OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

How would you all suggest we plan our very first day in the parks? (Will be nov 27th) bare in mind we it's our very first trip to DL. Our kids are 16,14,10 & 1yrs.
What time should we get there? Where do we go first? Should we just work our way through each land? I have done so much planning but I'm still feeling overwhelmed and want to make the most of our time in the parks, especially since we've come so far to see it.

I can't even believe that the holiday rides were eliminated from the holiday tour! To me, being able to avoid lines and get on those rides, as well as get seats for the parade, would be the primary perks of the tour. It looks like even the cookie they included last year was different (it used to be the Mickey gingerbread cookie).

How would you all suggest we plan our very first day in the parks? (Will be nov 27th) bare in mind we it's our very first trip to DL. Our kids are 16,14,10 & 1yrs.
What time should we get there? Where do we go first? Should we just work our way through each land? I have done so much planning but I'm still feeling overwhelmed and want to make the most of our time in the parks, especially since we've come so far to see it.

That will be our first day in the parks too, the upside is that it is a weekday but it will still be a bit more crowded than Tuesday-Thursday. If you are there for rope drop you can make a go of getting into Fantasyland and hitting Peter Pan as the waits quickly build up for that one and stay long. But it kind of depends on which land appeals to your family as a whole. With the wee one along make sure you and your spouse do ride swap.

One option would be to get FPs for Indy and then do standby on Haunted Mansion or Big Thunder. We did a successful loop from HM to Big Thunder and then Indy in 2009 within a couple of hours!

You'll get lots of help on everything here. First questions...how long are you going for? And where are you staying?

You'll get lots of help on everything here. First questions...how long are you going for? And where are you staying?
We will be in Anaheim for 7days but we also plan on visiting knottsberry farm and San Diego zoo for two of those days.
We are staying at the Hyatt House, which looks really nice.

I'm going!party:Can I add you to the list of crazy people who are going for the holidays!

Malcon10T...Nov.9-12...

chttyangel...Nov.13-15...

nikerbokers...Nov.14-17...CCI

danceanddisney2010...Nov.16-20...GCH

DisneyJamieCA...Nov.19-25...

Bossy22...Nov.22-Dec20...

Malcon10T...Nov.22-26...

atisikitabasket...Nov.25-Dec.1...

lilsassymom...Nov.25-Dec.2...DH

Sparrow78...Nov.25-Dec.2...HoJo

disland7...Nov.26-Dec.1...GCV

mnmrmustard...Nov.26-Dec.1...Desert Palm Inn & Suites

Iwanthony...Nov.26-Dec.2...GCV

Rhebot...Nov.26-Dec.2...Hyatt House

catmegs..Nov.27-Dec.2...GCH

Disney Liz...Nov.28-Dec.4...GCV

Lolly&Rue...Nov.29-Dec.3...DLH

cinder-ellah...Nov.30-Dec.3...GCH

pattyduke34...DLH...Nov.30-Dec.5

JBF 1982.....Dec.1-3...BW Stovall's

Malcon10T...Dec.1-3...

mlnbabies...Dec.1-4...BWPPI

Malcolm10t...Dec.2-3...

siskaren...Dec.2-8...Hilton Anaheim

blondietink...Dec.2-8...Camelot Inn

Yusani...Dec.3-7...

NewbieMouse...Dec.4-8...BWPPI

Mickeybell...Dec.4-9...CCI

chirurgeon...Dec.4-10...BWPPI

farmfresh...Dec.6-

DizneeRailFan62...Dec.6-10...Hilton Anaheim

DL_Forever...Dec.6-13...GCV

Forcingmagnolia...Dec.7-9

MaleficentRN...Dec.11-15...GCH....celebrating her 50th bday

GenGen22...Dec.14-17...

Soccerluvinmama...Dec.17-19...

Disneymom20...Dec.17-28...

are you ready...Dec.19-21...

Susie63...Dec.20-23 & Dec. 30-Jan.4...CCI... celebrating DH 50 & DD Sweet 16❤

Pyrotechnictigger...Dec.21-Jan.2...Hilton Anaheim

SDSUMom...Dec.22-29...

Canadian Harmony...Dec.23-30..DI&S

Mickey&JoshNut...Dec.24-27...PPH

PoohsFan1...Dec.24-Jan.1...PPH

jeepnjudy...Dec.26-Jan.2

MontanaFmly...Dec.29-Jan.1

ParkHopper1...Dec.30-Jan.1...Courtyard Anaheim
Woot woot! Going Nov 18-23 ☺️

I'm not sure I ever asked to officially be added!

Our much anticipated family holiday trip will be December 16-19 at GCH!!

We have (prepaid ...no backing out now!) reservations for Breakfast with Santa at the Catal restaurant! My kids, ages 6 & 9, are going to have such a magical time!

we are contemplating an early december trip since halloween party prices have gotten so high they have priced us out, we were lucky last year to attend two parties!
our last holiday season trip was 2014 when our son turned 5, we are trying to plan it so this would double as a birthday trip as well
watching airfare prices so see if we can really do this......

We will be there Dec. 4-9 for our first wedding anniversary! We are Disney World veterans, but have never been to Disney (World or Land) during the holiday season... so this will very special!

I think we are going to have our anniversary dinner at Napa Rose, but are there any romantic holiday experiences we should plan for?

We will be there Dec. 4-9 for our first wedding anniversary! We are Disney World veterans, but have never been to Disney (World or Land) during the holiday season... so this will very special!

I think we are going to have our anniversary dinner at Napa Rose, but are there any romantic holiday experiences we should plan for?

We had our 20th wedding anniversary dinner at Steakhouse 45 and it was wonderful. I don't know about and specific romantic holiday experiences other than just being in the park. It's a small world has a beautiful holiday overlay that can' be missed. We loved just being together and doing what "we" (mainly me) wanted to do. We found a photo pass photographer that took lots of time to take anniversary photos like in my picture.

Right. $79, plus tax and tip. And the no AP discount last year surprised me, as we had always been allowed the discount.
Reading through this thread to plan our T-day at DLR and am having sticker shock! I felt prepared because it is Disney, but over $100 per person :( Any other good options in the area? Mrs Knott's or even the chicken and waffles place on Harbor?

I think that, festivity-wise, we at least know that the Candlelight Processional will take place on the first full weekend of December. That's a given.

We know Festival of Holidays is returning this year, in DCA (including Viva Navidad).

The ice skating rink is gone from Downtown Disney, due to new security stations.

The Winter Castle will be back.

It's a Small World Holiday will be back.

Haunted Mansion Holiday will likely be back this year.

I think that Jingle Cruise is a safe bet to return.

Believe in Holiday Magic fireworks will be back.

The Christmas Fantasy Parade will be back in some capacity (not sure what's happening as far as a holiday season nighttime parade yet).

It seems to be a sure thing that World of Color -- Season of Light will return.

I think the gingerbread display in the GCH lobby is too much of a hit to not bring back.

My guess is that most things that were in place last year will be back for this year's holiday season. Now, when it comes to 2018 and 2019 we might start to see some changes as we get closer to the opening of Star Wars Land. But I think that 2017 will not look too much different than 2016, as far as the array of seasonal offerings.

What happens to Fantasmic! during the holidays? I went once during the holiday season about 5 years ago and have no recollection of it being around then...

What happens to Fantasmic! during the holidays? I went once during the holiday season about 5 years ago and have no recollection of it being around then...

I don't know how they will handle it this year because it's been down for so long, but -- if I remember correctly, and I could certainly be wrong -- it tends to run on a limited/Fri/Sat/Sun/holiday only sort of schedule up until a certain point in the season. Somewhere around early/mid-December, it is then shown nightly.

Again, I have no idea what will happen this year because Fantasmic! has been dark for a while. They could extend the schedule.

We are heading to DL Nov 24 -30. This will be our first trip there during the Christmas season. We've been to WDW when it's all dressed up for Christmas, but this will be the first time to DL at Christmas. I'm super excited to see it all dressed up!

Reading through this thread to plan our T-day at DLR and am having sticker shock! I felt prepared because it is Disney, but over $100 per person :( Any other good options in the area? Mrs Knott's or even the chicken and waffles place on Harbor?
I'm also wondering where to eat on Thanksgiving, we'll be in Disneyland that day, but don't want to spend a lot for a meal! I figured some of the other restaurants would have a turkey dinner? I'm just happy to be there to see the Christmas decorations for the first time!!! :)

For the past few years instead of Christmas presents, my DH and I along with his mom and dad have skipped presents and done a vacation together around the holidays instead. We were planning a trip to Charleston, SC this year, but last night on a whim we all got the Disney fever (again!) and decided to be spontaneous, throw out the old travel plans and plan our first trip to Disneyland!!! :jumping1: We live in Alabama and make it to WDW whenever possible, but have NEVER been to Disneyland! We are TO INFINITY AND BEYOND EXCITED!! :earboy2: We are planning to be there from December 4-8, with three full days in the parks (with ParkHoppers). ANY tips for first-timers like us is greatly appreciated! (Particularly concerning airport/hotel transportation, as we will be flying in. We haven't officially booked our plane tickets (planning to fly Southwest) or our hotel yet, but will most likely be staying in one of the "Disney Partner" hotels. Looking at the Fairfield Marriott one right now. Also any awesome Christmas-in-Disneyland tips/ MUST-dos??

Thanks in advance my fellow Disney Fanatics! :-)

So now that we know paint the night is going to DCA, does that mean Main Street gets the Christmas garland back?!?! I soooo hope so!!!

This thought has made my day.....please Disney! Those garlands need to come back, I really think Main Street looks so much better during the holidays when they are up!

Honestly, that's the most exciting piece of what I saw in yesterday's announcement. :rotfl:

I sure hope so. Are any of the PPP floats really tall?

What's PPP, I can't think? Thanks :)

Not sure about float heights, but I am very excited to see the Paint the Night parade, my fam has never experienced it.

Please tell me your user name is based on the fantastic Beatles song? Best band in the world :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter