of people...but I thought it was fun - the stars and the "space" feeling...liked that.

I will not kill her..

Yeah exactly...I will not get frustrated as we pass so many things I'd like to stop and see and eat lol

They have that?!?!?!? I did not see that!!!

Yep. The blood orange caramel was soooo good. Chocolate covered orangey caramel goodness! So glad I tried it. I would have liked some caramel corn too but...my dentist would not lol.

WS is more for adults than kids.

Totally. Other than the characters...which we did but...because there is so much less for kids there...they are all jam packed...

Parade? I assume you mean Illuminations, right?

Yeah my oops...Illuminations...not parade...but fun.

Still easier than getting them up for school.

Much!!

I presume you will be posting pictures of this some time?????????

Yes, when I get home and figure out hopefully a better way to get pics on photobucket or some such!

would much prefer a Dole Whip float.

That was on my list too but sadly did not get to try it this time.

Then he offers to give him a hand... while doing the push ups with one hand!

Would be so fun to see that lol.

They do? I don't recall them doing that when I was there in February.

Maybe we just had a particularly patriotic bunch...who knows lol

That's how you get pin codes.

Good to know!!!

we understand the time and effort involved in even just getting from place to place.

OMG for sure. Just walking around in those crowds without getting run over by a stroller is enough to make you insane. Especially sometimes you feel like a salmon swimming upstream if you aren't going the same way as the majority!!

I have loved your live trip report! Looking forward to some pictures when you get home!

Band in England - British revolution, DH loves them we see hem at least once a trip! So fun!

Awesome last day! Safe travels.

After that, we decided on another pseudo break in hall of Presidents. I found it funny that so many people recite the declaration in there with the movie. I guess they make you all memorize that in school or something? And the presidents too? So funny. I only know the recent ones being Canadian and all. But the movie was still interesting anyway :)

I wonder how many know the words because of School House Rock?

You bet! It may take a while to post..as I really detest photobucket and haven't figured out any other way yet...but I will get some up at some point for sure lol

What I did was just save them down (using the basic microsoft photo editor), and then insert them directly. I also hate photobucket, and haven't used it in years...

Now I have to go back and read more...

I think that in all the times I've been to Disney I've only seen Aladdin and Jasmine twice.Their line always fills up and closes right after it opens. It's crazy!

I'm very excited that you got to hear the end of Jesse's Girl! That's the best Rick Springfield song (does he have other songs?), so you made it work perfectly!

Sounds like you guys had a great time! I'm excited to see pictures when you get home and get a chance to post them!

I ended up going with the Dalkey duo and a really yummy rum drink with blueberry and something honey? and a tomato salad. DD had the crispy shrimp and chips. Then we split the apple cobbler for dessert. Everything was awesome and we had fun watching the irish dancers. Then even DD got up and danced with them at the end!!

Yay! I seem to remember you being nervous about this choice, so I'm glad it worked out. Especially with the dancing part!

so we rode Nemo 3 times.

Lol. Gotta love when they get to ride their favorites over and over with no wait! Even if it is Nemo...

I had visions of Food and Wine snacks for lunch...but DD wasn't having it...she was starving already.

Kids...

I texted my DH while in line complaining about the wait instead of complaining to my DD lol. I kept saying "are you sure you want to wait in this?" and she did. And my DH reminded me that this trip was for her lol. Sigh. Yeah I know lol.

The things we do for our kids...

Once again...it got to that point where she was starving and didn't care what she ate...but nothing we passed at food and wine appealed to her...sigh.

Sounds like my dd...

I got some shrimp tempura sushi which was delish.

At least you finally got some good food!

got to hear the end of Jesse's girl at Eat to the Beat!!

And got to hear Rick!

We decided our RD ride would be Peter Pan. This is a favourite of both DD and I and so far we had only ridden it with a FP and hadn't seen the new queue, so we decided to make that our first ride. I'm so glad we did that. I love the new queue - though thankful that we did it first and did not spend an hour waiting in it!!

Cool - we only did it with FP, so didn't get to see the new queue. Glad you got to do it without a long wait!

Disney is so awesome with the details.

Yup. ::yes::

Next we had the coveted FP+ for Anna and Elsa that I stayed up to midnight on my girls' road trip in August for lol. This was a lot of fun and DD was thrilled with her autographs and interactions with these two. And I was worried it would take too long because we had an ADR for lunch, but we were in and out in 10 minutes.

Yay, it worked out! So glad it was worth it for you guys after all that effort - and your friend thinking you were crazy! :goodvibes

I had been told I needed to try the Cream cheese pretzel so try it we did! Yum!! I only wish you could get "half" a pretzel as we could not finish this thing. Oh well.

Ooh, that sounds yummy. I'd finish it for you, but I guess I'm a little too far away... ;)

Safe travels home!

Band in England - British revolution, DH loves them we see hem at least once a trip! So fun!

Oh funny! I had no idea they were there all the time. They were really good. I love British rock lol

School House Rock?

So funny...I bet a lot lol

just save them down (using the basic microsoft photo editor), an

Ooooh I will definitely try something like that...yay! no more Photobucket!

I'm excited to see pictures when you get home and get a chance to post them!

Gonna try shortly..hopefully @irene_dsc 's method works and I can do it more easily!

And got to hear Rick!

Yes, Rick is pretty great...although my DD was all "why can't Taylor Swift be here instead of this old 80's guy lol"

So glad it was worth it for you guys after all that effort

It was. Especially because on the whole trip I never saw the wait time for Anna and Elsa go below 80 minutes. Gah...

I'd like to say welcome home, but where you likely are in the disney withdrawals I'm not sure you're ready for that yet ; )

Sounds like the ladder half of your trip was great. I'm so glad you enjoyed Tusker House!!!! I know you were worried about the food options for your daughter but it sounds like all went well. Too bad you couldn't try more of food and wine, but at least you got a little taste.

Can't believe those insane Aurora and Aladdin wait times. Crazy. No wonder your daughter was so hungry!

And totally loving all the people mover love you too have. Girls after my own heart ; )

OK...here goes pictures!!

Surprise_zpsl3tr6s0d.jpg

Surprise!! At the airport!!!!

Tink_zpsp3dllowp.jpg

Visit with Tink, one of her faves!

Buzz_zpshsptzyw1.jpg

And of course Buzz....

Cars_zpsh80lubfc.jpg

Her first time actually being the driver!

likely are in the disney withdrawals I'm not sure you're ready for that yet ; )

Ha yep. Disney withdrawals have definitely set in. I want to be back in the land of no cooking and laundry and cleaning and work and....sigh...all of it...

all the people mover love you too have. Girls after my own heart ; )

OMG I could ride that thing all day. And DD loves it as much as I do which was awesome.

Hey Kathy! Just read through your whole live TR as I was away pretty much the whole time you were :) Looks like you guys had such a great time, I'm so glad! Are you going to do a separate TR?
Love the Trader Sam's cup BTW, might have to get one when we stay at the Poly in January :goodvibes

I loved seeing your pictures! It's really great to be able to put a face with the avatar! Your DD is adorable, looks like she had a great time

Looks like you guys had such a great time, I'm so glad! Are you going to do a separate TR?

We did have an amazing time...sigh...so sad to be home and back to reality. At least I have my Disney oven mitt and RIP pillow to remind me of Disney lol I'm not sure yet about a separate TR...I think I got most of it my semi-live TR...I may go back to just living vicariously through others until I have another trip in the works...who knows when that will be. Not sure I will be able to convince anyone to go back until all the renos are done at DHS and AK...sigh...also one day I'd love to go during a non peak - non party time...not sure when that is anymore lol

Never heard of that. How was it?

The candy corn ice cream was delish. Well if you like vanilla soft serve lol. It pretty much tasted like that but it was fun that it was orange.

love the Spaceship Earth pic!

Those are so much fun. Another ride I would like to do again and make a funny face now that I know when they take pics!

Your DD is adorable, looks like she had a great time

She really did...it was magical and it was so good to have that much time with just her. She really needs that. Her brother is somewhat...challenging and tends to take up a lot of his parents energy/attention at home so it was great for her to be the centre of the universe for a few days.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Looks like you two ladies had a wonderful time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter