Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Staying at POR Riverside, we have an early evening ADR at Beach Club. Is the easiest route bus POR to Epcot then bus Epcot to Beach Club? Could we walk Epcot to Beach Club, approx., how long would it take?
We will have a hire car, but it would be nice to be car free that evening. We may go to Epcot for Illuminations after dining at Beach Club.

There's no bus between Epcot and Beach Club.
You can walk through Epcot, if you have a hopper or if it's your only park.
You can bus to DHS then walk/boat to BC.
You can bus to MK or AK, then bus to BC.

Staying at POR Riverside, we have an early evening ADR at Beach Club. Is the easiest route bus POR to Epcot then bus Epcot to Beach Club? Could we walk Epcot to Beach Club, approx., how long would it take?
We will have a hire car, but it would be nice to be car free that evening. We may go to Epcot for Illuminations after dining at Beach Club.
As PP, said you can take the bus to Epcot & walk thru the park to Cape May if you have admission to Epcot for that day. Or, you can take the bus to DHS and there is a walkway to the Beach Club from there. Either walk is 1.1 mi.; the bus ride to Epcot is a bit shorter from POR, but then you'll have to go thru bag check and possibly navigate thru crowds in Epcot, so it's pretty much a toss-up. You should allow 90 minutes, but you'll probably arrive in about an hour. (Click on the words "walk" & "walkway" above for links to Google Maps.)

If you don't want to walk the 1.1 mi., take the bus to DHS and ride the boat. Travel time might be a few minutes more, depending on how fast you walk and how long you wait for the boat, but probably not more than 5 minutes longer. You can save some time by getting off the boat at the Swan & Dolphin (the 1st stop) and walking a short distance.

After dinner, it's a short walk to Epcot's World Showcase.

Staying at AKL, no car. We have early pre-park opening ADR's at Epcot (8:30am), MK (8:05am) and HS (8:15am) on different days. What time should we plan on catching the bus for each ADR?

Conflicting information on the boards regarding whether or not the Disney Bus shows up on schedule for the early am. Should we plan on taking a taxi or Uber each morning? Can Taxi/Uber reach the entrance gates for Epcot and HS? I know a taxi to MK means they'll drive us to the Contemporary Resort and we'll walk over.

Staying at AKL, no car. We have early pre-park opening ADR's at Epcot (8:30am), MK (8:05am) and HS (8:15am) on different days. What time should we plan on catching the bus for each ADR?

Conflicting information on the boards regarding whether or not the Disney Bus shows up on schedule for the early am. Should we plan on taking a taxi or Uber each morning? Can Taxi/Uber reach the entrance gates for Epcot and HS? I know a taxi to MK means they'll drive us to the Contemporary Resort and we'll walk over.
You should be at the bus stop 1 hour before your ADR. Buses will be running by then.

Epcot and DHS both have taxi stands. Epcot's is just a couple of minutes from the entrance; DHS is about 1/4 mi.

Hi. Doing a split stay in July at BWI then GF and wanted to know about getting to TL and BB from each resort. I know distance wise the water parks are closer to BWI but wondering if GF has a bus that goes straight to water parks without stopping along the way making the time spent on the bus the same as from BWI. Not sure if we'll have time to get both water parks in before we move on to GF and wanted to know if we should choose a certain water park while at BWI and the other one while at GF or should we push to get them both in while at BWI. Thank you for your help. :-)

Hi. Doing a split stay in July at BWI then GF and wanted to know about getting to TL and BB from each resort. I know distance wise the water parks are closer to BWI but wondering if GF has a bus that goes straight to water parks without stopping along the way making the time spent on the bus the same as from BWI. Not sure if we'll have time to get both water parks in before we move on to GF and wanted to know if we should choose a certain water park while at BWI and the other one while at GF or should we push to get them both in while at BWI. Thank you for your help. :-)
Same service from both resorts:
  • BB: direct bus. Tell the driver where you are going; buses may skip BB if no one is going there.
    • GF is the last stop on the BB/AK bus
    • Bus from BW to BB/AK usually stops at Swan & Dolphin on the way
  • TL:
    • Before 11am: direct with no stops
    • 11am-2pm: direct, stopping at DTD first
    • After 2pm: all passengers for TL must change buses at Epcot
      • A shuttle bus runs between the Epcot resorts & Epcot from 2pm until TL closes
      • From GF: Resort Monorail to TTC, transfer to Epcot monorail, then bus to TL
    • GF & BW are usually the last resort stop on buses to TL/DTD and the Epcot resorts shuttle
Caveat: July is 2 months away. It's entirely possible that anything stated above could change by then.

Last edited:

Okay guys...lets see if we can organize any and all quetions pertaining to transportation within WDW here. It may help others to know exactly where to go to get the best info.
I expect to see lots of good info here everyone. But, not looking for debates on rental car vs buses. Basically how to get around using Disney transportation only.
Thanks..and have at it!!!:boat::drive::tiptoe::teleport:

I'll start with this one.....(thanks MagicBus)

Bus & Monorail Park to Park Transportation

From MK to:
AK, bus at MK bus stop
DHS, bus at MK bus stop
Epcot, Monorail from TTC

From Epcot to:
AK, bus stop #5
DHS, bus stop #9
TTC/MK, Monorail

From DHS to:
AK, bus stop #7
Epcot, bus stop #7 in the Charter lot
MK, bus stop #? (maybe 11)

From AK to:
DHS, bus stop #15
Epcot bus stop #13
MK, bus stop #?(maybe 14)

There is also boat transportation between DHS & Epcot.

Ok, love WDW, visit frequently using Vaca Club points. Find the transportation system very convenient. BUT, I wonder why WDW is still using those stinky, loud old busses. Disney is so cutting edge in so many areas -- why no hybrid or electric busses? Seems like the Disney campus would be perfect for that - short trips, relatively flat, they could have their own recharging/refueling stations.

Ok, love WDW, visit frequently using Vaca Club points. Find the transportation system very convenient. BUT, I wonder why WDW is still using those stinky, loud old busses. Disney is so cutting edge in so many areas -- why no hybrid or electric busses? Seems like the Disney campus would be perfect for that - short trips, relatively flat, they could have their own recharging/refueling stations.
Over the past several years, a variety of different hybrids have been tested, including some from overseas manufacturers. None has been successful. They either couldn't make it thru the typical 20-hour day of a Disney bus, or developed battery or mechanical problems during the trial period.

I will be staying at Coronado Springs next week. On Saturday night we will be having dinner at AKL. We'll probably leave the resort around 6ish so I assume we can take the bus from our resort to AK. Can we walk to AKL from there, or is there a bus to AKL? We should be done at AKL around 9:30/10. What is the best way to get home b/c AK will be closed. Should we take a bus to Hollywood Studios and transfer to a bus to our resort? How late do the HS busses run? Thanks!!

I will be staying at Coronado Springs next week. On Saturday night we will be having dinner at AKL. We'll probably leave the resort around 6ish so I assume we can take the bus from our resort to AK. Can we walk to AKL from there, or is there a bus to AKL? We should be done at AKL around 9:30/10. What is the best way to get home b/c AK will be closed. Should we take a bus to Hollywood Studios and transfer to a bus to our resort? How late do the HS busses run? Thanks!!
You cannot walk from AK to AKL. There is a bus that you can transfer onto.

You can board a bus to a theme park only up until that park's closing time. DHS closes at 10 on the next couple of Saturday's, so you will be able to transfer there if you can get on a bus before 10pm. Buses from a park to the resorts run until every one has left the park, which is usually 1 to 2 hours after closing.

If you leave AKL after 10, you can take the bus to MK and transfer to CSR there. The other transfer option is DTD, but MK should be faster.

Staying at yacht club. Does the boat to Epcot go to the main entrance? If we walk it goes to WS correct? How early can u get in the entrance at WS? Was told on the phone last night 11am but I didn't think that was right. Thanks

Staying at yacht club. Does the boat to Epcot go to the main entrance? If we walk it goes to WS correct? How early can u get in the entrance at WS? Was told on the phone last night 11am but I didn't think that was right. Thanks
The boat goes to the International Gateway. From the Yacht, it's easier to walk, since the boat goes from the Yacht Club across to the Boardwalk before docking at Epcot.

The Friendship boat that services the Epcot resorts and DHS/Epcot docks at the International Gateway....back door into WS. I stay at BWVs a lot....we have always been let into the park, at the IG, at park opening. If we are allowed in a bit early, we are 'held' up by the big fountain. Then those that entered via the main gate and those from the IG are released at the same time.

sorry maybe I'm not using the right terms. International Gateway is the entrance to world showcase correct? So you can get in that way early in the morning? or can you walk to the front entrance of epcot?
We are owners at BLT so this is all different and confusing for me!

The Friendship boat that services the Epcot resorts and DHS/Epcot docks at the International Gateway....back door into WS. I stay at BWVs a lot....we have always been let into the park, at the IG, at park opening. If we are allowed in a bit early, we are 'held' up by the big fountain. Then those that entered via the main gate and those from the IG are released at the same time.

We must have been typing at same time. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter