Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. Staying at SSR next week. We placed an order through them for a mini 2 tier cake to be picked up at Artist Palette. It's being made by the BW. She took a credit card but I was wondering when I actually pay? Will I be able to just pay at the food court when I pick it up?

Thanks!

Lisa

Price: $50 ($35 + $15 for Elsa)
Date: 5/2/15
Cake: 2 tier mini cake, vanilla with white chocolate mousse (but it tasted just like white frosting rather than mousse).

Thanks to this thread! I ordered via email, 3 days prior. They only had 2 options for the cake and filling. There were 3 options for styles: Minnie, Mickey or flowers. I chose the Minnie with a blue theme. The little 2D Elsa was really small, only 2 inches tall. My DD bit the head right off :)

The best part of this was that the cake was linked to the reservation. At check-in, they saw the special order. Our server also saw the special order.

I love this cake! We are having a mini cake from BW to be picked up at SSR. I wanted a 2d of Belle and Beast but was told no figures on a 2 tier mini :( . They are going to do yellow with red accents to have a Beauty and the Beast theme at least. I've had mickey ears on top of a cake that sized before, but I decided to let it go. At first SSR said the mini cakes weren't an option so I made some progress.

Congrats on a cute cake though :)

I love this cake! We are having a mini cake from BW to be picked up at SSR. I wanted a 2d of Belle and Beast but was told no figures on a 2 tier mini :( .
I would call again and ask. State that you want a 2D image of Belle & Beast on the side of the mini cake. The reason is because when I emailed, my first reply from a CM said "Yes" and gave me a summary of my order. 5min later another CM responded and said they could not do 2D images. 2min after that, the second CM replied to disregard her email because someone else had already taken care of it.

Last year we ordered and picked up at Artist palate. It charged to my card and was very confusing because there was nothing on the cake saying it's paid for. The same trip, we had a cake delivered to Tusker house, and they added on to the bill. Good luck!

Pretty cakes! How much did each cost? We are eating breakfast at CRT on my son's birthday. I am looking into getting a fun decorated mini cake or maybe a 6" with some decorations. Nothing too fancy but a step above the basic. Thanks!!

I've posted these in previous threads, but here are the mini cakes I've ordered that aren't white. I just asked them to copy designs I'd found online or, in the case of the second one, our wedding cake.

file-2.jpg

miniannivcake.jpg

PumpkinMiniCake002.jpg

Does anyone know if there is a price difference between the standard mini cake with the white chocolate castle on top and the ones where the castle lights up?

This thread has be EXTREMELY helpful. Thank you to everyone for sharing ideas, costs, etc. Our first trip to Disney and DS 3rd birthday.
Looking to keep costs around $50-60, cake delivered either to CRT at breakfast or maybe even dinner at Garden Grill. Either location preferable regarding cakes and cost?

Is it better a better value to get a mini-cake, maxi-mini cake (3" on top of 5") or a 6" decorated cake? No fondant necessary. Trying to get the neatest cake for my budget without going crazy.

His favorites are WALL-E, Ducktales, Sword in the Stone (specifically the owl, Archimedes). Has anyone ever seen cakes with these characters?

What size cake would you all suggest for 9 adults and 2 children. We don't mind some left overs:)

Pretty cakes! How much did each cost? We are eating breakfast at CRT on my son's birthday. I am looking into getting a fun decorated mini cake or maybe a 6" with some decorations. Nothing too fancy but a step above the basic. Thanks!!

They cost $35-$45, plus 6.5% tax and, for the ones delivered to Deluxe resort rooms, 18% gratuity.

This thread has be EXTREMELY helpful. Thank you to everyone for sharing ideas, costs, etc. Our first trip to Disney and DS 3rd birthday.
Looking to keep costs around $50-60, cake delivered either to CRT at breakfast or maybe even dinner at Garden Grill. Either location preferable regarding cakes and cost?

CRT might be cheaper because the Contemporary pastry team often charges less than others, but it will be more of a hassle to order because you'll have to wade through their standard "you can only have these three cakes" email first.

Is it better a better value to get a mini-cake, maxi-mini cake (3" on top of 5") or a 6" decorated cake? No fondant necessary. Trying to get the neatest cake for my budget without going crazy.

The 6-inch cakes are the best value because you get the most cake for your money. Mini cakes are more labor-intensive so they can cost as much as or more than a simple 6-inch cake.

What size cake would you all suggest for 9 adults and 2 children. We don't mind some left overs:)

Disney will say a 10-inch and you will have a LOT leftover. I think you could get away with an 8-inch and still have plenty leftover.

Hi! I was thinking of surprising my husband with a cake for our 5th wedding anniversary. does anyone have any ideas of what I could do? I'm looking for something cute and simple, but really good....

Hi! I was thinking of surprising my husband with a cake for our 5th wedding anniversary. does anyone have any ideas of what I could do? I'm looking for something cute and simple, but really good....
We ordered the Mickey head cake last year. I thought it was one of the best cakes! It's a lot of chocolate.

We are having dinner at Ohana's but we really want Chef Brian to do our cake. He has done ours in the past and always done such a fantastic job. I've been told we can only go through the GF bakery. Anyone know of anyway around this.

The Contemporary does not deliver to the Poly. The only way would be to have him make it and pick it up at one of the food locations at the Contemporary, then bring it over yourself.

The Contemporary does not deliver to the Poly. The only way would be to have him make it and pick it up at one of the food locations at the Contemporary, then bring it over yourself.
Ya I know. But, they told me I couldn't do it that way either. I had to be have a reservation at a contemporary or Ft wilderness restaurant to order from there. I wanted to just do a pick up.

Oh no, I was hoping to have chef Brian do ours as well and deliver it to BOG dinner... could that be done or no?

Ya I know. But, they told me I couldn't do it that way either. I had to be have a reservation at a contemporary or Ft wilderness restaurant to order from there. I wanted to just do a pick up.

In the past some have made a reservation at the Wave to get their cakes from the Contemporary

Yeah, that's not right. Several people on this thread have picked up cakes at the Wave, and I don't think they even had reservations. When I ordered my last cake at the Contemporary, I asked to have it delivered to CA Grill even though I hadn't been able to get a reservation there. We were planning to eat it in the lounge but scored a last-minute ADR.

Oh no, I was hoping to have chef Brian do ours as well and deliver it to BOG dinner... could that be done or no?

Yes, because the Contemporary also does the cakes for the Magic Kingdom.

Yeah, that's not right. Several people on this thread have picked up cakes at the Wave, and I don't think they even had reservations. When I ordered my last cake at the Contemporary, I asked to have it delivered to CA Grill even though I hadn't been able to get a reservation there. We were planning to eat it in the lounge but scored a last-minute ADR.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter