October is here!!! A Semi-live TR!!! Our Oct 7-14 trip to the world!

Great photos! I love the polka dot Minnie dress!

Glad you figured out how to include the photos!

Great pictures!! Sounds like you two had a blast...just makes me want to do a Mom/Daughter trip more and more!

Looks like you two ladies had a wonderful time.

We sure did...sigh...I wanna be back there....waaaah. I could almost cry how much I miss it right now as reality smacks me in the face lol. It is just such an incredible escape where you really can forget everything else that may be going on in life and just have fun. I think that's why we all like Disney so much..it's so....not reality lol

Love the pictures!

Thanks!! I love looking at them and re-living the trip in my head. Post Disney Depression is seriously setting in...sigh...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

We sure did...it was so awesome. My only complaint would be the crowds. Don't get me wrong...it was still amazing and I would not change a thing...I just...was not expecting that...I don't know why..but I just didn't think October would be as busy as...my last trip in March...or other peak time trips I've been on.

I love the polka dot Minnie dress!

Thanks...I love that dress. We actually got it in 2011 at Disneyland Paris! I have been looking for another one like it since...because it is almost too small for DD and probably will be the next time we get to go....

Sounds like you two had a blast...just makes me want to do a Mom/Daughter trip more and more!

You should do it. It was so nice to have that much quality one on one time with my daughter. I know that is more important as she moves towards the teenage years...

We sure did...sigh...I wanna be back there....waaaah. I could almost cry how much I miss it right now as reality smacks me in the face lol. It is just such an incredible escape where you really can forget everything else that may be going on in life and just have fun. I think that's why we all like Disney so much..it's so....not reality lol
You know what this means, right Kathy?

TIME TO BOOK THE NEXT TRIP!!!! :cutie: ::yes:: :woohoo: :thumbsup2

TIME TO BOOK THE NEXT TRIP!!!!

Oh man...you have no idea how badly I'd like to do that lol I just have no idea when/how ....sigh...but one day :)) Actually right now...I'm thinking that perhaps I will look into Disneyland in CA because my son really wants to go to Hollywood...so that might be a way to get me some Disney fixin' as well...and it would probably be in Mid-June that it may be feasible....and it's not as hot (I don't think) in CA in June as it is in Florida...amiright? I have no clue...

Oh man...you have no idea how badly I'd like to do that lol I just have no idea when/how ....sigh...but one day :)) Actually right now...I'm thinking that perhaps I will look into Disneyland in CA because my son really wants to go to Hollywood...so that might be a way to get me some Disney fixin' as well...and it would probably be in Mid-June that it may be feasible....and it's not as hot (I don't think) in CA in June as it is in Florida...amiright? I have no clue...

Just fyi, Anaheim is about an hour from LA. We've done both on the same trip, and it's definitely doable, but if you're planning to do multiple days in LA/Hollywood, I'd recommend getting a hotel in that area for a few days and then moving to a hotel in Anaheim for the DL part of the trip so that you don't have to drive back and forth all the time.
As for the weather ... no idea. But it doesn't rain as much in CA (although I don't remember if the random rain showers are an issue in Florida in June).

But ... yes, you should book your next trip, and you should definitely go to Disneyland.

Just fyi, Anaheim is about an hour from LA. We've done both on the same trip, and it's definitely doable, but if you're planning to do multiple days in LA/Hollywood, I'd recommend getting a hotel in that area for a few days and then moving to a hotel in Anaheim for the DL part of the trip

Thanks for the reco Sarah lol. I do know that Disney isn't that close to LA - we actually went on our honeymoom to LA, then Disney, then drove up to San Fran. But we only did California Adventure on that trip and not nearly enough time at Disney...but you do make a great point - that it may need a bit longer of a trip to do both. I hope we have time. I hate to say it but actually my DS would probably enjoy the LA portion of the trip more than the Disney part if we did that...but I would have a hard time being that close and not getting some Disney action lol.

Thanks for the reco Sarah lol. I do know that Disney isn't that close to LA - we actually went on our honeymoom to LA, then Disney, then drove up to San Fran. But we only did California Adventure on that trip and not nearly enough time at Disney...but you do make a great point - that it may need a bit longer of a trip to do both. I hope we have time. I hate to say it but actually my DS would probably enjoy the LA portion of the trip more than the Disney part if we did that...but I would have a hard time being that close and not getting some Disney action lol.

Sounds like our honeymoons were almost the same. We did Disneyland too and then flew up to San Fran for some time in Napa. We're thinking about going sometime in the next few years too!

Then we get to the airport, and I know that I couldn't keep it from her through customs. We have nexus cards (a preferred traveller program with Canada and the US) that allows us to go through customs in a special quicker area...but there is a lady that checks to make sure you have a nexus card before letting you in there. So as I was handing her our cards, I also passed her a piece of paper and said "give this to my daughter". At first she was puzzled but then she read it and her face lit up because she helped to share the surprise!! She handed the piece of paper over and it said "Surprise! We are going to Disney World" !!! And she was all "what??? Really?????" And huge smile and jumping up and down and big hugs! A little crowd had formed around us by this point and even the serious business people who usually go through nexus were all happy. It was awesome!! So then we wanted to ask about all the plans and where we were staying and all that and I had to hustle her through customs and security saying "I'll tell you all as soon as we get to our gate".. It was a pretty cool surprise!!

Aw that is awesome!!! Love that everyone got into it!

AND pixie dust already...the whole bus was full except the very front seats!!

Yes! That's a great score!

the bus driver said on the way home we have to get on the ME FOUR hours prior to our flight

Yikes! And I get frustrated with the three hour pickup time. That's just way too early but I guess I understand why in case of freeway delays and what not.

I tried the legendary Beignets. They were good....but I really didn't need three of them for myself and DD didn't want any....oh well. Not quite like the real NO...but some sugary carby goodness nonetheless.

Okay so I love the beignets at Disneyland. Are you saying they taste even better in New Orleans?! Cause i've got to get over there like now!

I can not believe how crazy HOT it is here right now!!

Ugh, I remember how uncomfortable it was when we went in October 2013. It wasn't as hot as when we had visited in June 2008 (ps, never doing Summer ever again if I can help it!) but it was still very warm.

Here's what we did first...Peoplemover!!!!! It was DD's choice, I swear lol. But I didn't mind at all of course. I could ride that thing all day!!

Hey that's a great start i'd say, I love that ride!

Flip flops saved the day....except...it was so hot that DD's feet kept slipping out of them....so she kept having to stop and put them on again...and by the end of the night...her feet were dISGUSTING!!! and very sore as well...oh well..lesson learned. Runners for the rest of the trip.

I'm always jealous of girls/women that can wear flip flops in the parks all day without a problem. My SIL is like that. I'd much rather wear them in the Summer at parks too but it becomes so uncomfortable.

As I mentioned...we managed to sleep in until oh...almost 8am lol.
:thumbsup2

We had some ice cream and sat in tomorrowland terrace and there was some show going on at the castle

:rotfl:I never remember the names either, it's okay!

Oh that and...I don't know how I did this, but I totally forgot to bring any socks other than the ones I was wearing on travel day lol

Now that does suck!

Will be back to read the rest!

Hi Kathy,

Still hanging in there as best I can. Hopped over here to see if you had a TR going... Do you?? I know you probably have the Post-Trip Blues now, so it's time to plan another trip, right?

Sounds like our honeymoons were almost the same.

So cool! I definitely hope to get back to CA one day!! And there is so much more to it that I haven't seen.

Are you saying they taste even better in New Orleans?!

OMG YES, well in my opinion anyway...I think it was more of a texture thing that was different rather than the taste? They both were delish though...the ones at Disney I thought were more almost hollow in the inside and I don't remember the ones in NE being that way?

I never remember the names either, it's okay!

I've never been as much for the shows...they are kind of something you do while you are waiting for something or trying to figure out what to do...but we did stop to watch them a bit more on this trip.

Hopped over here to see if you had a TR going... Do you?? I know you probably have the Post-Trip Blues now, so it's time to plan another trip, right?

I don't actually have a TR...not sure if I will...life has gotten busy and I think I have pretty much covered as much as I can remember lol. I can't believe I have been home for almost two weeks now...sigh..yes, serious post trip blues...but I'm lucky because at least we will be in FL at Christmas time - though nowhere near Disney...but better than nothing lol

I missed all of your live updates, when they were live - but I read them all this morning. :D It sounds like you had a great trip, aside from being tired. I love staying at FQ and beignets in the morning for breakfast (or any other time of the day, for that matter...)

It sounds like it was quite crowded - I am convinced that Disney needs a 5th & 6th park just to disburse some of these crowds - it's really getting out of hand every time of the year - which is sad.

I loved seeing all of your pictures at the end! It looks like dd enjoyed herself. :thumbsup2 Great job on the planning executing mom! ::yes::

Thanks for sharing, I love following along! :lovestruc

D~

I know all about the post-Disney blues and trying to get caught up after a trip, but I finally got on DIS this morning since I have a day off of work. I am trying to get caught up and I have to say that I am impressed that you did a live trip report! I barely could get our clothes out for the next day and get a shower without falling over! I am all caught up and love that your daughter was surprised - you are awesome with keeping a secret! And I loved the picture of you guys at the airport - she looked so excited. Even though it was crowded and hot, you guys got a lot done and your daughter will always remember this trip. Loved all your pictures!

It sounds like it was quite crowded - I am convinced that Disney needs a 5th & 6th park just to disburse some of these crowds - it's really getting out of hand every time of the year - which is sad.

I totally agree with you...the crowds are really getting out of hand and there's no real way to beat them anymore lol...I mean sure, RD and FP+ and a lot of planning...but even then...sometimes you just wish there weren't so many people everywhere....I mean I still love it but I can't say that the constant crowds doesn't get to me. And at Disney Springs...man...THAT was ridiculous. I have to say that really was a case of crowds reducing the enjoyment...because I would have seriously spent more money and shopped more if there weren't just an obscene amount of people everywhere and it was frustrating just to move from one store to the next. The parks, you kind of expect that..but not at DS...sigh...

I am impressed that you did a live trip report! I barely could get our clothes out for the next day and get a shower without falling over!

Ha, thanks! I actually found that because I'm pretty hard core about my DD's bedtime at home...when are on vacation, even though I would have let her stay up later, she actually was tired pretty early..so most nights we did get in at a decent time. I used the computer time here on the DIS as my downtime before bed and it was fun recapping everything that we did that day. But yeah, I was exhausted and a couple times my DD was even, get off the computer because I can't sleep with you typing lol

Just caught up on everything! Looks like you guys had a great time!

First...I know what you have been waiting to hear about!! The surprise lol!! It was the best!! We were in a cab on the way to the airport, and I even lied to the cab driver...it was kind of funny!! And he was all, "Washington, that's great! and what will you do there?" and DD was listing off some things that we had talked about lol. I almost couldn't contain myself.

Then we get to the airport, and I know that I couldn't keep it from her through customs. We have nexus cards (a preferred traveller program with Canada and the US) that allows us to go through customs in a special quicker area...but there is a lady that checks to make sure you have a nexus card before letting you in there. So as I was handing her our cards, I also passed her a piece of paper and said "give this to my daughter". At first she was puzzled but then she read it and her face lit up because she helped to share the surprise!! She handed the piece of paper over and it said "Surprise! We are going to Disney World" !!! And she was all "what??? Really?????" And huge smile and jumping up and down and big hugs! A little crowd had formed around us by this point and even the serious business people who usually go through nexus were all happy. It was awesome!! So then we wanted to ask about all the plans and where we were staying and all that and I had to hustle her through customs and security saying "I'll tell you all as soon as we get to our gate".. It was a pretty cool surprise!!

This is great! I'm so glad the surprise worked out well! I always have a problem when I need to surprise something with something, I end up just giving them hints. It's terrible. :rotfl:

Loved all the pictures.

I always have a problem when I need to surprise something with something, I end up just giving them hints. It's terrible. :rotfl:

Loved all the pictures.

Thanks!! The surprise was indeed a lot of fun. Though I'm not sure she will believe me next time we tell her we are going somewhere lol

Hi @KathyM2, I just wanted to let you know that I was here and read through your trip report. I discovered trip reports not long ago and I've recently made an effort to start reading more reports. I came across yours and I enjoyed sharing in your experience. I always like finding reports from fellow Canadians, too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter