Official 2016 5th Anniversary Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

I'm in for the 1/2....legacy.
I will be signing up next week with the AP sign ups for the 1/2 only. I have no desire to do the PDC again.
MUST keep my Perfect Pixie Status going until I need to retire my wings. :tink:

Alright Pixies. Tomorrow I am going on a MUCH needed vacation, which includes a cruise - Disney, of course (and a Castaway Cay 5K, assuming we do dock at Castaway). That means no internet access, so if anyone new joins during that time rest assured that I will add you to the first post when I return!

:tinker:

Byeeeeeeeeeeee :teeth:

And good luck to all of you APs and DVC members who will be registering next week! :wizard:

Alright Pixies. Tomorrow I am going on a MUCH needed vacation, which includes a cruise - Disney, of course (and a Castaway Cay 5K, assuming we do dock at Castaway). That means no internet access, so if anyone new joins during that time rest assured that I will add you to the first post when I return!

Have fun on your cruise!!! And good luck on Castway! :cheer2:

Have fun !!!!!! Bon Voyage!!!

So I went out with my runcation crew last night and got them all liquored up to get them in an agreeable mood to say yes to a Tink Weekend. And was shot down :charac2:Now I don't know what to do. Go by myself? Get new friends?!

Have a great trip, @Ariel484 !

So I went out with my runcation crew last night and got them all liquored up to get them in an agreeable mood to say yes to a Tink Weekend. And was shot down :charac2:Now I don't know what to do. Go by myself? Get new friends?!

You can totally go by yourself - you'll make new friends there!
Or you can keep badgering your current crew until they give in and say yes...

Hey all! I have a question for those of you who have run Tink before. I am running the WDW Half and looking to run either Tink or Disneyland for my first C2C. What would you do? I haven't run any of the runs out in Cali yet. I ran Princess in Feb, am running W&D in Nov, and WDW in Jan! What can I say, I caught the fever!

Run it alone! I did Star Wars and Princess by myself this year and had the best time! Listened to my music, made character stops, did what I wanted!

Go by yourself !!!! DL is easy do vs WDW. You can get a hotel around the resort and have a easy walk to the start. Tink is such a great "girls" race and last year we had a meet up and we plan to have another meet up again. By the time the race comes around if you are active on the message board...you will feel like you know and have other Tink friends that are running. Definitely, don't pass up a chance to do it.

Hey all! I have a question for those of you who have run Tink before. I am running the WDW Half and looking to run either Tink or Disneyland for my first C2C. What would you do? I haven't run any of the runs out in Cali yet. I ran Princess in Feb, am running W&D in Nov, and WDW in Jan! What can I say, I caught the fever!

You can't go wrong with either race. Tink is more catered to girls and DL is just fun in dreadfully hot weather. Either way you can't loose since your at DL.

Second what everybody else has said... Go by yourself! I've done it a few times and met up w/ people either through here or fb groups and have had a blast. And sometimes it works better for you b/c if you want to take it slow or rest for a bit, you don't feel guilty leaving your friends.

Like Vicki mentioned, you can't go wrong either way. Tink has more park time for the course, if you count the 1st mile around the outside the back of DL, you don't leave the resort area until mile 6. The course also takes you through downtown Anaheim. DL takes you through more industrial Anaheim, but you get to go on the trail a bit and run through Angels Stadium which is fun. A few other things to consider are that Tink is an anniversary year, being the 5th and DL will have a new medal b/c that anniversary is this year. Also travel ~ for DL you have that built in vacation day on Monday w/ Labor Day and Tink is during Mother's Day w/ no days off.

Park wise, during DL HM is always closed that weekend b/c they're doing the Nightmare Before Xmas overlay and Tink I think everything should be open. A few rides were down this year, but they were doing renovations on them for the 60th celebration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter