"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is probably a silly question, but do the hard ticket events have the same ticket rules as normal park tickets? Meaning, will I have to purchase a child ticket for my DD who will be only a year old and free in the parks?

This is probably a silly question, but do the hard ticket events have the same ticket rules as normal park tickets? Meaning, will I have to purchase a child ticket for my DD who will be only a year old and free in the parks?

I've never brought a child to the parks, but since the ticket prices are broken down by adult and then child 3 to 9, I would assume that a 1 year old gets in free. Anyone out there had experience with this?

Thanks! I'm still on the fence about going to a party, it all depends on how the costume rule goes.

We had a lot of fun last year (so much so that we are going back again this year), but we also didn't go into it thinking we would be able to do everything that was offered and we expected it to be more crowded than past years parties. It was more crowded than the two MVMCP we attended in the past, but at least for me the parade and fireworks made it worth it..as well as just the fun of being dressed up and trick-or-treating at Disney, so I can see why you might rethink it if adults can't dress up. Most of the time my costume is more like Disney-bounding (i.e. could pass for regular clothes), so I'm not as worried about that :) We had great views of the fireworks and the parade and virtually walked on all the rides. We only met a few of the special characters though (the Hag from Snow White and Lotso from Toy Story), so we didn't spend our night waiting in some of the really long character lines.

We had a lot of fun last year (so much so that we are going back again this year), but we also didn't go into it thinking we would be able to do everything that was offered and we expected it to be more crowded than past years parties. It was more crowded than the two MVMCP we attended in the past, but at least for me the parade and fireworks made it worth it..as well as just the fun of being dressed up and trick-or-treating at Disney, so I can see why you might rethink it if adults can't dress up. Most of the time my costume is more like Disney-bounding (i.e. could pass for regular clothes), so I'm not as worried about that :) We had great views of the fireworks and the parade and virtually walked on all the rides. We only met a few of the special characters though (the Hag from Snow White and Lotso from Toy Story), so we didn't spend our night waiting in some of the really long character lines.

The last party I attended was in 2009, so I hardly remember it all. We will probably have to think it over but it sounds like a good time! Money isn't much of an issue, it's more of will my DD enjoy it.

That's what tax refund money is for, right?? :-x

We did this in 2011 and it was a blast. I am trying to convince my husband to take the kids out of school for a few days in October (They already get three days off.) to do this and Food & Wine.

We did this in 2011 and it was a blast. I am trying to convince my husband to take the kids out of school for a few days in October (They already get three days off.) to do this and Food & Wine.

That's what we are doing! We get two days off in October so that is the week we are going to go :)

Thanks! I'm still on the fence about going to a party, it all depends on how the costume rule goes.

We took our 2 year old and we didn't have to pay for her ticket, but she was so tired by the first parade that she was falling asleep during the parade. It drizzled some that night and she was wet and cold and tired so DH took her back to the resort at 8:30. We had arrived at 4 so she still got to do several things, but I'm not sure we got the value out of DH's ticket. If you think your toddler will stay up late or that he or she will sleep in a stroller it might be worth bringing him or her. Depends on what you want out of the party and depends on your family.

We took our 2 year old and we didn't have to pay for her ticket, but she was so tired by the first parade that she was falling asleep during the parade. It drizzled some that night and she was wet and cold and tired so DH took her back to the resort at 8:30. We had arrived at 4 so she still got to do several things, but I'm not sure we got the value out of DH's ticket. If you think your toddler will stay up late or that he or she will sleep in a stroller it might be worth bringing him or her. Depends on what you want out of the party and depends on your family.
We brought our 2yo DD last year and she was passed out by 9 pm. Luckily we went closer to the end of the trip so she had cumulative exhaustion, so she slept. We didn't leave the park till after 1130pm.

ETA: If we had gone earlier in the trip, we would of cut it short and gone back just like your DH did. You just never know with little ones!

The most current information we have is that only children under 14 will be allowed to wear full costumes. I would adjust that as we all hope for a change to that policy.
Oh my goodness, would be devastating not to dress up for MNSSHP. We have been planning our costume for months and coming all the way from New Zealand means we may not be able to experience it again for sometime...

Will hold thumbs that the policy changes and will go ahead with planning of the costumes...

Living in hope!

Considering our second ever park visit on Halloween Night. How big are the crowds for MNSSHP? Is it worth it for younger kids (7 year old girl and 4 year old boy)? How crowded is it? Our first visit was mid-May in 2015 and crowds were light.

Considering our second ever park visit on Halloween Night. How big are the crowds for MNSSHP? Is it worth it for younger kids (7 year old girl and 4 year old boy)? How crowded is it? Our first visit was mid-May in 2015 and crowds were light.

It can be really unpredictable. Typically September parties are slower than October, and Tuesdays/Sundays are slower than Thursdays, but after our experience last year, I'm not making any more assumptions. We went to a Sunday night party in late September, almost the exact same date we attended in 2014... but the crowds were insane. SO much worse than the year before. We were really disappointed in how it was all handled - we felt like they must have increased the cap on the number of "limited" party tickets they sold.

We won't be attending the party this year, mostly because we had to alter our dates to late Spring in order for extended family to join us, but even had we gone without them, I'm not sure if we would have chosen to go to the party. Which is a shame because I LOVE MNSSHP. When done right, it's hands down the best special event that Disney holds. But until they get a handle on crowd control, I think we will be sitting it out.

I went on Halloween last year and thought it was busy, then went on oct 3rd(?) this year and it felt like it was even busier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter