• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Avengers Half Marathon Weekend 2015 Thread

Rumor has it that there is no 10k pin at expo. I'm hoping they just forgot to bring it out, but some people are saying they sold out during preorder. So if anyone has an extra 10k pin, can you sell it to me?

I was in the merchandise area at 10:15 this morning and there were no 10k or Challenge pins. The only ones they had were the half, half medal pin (tons of this one), 5k, and coast to coast.

I was in the merchandise area at 10:15 this morning and there were no 10k or Challenge pins. The only ones they had were the half, half medal pin (tons of this one), 5k, and coast to coast.

Man I must have gotten one of the small amount of IGC pins they had because I was there around 9:20-9:40 and got mine. No 10k pin though.

We got there around 630pm tonight and all of the "See You At the Finishline" jackets were sold out.

So bummed. It looked great. Opted to skip the Hulk tanktop - found a much cuter running shirt (mermaid) at the bamboo shirt stand.

We got there around 630pm tonight and all of the "See You At the Finishline" jackets were sold out.

So bummed. It looked great. Opted to skip the Hulk tanktop - found a much cuter running shirt (mermaid) at the bamboo shirt stand.

I love the bamboo shirts. Softest running gear around.

Go back to the expo on the last day that it's open and see if there are any leftovers that you can buy. My BFF did this at the Disneyland Half - didn't pre-order the jacket but was able to snag one on the last day. :)

Yes, we returned our pre-ordered jackets because we weren't fans of the design. Saw a lot of merchandise going back on the racks that was quickly snatched up.

I really liked the "See You at the Finishline" graphic, but was disappointed to learn that it was a sweatshirt. And it fit very oddly. I really was looking forward to buying stuff, but was pretty disappointed with all the official merchandise. I ended up buying nothing.

Do they no longer make the ribbon medals for the 10k at all? I got there by noon on the first day of the Expo at the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon in September, and they didn't have a 10k ribbon medal either.

Did anyone do the 5k? Any word on add security/delays going to the start corrals?

I walked in from DTD and they just had tables with security guards checking bags. My first west coast race so can't speak to the past but it didn't seem any more intrusive or irritating than park bag check.

Just back to the hotel on Harbor. I did notice one additional set of security tables immediately prior to entering the bag check/stage area that I don't believe was there on previous runs.

Just wanted to say congratulations to those who ran this morning and good luck to those who run in the next two events!

For those who didn't do the 5K, the new security checks were really quick. I opted not to get there at 4am as recommended and got there at 4:30 instead. Walked right through, no line, no delay. Was all really efficient.

Finished the 5K race - posted my best time to date. I'm at around a 14.5 minute mile with a finish time of 44:47! :)

I managed to shave 3.5 minutes off my total time. Yeah! :woohoo:

mhdFGd5.jpg
VajeV2r.jpg

For those who didn't do the 5K, the new security checks were really quick. I opted not to get there at 4am as recommended and got there at 4:30 instead. Walked right through, no line, no delay. Was all really efficient.

What was the added check? I remember thinking last year not having my bag checked was so weird. At WDW races they check every bag and sports belt that goes into the runner/spectator area.

What was the added check? I remember thinking last year not having my bag checked was so weird. At WDW races they check every bag and sports belt that goes into the runner/spectator area.
Tink was my first race this year so I thought the way it was there was normal. :) We were staying at the Anabella on Katella right at the end of the corrals. I just walked across the street into the wide open back (since I was in the last corral with no PoT).

Congrats to all the 5K runners and good luck to the 10K and half people! :)

Tink was my first race this year so I thought the way it was there was normal. :) We were staying at the Anabella on Katella right at the end of the corrals. I just walked across the street into the wide open back (since I was in the last corral with no PoT).

Congrats to all the 5K runners and good luck to the 10K and half people! :)

So it sounds like it is just the standard bag check but they had never done that at DL races before.

I'm so sad I'm not at Avengers this year. I did the inaugural and I'm so jealous to the Captain America 10K.

It basically bought it in line with WDW races. Instead of just walking off the street and into your corral you instead go through security check and into a wait area with entertainment and wait to be told to go to your corral.

I really liked the "See You at the Finishline" graphic, but was disappointed to learn that it was a sweatshirt. And it fit very oddly. I really was looking forward to buying stuff, but was pretty disappointed with all the official merchandise. I ended up buying nothing.

Do they no longer make the ribbon medals for the 10k at all? I got there by noon on the first day of the Expo at the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon in September, and they didn't have a 10k ribbon medal either.

I've never been able to find ribbon medals for the 10ks; at least not the DL races. There are other 10k pins usually, but word on FB is that they sold out in pre-orders and never had stock at the expo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter