Official AK Moonlight Magic Discussion

I can confirm it was 5pm as we had picked up our wristbands this afternoon and the CM at the AK window said 5 after I asked if it was 6pm. We went back to our room, got a few things and after no wait were walking towards Discovery Island at 5:10pm. It was glorious to not have to wait in the wristband line with others.

Just curious how much advanced notice you had about the MM starting at 5pm yesterday? We are going on the 22nd so am curious if you received an email that it would start at 5 or if it was just luck and you were informed by a CM when you arrived at the park? Thanks!!

Just curious how much advanced notice you had about the MM starting at 5pm yesterday? We are going on the 22nd so am curious if you received an email that it would start at 5 or if it was just luck and you were informed by a CM when you arrived at the park? Thanks!!

We picked up our tickets at 3:45 at the front gate. There was no announcement anywhere. The only reason I knew was because I asked 6pm right? The CM who gave me our wristband kinda whispered no, 5pm. I’m wondering if it was a traffic flow issue last time or something. We walked right in the gate without waiting a second at 5:10, right after security. The wristband distribution nearby was about 40 people deep.

We went last night. Spent the day there, checked in at dawa bar at 6. It's not actually at dawa bar. Check-in was under overhang of tusker house, on the festival of Lion King side. We were coming from rafikis planet watch, so didn't see the dvc balloon right away. Used our vouchers at satuli canteen around 6:30. No wait. Tasty food. Checked out moonlight magic dvc merch around 7ish at island merchantile but didn't buy any. Family isn't into thrill rides, and wait times high before park closed. Just kind of hung around for a while. Went on triceratops spin, then saw evening safari wait time finally down to 40 minutes from 90. By the time we got there at 8:30, wait was 20 minutes... actual was 13. Got off ride, into line waiting for ice cream to open at 9:30. Got 4 Mickey bars, then walked to Pocahontas and meeko meet and greet. Waited 30+ minutes. Was 10:08 when we got out. Walked to 10:30 rivers of light show. Watched that, then left park. DD19 had an upset stomach, and the humidity was getting to us all. I caught a cold 2 days ago and felt crappy, so I was done as well. Wish there were more a/c attractions at animal kingdom or that they would do a couple Nemo shows during moonlight magic

Looking at app during event, wait times for FOP were 55, Navi 20-30, dinosaur 10, Everest 10-20.

Did have a good time overall, just not enough for us to do there during event...or between dinner and event as the shows end by 6, rafikis planet watch closes at 5, etc.

We thought there was plenty to do - yes there was definitely a lack of shows - but we also were traveling without any other ticket media this trip so everything was a bonus.

We arrived at 5:10 and rode the Safari (said 70 was 25), Kali (said 60 was 35), and Everest (said 50 was 30), before eating dinner at Satuli then going on FOP (said 35 was 45), eating our Mickey Bars, then riding Dinosaur, Triceratop Spin, Everest again with virtually no waits. We ended the night at Dinoland with the dance party and free games.

We may have done the Carl, Russell and Dug M&G but that line stayed long every time we passed it. My family isn’t really a meet and greet family except here and there.

We had a super time!

They sent an email

Because you registered for Disney Vacation Club® Moonlight Magic at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, we have been roarin’ to tell you important information, before you get ready to party. We’ve got an exciting night ready for you – featuring favorite Disney Characters, a DJ dance party, shorter-than-usual attraction wait times and more!

(Please note: Kilimanjaro Safaris will close at 10:00 PM as they are not party animals, and some of the Park's other most popular attractions may close early, pending capacity, so please plan accordingly.)

Here’s everything you need to know:

Event Date: Thursday, August 8, 2019

Event Time: 9:30 PM - 12:00 AM. Members and Special Guests may enter the Park as early as 6:00 PM to get a head start on the fun.

Check-In: Members can check-in at the following locations (Valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID are required):
Early Main Entrance Check-In: Vacation Planning Booth, open from 12:00 pm- 6:00 PM
Please note: Valid theme park admission is required to enter Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park prior to 6:00 PM
Disney Vacation Club Resort Lobbies: Beginning no earlier than 6:00 PM
Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park Main Entrance: Beginning at 6:00 PM
In-park check-in location at Dawa Bar beginning at 6:00 PM
Don’t forget to pick up a Moonlight Magic edition of the park map for important event information.

Food & Beverage:
When you check-in, be sure to pick up your complimentary meal voucher. Each complimentary meal consists of one (1) entrée and one (1) fountain beverage.
Vouchers may be redeemed at Flame Tree Barbecue (until 11:30 PM) Pizzafari, Restaurantosaurus, Satu’li Canteen (until midnight).
Meal vouchers cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Please reference the voucher for other important details.
Insider Tip! You can use your voucher at participating locations as soon as you receive it. Eat earlier to avoid the rush!
Transportation & Parking:
Complimentary parking is available at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park for Members and Special Guests on the event date beginning at 5:30 PM.
Members must show their Disney Vacation Club Membership Card at the auto plaza to receive complimentary parking.
Complimentary bus transportation is available before, during and after the event between Disney’s Animal Kingdom® and Walt Disney World Resort hotels.
Parking trams will run until 1:30 AM.
Event Merchandise:
Event exclusive merchandise will be available for purchase at Island Mercantile (at 2:00 PM) and during the party at Windtraders, Serka Zong Bazaar, and Dino Institute.
Event exclusive merchandise will only be sold to those who have checked in and are wearing the event wristband.
As a courtesy to other Members, if you need to cancel your reservation or reduce your party size, please do so at least 48 hours prior to the event by following the link in your original event confirmation email. Doing so will help Disney Vacation Club accommodate other Members and their Special Guests interested in attending this reservation-required event, walk-ins will not be permitted.

Offer is non-transferable and cannot be sold. At least one valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card with photo ID will be required for this experience. Member listed on the Membership Card must be in attendance. This is a rain-or-shine event; some experiences may be cancelled due to inclement weather. Activities and offerings are subject to change without notice.

Complimentary admission to the after-hours party at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park is valid for the duration of the event, which begins at 9:30 PM. If you wish to enter Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park before 6:00 PM, valid Theme Park admission is required. Complimentary parking at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park will be available beginning at 5:30 PM. FastPass+ selections may only be reserved using valid theme park admission linked to a My Disney Experience account. Theme Park admission must be used at the Main Entrance touch points for FastPass+ selections to be valid.
Please do not reply to this email as this address is not monitored. If you wish to contact us, click here for additional information.

This email is from:

Could anybody who has attended one of the parties please let me know whether Kali is open for the duration of the party? It’s my mom’s absolute favourite ride, lol. We looped around without getting off a few years ago when they first did the party and she is hopping to recreate the experience ;).

We attended this past Thursday. Just a bit of information to pass on to everyone that has a reservation and picking up your wristbands etc..I never received any emails with a confirmation after I booked the Day Moonlight Magic opened online for reservations. Just got the confirmation at the end when I booked. Anyway, I called member services to confirm that we indeed had tickets. The women that I spoke with confirmed that we had reservations. I told her that I never received an email confirmation after I booked, so I had nothing to give when I checked in. She said that my DVC membership card and photo i.d. would be sufficient. The reservation was made under my husband’s name but I was the one who had the membership card (the physical card) and i.d. when checking in. Member services said that it would not matter as my husband and I both are members. Well, the lady checking us in told me that since it was under my husband’s name, he needed to be the one checking in to pick up the wristbands etc..She wouldn’t budge so I had to get my husband to come down from the room with his photo i.d. and since he didn’t bring his actual membership card, it’s a good thing that he was able to pull one up on his phone. We checked in at our resort so I don’t know if it was the same everywhere else or she was just being a real stickler. Just wanted to pass this along to everyone to make sure the member’s name the reservation is under has their dvc membership card on them or has access to the digital one. We had a great time at the event. It was a lot more manageable doing Animal Kingdom at night. We had been there earlier in the day and it was very hot! It always seems hotter in this park to me. Even in August! 🥵

Could anybody who has attended one of the parties please let me know whether Kali is open for the duration of the party? It’s my mom’s absolute favourite ride, lol. We looped around without getting off a few years ago when they first did the party and she is hopping to recreate the experience ;).
Kali closes an hour before park closing. On 8/8, it closed at 8PM, park closed at 9PM.

We had a great time. However, I was disappointed at the wait times for FOP. When we tried to go right at 9:30, the wait time was 155 minutes. The cast member told us that they allow all those from the regular day crowd to stay in line if they were in line when the park closed. However, with the event only being 2 1/2 hours long, it created a long line throughout the event. When the wait got "down" to 55 minutes around 11pm, we got in line. It is a shame that they cannot figure out a better way to do this (like close the regular day visit line an hour early or so if the wait exceeds an hour).

We attended this past Thursday. Just a bit of information to pass on to everyone that has a reservation and picking up your wristbands etc..I never received any emails with a confirmation after I booked the Day Moonlight Magic opened online for reservations. Just got the confirmation at the end when I booked. Anyway, I called member services to confirm that we indeed had tickets. The women that I spoke with confirmed that we had reservations. I told her that I never received an email confirmation after I booked, so I had nothing to give when I checked in. She said that my DVC membership card and photo i.d. would be sufficient. The reservation was made under my husband’s name but I was the one who had the membership card (the physical card) and i.d. when checking in. Member services said that it would not matter as my husband and I both are members. Well, the lady checking us in told me that since it was under my husband’s name, he needed to be the one checking in to pick up the wristbands etc..She wouldn’t budge so I had to get my husband to come down from the room with his photo i.d. and since he didn’t bring his actual membership card, it’s a good thing that he was able to pull one up on his phone. We checked in at our resort so I don’t know if it was the same everywhere else or she was just being a real stickler. Just wanted to pass this along to everyone to make sure the member’s name the reservation is under has their dvc membership card on them or has access to the digital one. We had a great time at the event. It was a lot more manageable doing Animal Kingdom at night. We had been there earlier in the day and it was very hot! It always seems hotter in this park to me. Even in August! 🥵
I put in an alternate check in name when I registered with my name since the lead on our dvc contract wasn’t going to be there. I would recommend doing that next time so either of you could check in.

We had a great time. However, I was disappointed at the wait times for FOP. When we tried to go right at 9:30, the wait time was 155 minutes. The cast member told us that they allow all those from the regular day crowd to stay in line if they were in line when the park closed. However, with the event only being 2 1/2 hours long, it created a long line throughout the event. When the wait got "down" to 55 minutes around 11pm, we got in line. It is a shame that they cannot figure out a better way to do this (like close the regular day visit line an hour early or so if the wait exceeds an hour).
Whoa.... are you suggesting they not let the paying guest on the attraction in order to make the line shorter for those who did not pay??

Whoa.... are you suggesting they not let the paying guest on the attraction in order to make the line shorter for those who did not pay??

On the day of the Dreams Unlimited party, AK closing time was 10:00 pm, and the Dreams Unlimited party started at 11:00 pm. At the entrance to the park, and at the entrances to Pandora, there were signs that said Pandora would be closing at 9:30 pm that evening. So Disney did close it down early, so that the party guests would not be impacted (and those day guests would have time to leave the park).

On the day of the Dreams Unlimited party, AK closing time was 10:00 pm, and the Dreams Unlimited party started at 11:00 pm. At the entrance to the park, and at the entrances to Pandora, there were signs that said Pandora would be closing at 9:30 pm that evening. So Disney did close it down early, so that the party guests would not be impacted (and those day guests would have time to leave the park).
While that may happen, it doesn’t make it right.

Only real disappointment was Satuli. The lines around 7pm were horribly long... fine. But the food was abysmal. Tiny portions of noodles, chicken was just gross and fatty. Beef wasn't any better. I was excited to finally eat there for the first time and I won't go again - I hope it was because the lines were so long and they couldn't keep up, or something. Oh, and when I asked for bottled water instead of a fountain drink with my meal, they said no.

Went in with rather low expectations - it was free after all. Had a nice night. Would have liked Kali or a show to be open though.

Just got the email for 8/22! It should be the same as the other two events, but here it is anyway:

Because you registered for Disney Vacation Club® Moonlight Magic at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, we have been roarin’ to tell you important information, before you get ready to party. We’ve got an exciting night ready for you – featuring favorite Disney Characters, a DJ dance party, shorter-than-usual attraction wait times and more!

(Please note: Kilimanjaro Safaris will close at 10:00 PM as they are not party animals, and some of the Park's other most popular attractions may close early, pending capacity, so please plan accordingly.)

Event Date: Thursday, August 22, 2019

Event Time: 9:30 PM - 12:00 AM. Members and Special Guests may enter the Park as early as 6:00 PM to get a head start on the fun.

Check-In: Members can check-in at the following locations (Valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID are required):
  • Early Main Entrance Check-In: Vacation Planning Booth, open from 12:00 pm- 6:00 PM
  • Please note: Valid theme park admission is required to enter Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park prior to 6:00 PM
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park Main Entrance: Beginning at 6:00 PM
  • In-park check-in location at Dawa Bar beginning at 6:00 PM
Don’t forget to pick up a Moonlight Magic edition of the park map for important event information.

Food & Beverage:
  • When you check-in, be sure to pick up your complimentary meal voucher. Each complimentary meal consists of one (1) entrée and one (1) fountain beverage.
  • Vouchers may be redeemed at Flame Tree Barbecue (until 11:30 PM) Pizzafari, Restaurantosaurus, Satu’li Canteen (until midnight).
  • Meal vouchers cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Please reference the voucher for other important details.
  • Insider Tip! You can use your voucher at participating locations as soon as you receive it. Eat earlier to avoid the rush!
  • Complimentary parking is available at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park for Members and Special Guests on the event date beginning at 5:30 PM.
  • Members must show their Disney Vacation Club Membership Card at the auto plaza to receive complimentary parking.
  • Complimentary bus transportation is available before, during and after the event between Disney’s Animal Kingdom® and Walt Disney World Resort hotels.
  • Parking trams will run until 1:30 AM.
Event Merchandise:
  • Event exclusive merchandise will be available for purchase at Island Mercantile (at 2:00 PM) and during the party at Windtraders, Serka Zong Bazaar, and Dino Institute.
  • Event exclusive merchandise will only be sold to those who have checked in and are wearing the event wristband.
As a courtesy to other Members, if you need to cancel your reservation or reduce your party size, please do so at least 48 hours prior to the event by following the link in your original event confirmation email. Doing so will help Disney Vacation Clubaccommodate other Members and their Special Guests interested in attending this reservation-required event, walk-ins will not be permitted.

Offer is non-transferable and cannot be sold. At least one valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card with photo ID will be required for this experience. Member listed on the Membership Card must be in attendance. This is a rain-or-shine event; some experiences may be cancelled due to inclement weather. Activities and offerings are subject to change without notice.

Complimentary admission to the after-hours party at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park is valid for the duration of the event, which begins at 9:30 PM. If you wish to enter Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park before 6:00 PM, valid Theme Park admission is required. Complimentary parking at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park will be available beginning at 5:30 PM. FastPass+ selections may only be reserved using valid theme park admission linked to a My Disney Experience account. Theme Park admission must be used at the Main Entrance touch points for FastPass+ selections to be valid.

Just got the email for 8/22! It should be the same as the other two events, but here it is anyway:

Event Date: Thursday, August 22, 2019

• Early Main Entrance Check-In: Vacation Planning Booth, open from 12:00 pm- 6:00 PM
  • Please note: Valid theme park admission is required to enter Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park prior to 6:00 PM
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park Main Entrance: Beginning at 6:00 PM
  • In-park check-in location at Dawa Bar beginning at 6:00 PM

Food & Beverage:
  • When you check-in, be sure to pick up your complimentary meal voucher. Each complimentary meal consists of one (1) entrée and one (1) fountain beverage.
  • Vouchers may be redeemed at Flame Tree Barbecue (until 11:30 PM) Pizzafari, Restaurantosaurus, Satu’li Canteen (until midnight).
  • Meal vouchers cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Please reference the voucher for other important details.
  • Insider Tip! You can use your voucher at participating locations as soon as you receive it. Eat earlier to avoid the rush!
  • Complimentary parking is available at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park for Members and Special Guests on the event date beginning at 5:30 PM.
  • Members must show their Disney Vacation Club Membership Card at the auto plaza to receive complimentary parking.
  • Complimentary bus transportation is available before, during and after the event between Disney’s Animal Kingdom® and Walt Disney World Resort hotels.
  • Parking trams will run until 1:30 AM.
Event Merchandise:
  • Event exclusive merchandise will be available for purchase at Island Mercantile (at 2:00 PM) and during the party at Windtraders, Serka Zong Bazaar, and Dino Institute.
  • Event exclusive merchandise will only be sold to those who have checked in and are wearing the event wristband.
As a courtesy to other Members, if you need to cancel your reservation or reduce your party size, please do so at least 48 hours prior to the event by following the link in your original event confirmation email. Doing so will help Disney Vacation Clubaccommodate other Members and their Special Guests interested in attending this reservation-required event, walk-ins will not be permitted.

Didn’t get my email yet hummm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter