Official 2016 5th Anniversary Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

That sucks! I hate to think that someone would do that and at the happiest place on earth no less! If it makes you feel any better you weren't the only phone with phone troubles. My friend's fell out of her pocket while she was getting off of indie and slipped into the crack between the car and the area you get off at. It fell under the wheel and had to be run over before it could be retrieved.

Oh wow! Yea that sucks too! i hope she had insurance on her phone! I'm so glad I did. My replacement should be here tomorrow.

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts on the race weekend. We just arrived home in Florida after a long day of travel and I have many thoughts that I'm hoping to provide in great detail (I've started a trip report in case anyone's interested, link in signature) but in general I was really impressed! Tink isn't one of my favorite characters and I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I thought that this race weekend was the most laid-back and encouraging (race cheaters notwithstanding) runDisney race weekend I've participated in so far. Very pleasantly surprised! Though, to be fair, I was in B for the 10K and C for the half, so YMMV. Looking forward to more thoughts, photos, and discussion to come! :)

I didn't bother to check the results until today and just found out I PR'd! By about 8 minutes, which is exciting since I stopped for pictures. I will say I was a little disappointed with the characters during the race - especially since they were almost exactly the same for the 10k and the half.

I had to do emergency bib pick-up Saturday morning and no one seemed to be able to steer me in the right direction. I think I walked about 3 miles before the race even started. And then I forgot my bib when I went to the expo to pickup my shirts. Oops! But the people at race relations were great and ended up giving me a tag so I didn't have to walk back to my hotel. (I may have made it sound like the hotel was a lot farther away than it actually was. :oops:)

Overall I thought it was a pretty good race. Even though there were less characters on the course than at Princess, I love that the 10k course is almost entirely in the parks, and I really like the half course through Anaheim. The red hat ladies did not disappoint! Also, to the person giving out donut holes - I love you. I'm not sure I would do Tink again (not a fan of the character), but I'm definitely thinking about DDD for 2017.

Just home and it is late...I want to go back and read the last days posts

Plugged in my Nike sports watch..not sure what you all are getting but mine says 13.05 miles...no wonder I PR'ed
Wonder what kind of miles you all are getting?

More later gotta go to bed

Last edited:
@bananabean my friend had the same issue with emergency bib pick-up she said she was sent back and forth three times at least.

I had 6.29 for the 10k but I didn't use auto-pause on that race. On the 1/2 I had 13.11 but I did have auto-pause on for that.

Plugged in my Nike sports watch..not sure what you all are getting but mine says 13.05 miles...now wonder I PR'ed

I had 6.05 miles for the 10K, but my RunKeeper app was acting buggy at the beginning of the race - said I was running a 21-minute pace for at least the first mile, ummmm, I'm not that slow! For the half, I had 13.5 miles, but I stopped at a few photo spots, so that's bound to happen.

Plugged in my Nike sports watch..not sure what you all are getting but mine says 13.05 miles...no wonder I PR'ed

My Garmin had me at 13.37 for the half

I like photopass better than marathonphoto as well. But didn't marathonphoto have a video where they would put the segment where you crossed the finish line? Kind of wish photopass has that or do something where they create a video of you crossing the finish line like they do with the videos at walt disney world for the 7dwarfs ride and tower of terror.

Last edited:

Congrats on the PR! I got 13.1 on my garmin exactly.

I like photopass better than marathonphoto as well. But didn't marathonphoto have a video where they would put the segment where you crossed the finish line? Kind of wish photopass has that or do something like they create a video of you crossing the finish line like they do with the videos at walt disney world for the 7dwarfs ride and tower of terror.

I didn't know marathonphoto does a video like that! Too bad, but at least the photos are nice!

I like photopass better than marathonphoto as well. But didn't marathonphoto have a video where they would put the segment where you crossed the finish line? Kind of wish photopass has that or do something where they create a video of you crossing the finish line like they do with the videos at walt disney world for the 7dwarfs ride and tower of terror.

Yea I think they did do a video like that. That is one thing I do miss. I would have liked to have seen it this time but I'll take the better on course pics over the finish line video.

I got 13.4 on my Garmin, 13.5 on mapmyrun, and 13.9 on runkeeper- which I realize now by looking at it I apparently thought I'd stopped but didn't until much later.

tinkerbell2016.jpg

Although I have 93 Photopass pictures and many of them very good, my daughter captured the photo I really wanted.
We had a fun trip to DL. I arrived Friday late afternoon and checked into the Portofino Inn and walked to get some food for the next few days. Saturday I awoke early...still on east coast time...and saw it was raining on the 10k :sad1:. I laid in bed a while resting until the expo opened. It was much smaller than the WDW expos and the packet pickup was very quiet. I didn't purchase anything. I really wanted a CTC shirt, but I did not like the black shirt so I passed on it. Next I stopped for a salad and my daughter text to say she had arrived at LAX and was on the way (we used Super Shuttle..mixed review, but it worked) and she was hungry. We ate a late lunch at The Cheesecake Factory and then pool time! I had a slight headache all day and was worried about the next morning. As we were on east coast time getting to bed early wasn't a problem. I set my alarm for 4am...that was nice as at WDW I would be on a bus around 3:30am.:)
I woke around 3:30 and did some business in the bathroom (TMI) and felt much better, headache gone, time to eat and dress. I walked to the start and there were plenty of others walking too. It seemed very quite compared to WDW, but I chatted up a girl who then left me at corral c and on to "A" I went. Finally found some one to talk to, as there wasn't much going on..much less than WDW...no big deal. The start just sort of happened..no fireworks, I guess being so close to neighborhoods, unlike WDW, they try and be a little quieter and more considerate of others. I don't remember much of the race, really no characters I wanted pics with, I spent a lot of time in my head, I wish I had music, but I haven't run with it at other Disney races so I didn't bring any. The weather was pretty good, the course interesting, and the water stop people very good. So I finished with a PR.
Next, a triple espresso! And my daughter had booked massages at 9am..super treat! We spent some time in the Disneyland Park and had dinner at Carnation Cafe. We got to spend two more days in the parks. I thought that they were crowded, but we went without a plan...just to do whatever we came to and felt like and so were happy with our plan.
Glad I went...I signed up in March so this wasn't something that was in the works very long. DD is four months pregnant so it was a fun trip for the two of us before her first child, my first grandchild is born.
That's my quick report :flower:

One more thing..
At packet pickup they put a pink band and a black band on me for the CTC.
After the run they gave me a pink CTC medal and the blue CTC medal. I really only needed the pink and I think I will give the blue to a charity.
But why both??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter