• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official June 2008 code watch

What are the current June codes?

Other than AAA, at this time--nothing. Here's hoping there's something soon, although I'm not holding my breath since there hasn't been anything for my dates, my resort, and the room category I want in quite a few years. I keep hoping though. . .:worship:

Thought I would point out that we are nearing the end of March, already! Where has this month gone? More snow for us this weekend, we're prom and summer shopping, it's snowing tomorrow, 7+ inches! That really stinks--it's been a truly horrible winter and I am ready for it to end. :headache:

I also wanted to give us a bump to page 1.

I spent my evening last night booking reservations (flight, hotel, tickets) for a friend--loved spending someone else's money. ;) She and her family have no clue about Disney--first timers. At least they are doing it right, they are Polynesian bound for 8 nights! :woohoo: Ultimately, I had to book online because a grumpy res agent said there was no availability at Polynesian. They must divide the rooms up between web computer system and WDTC computer system. Either that or the guy was not only a snippy jerk, but not very good at his job. :laughing: :idea: Imagine that would ya'.

Have a good Thursday for those waiting for June!

Jumping onboard. We are also waiting for AP rates for June/July. We have a AAA reservation, but are hoping for a bit better rate. I was hoping that the new 30% off resort/dining for AP holders would be the beginning of releasing codes, but who knows :confused3

When I called last week to check rates/codes for the Yacht/Beach Club and Boardwalk, there were very few rooms left at all. I'm starting to think there won't be a code because they don't need 'em to sell out. Guess I'll just stay at the Swan using my Gov't rate. I hear the hotel is pretty nice. Not Disney nice, but nice.

By the way, our dates are the 21st-28th just so you know.

Mark

When I called last week to check rates/codes for the Yacht/Beach Club and Boardwalk, there were very few rooms left at all. I'm starting to think there won't be a code because they don't need 'em to sell out. Guess I'll just stay at the Swan using my Gov't rate. I hear the hotel is pretty nice. Not Disney nice, but nice.

By the way, our dates are the 21st-28th just so you know.

Mark
Can you use a Gov rate if you aren't on official travel?

Can you use a Gov rate if you aren't on official travel?

Yep, I do it all the time. Nobody issues travel orders anymore (at least I'm not) so I haven't had a problem. Just show the Gov't id and I'm good to go.

Yep, I do it all the time. Nobody issues travel orders anymore (at least I'm not) so I haven't had a problem. Just show the Gov't id and I'm good to go.

I guess we are nobody because our Agency still issues travel orders. No TO no travel. It's good to know that my USG ID would get me a discounted room if I ever needed it.

I didn't have a problem booking a room at the YC for 6-11 to 6-17. But it was a very interesting phone conversation. The CM said that there seemed to be something there that could help me...(imagine my excitement)...and then my cordless phone went DEAD...I was panicked. And when that happens it is atleast 3 or 4 minutes until you can use the phone with a "cord". My caller id was saying the Disney was calling in and I couldn't switch over...I was running around the house like a chicken with her head cut off...my DS 9 was yelling "Does this mean we cant' go to Disney?" Finally the phone rang and I was able to complete my call...she had looked and there wasn't a code...not sure what was there but I am impressed that the same CM called me back!
Does anyone know if it is really crowded during that time???
Just counting down the days 76 days

YES IT WILL BE CROWDED. BUT IF YOU FASTPASS AND GO INTO THE PARKS EARLY YOU WILL BE FINE. WE WENT LAST JULY AND IT WAS VERY HOT AND CROWDED AND WE HAD A GREAT TIME. HAVE A GREAT VACATION!!! WE WILL BE AT THE BCV JUNE 14-22 SO WE WILL SEE YOU THERE!!!:cheer2:

Oops!! My Last Post Was Wrong Sorry!! I Forgot We Will Be At The Vwl In June Not Bcv. Have A Great Vacation!!!

I called yesterday as well for 6/14-6/24. I had a AAA rate for a standard view at CSR, but changed it to a split stay, but then wanted to change it back to ten nights at CSR. She told me that she had a AAA rate for waterview but not standard. I asked her what the standard view was at rack rate and she informed me that there were no standard views left at CSR for the time I was looking at. I was a little surprised, she also looked at other mods, but nothing. So, maybe it is getting pretty full!!!

How much of a discount from AAA doyou get? If it is a significant then I am thinking of joining just for the discount. Thanks for your help!:rolleyes1

Hello. Just wondering...how are the crowds the first week of June? I am trying to fit in a short trip (June 4-8) before summer crowds. Anyone been during this time? It is the first weekend of the Star Wars Weekends - will it be crazy?? Any advice will be appreciated - - thanks!

Hello. Just wondering...how are the crowds the first week of June? I am trying to fit in a short trip (June 4-8) before summer crowds. Anyone been during this time? It is the first weekend of the Star Wars Weekends - will it be crazy?? Any advice will be appreciated - - thanks!

There are definitely crowds but they are manageable. Make use of the Fastpass system but don't wait until late in the day to try and obtain the Fastpass. I've seen them all distributed by early afternoon.

It will probably rain every day too but it won't rain for long. Take along rain ponchos.

The temps will be in the mid-80's to low 90's which isn't too bad. I buy the small misting fans from Wal-Mart. They are about the size of an old cassette tape and have a clip on the end. You can refill the water chamber at any water fountain. I like the size and the fact that they have a clip. We just clip it to our belt loop and it's much easier to carry than the large misting fans.

we too are going the first weekend in June I also find eaarly is better. We get there when the park opens and go back to the room at lunch. We will go out again in the evening but we never expect to get alot accomplished. We get everything done in the morning that is priority. Now my older kids swear late nights on the nights the park is open late is best, but they just want to ride the big rides till they puke.:scared:

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE...MIST FANS SOUND LIKE A GREAT IDEA- AS DOES THE PLAN FOR PARKS IN THE AM & THEN LUNCH & NAPS :):thumbsup2

How much of a discount from AAA doyou get? If it is a significant then I am thinking of joining just for the discount. Thanks for your help!:rolleyes1

It seems like it was 10% off, or about $20.00 a night, which, in our case, saved us $200.00. I pay $35.00 a year for AAA through my employer, so it more than makes up for itself in hotel savings, Disney or other places.

question... my fiance & I called and paid off our trip last week, even though it wasnt due until April 26. If for some reason a code did come out that applied to us, would we get money back?

a question for those who have booked and are "hoping" for an AP rate or other discount code for June...

so what do you do if you don't get a code or if the discounted rooms are all sold out by the time you call?

do you cancel your reservation or just suck it up and go at rack rate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter