*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

I’m there the 24th-30th and my update said MK is open till 11 on the 24th, 10 on the 26th and 28th (all an hour later than had been listed). EMH on the 28th is now 10-12

I saw the same thing. We were there last year the first week of Dec and when they released the extended hours it seemed to only be for MK. The other parks all stayed the same. They cut ride hours at AK so I really don't think they will be extending any hours there. They also added a ROL show for 7:30pm. This is something they did last year only it was 7:45pm. So for those of you hoping they will extend hours in other parks, I highly doubt it. The hours that have been extended mostly follow with what they did last year IMO.

Hello everyone! Getting really excited for our November 22-December 1 trip!!! Question regarding the announcement of thanksgiving meals. We are doing Mickey’s Backyard BBQ on Thanksgiving. This will be our first time (and apparently last with it closing) and I have seen in the past where it has been a Thanksgiving Feast. If that were to happen, is it announced ahead of time or would we just go and there be the more Thanksgiving themed meal instead of the BBQ meal. We are fine with either, just trying to figure out what to expect! Thanks

I saw the same thing. We were there last year the first week of Dec and when they released the extended hours it seemed to only be for MK. The other parks all stayed the same. They cut ride hours at AK so I really don't think they will be extending any hours there. They also added a ROL show for 7:30pm. This is something they did last year only it was 7:45pm. So for those of you hoping they will extend hours in other parks, I highly doubt it. The hours that have been extended mostly follow with what they did last year IMO.
How were the crowds the first week of December last year? We usually go the week before Thanksgiving but are going the end of November and the first 4 days of December this year to see the Epcot storytellers.:)

I’m very much looking forward to EMH until 1 am on 11/10. I have heard that Saturday was very crowded last year (i believe crowd level 10) but we don’t play to get there until after 9 pm.

20 more days!!!!

How were the crowds the first week of December last year? We usually go the week before Thanksgiving but are going the end of November and the first 4 days of December this year to see the Epcot storytellers.:)
The crowds that week weren't bad. It was still crowded; 4-6 levels. If you go the first few days of Dec you will miss the cheerleaders from Pop Warner. Last year they hit the parks on Wed and Thurs. The first week in Dec is Pop Warner week with cheerleaders and football players hitting the value and moderate resorts. If you are not staying at one of those resorts it shouldn't be much of a problem. We did have an issue with a group of cheerleaders cutting in line when we were at HS on Wed Dec 6 and there were a lot of large groups of cheerleaders in HS on Wed and MK on Thurs. Those were our days in those parks but the over all crowds weren't affected. I hope that helps.

Enjoy your trip. We will be there at the same time. Nov 25-Dec 5th and I am really looking forward to the storytellers. We missed them last year because it was a shorter trip.

Hi
I see the The hours from November 4-10 they have extended the hours at MK on non party days until 10 p.m
I believe that Epcot are also open until 10 pm on November 9?
I am wondering if Epcot would be “packed” on that Friday?

The crowds that week weren't bad. It was still crowded; 4-6 levels. If you go the first few days of Dec you will miss the cheerleaders from Pop Warner. Last year they hit the parks on Wed and Thurs. The first week in Dec is Pop Warner week with cheerleaders and football players hitting the value and moderate resorts. If you are not staying at one of those resorts it shouldn't be much of a problem. We did have an issue with a group of cheerleaders cutting in line when we were at HS on Wed Dec 6 and there were a lot of large groups of cheerleaders in HS on Wed and MK on Thurs. Those were our days in those parks but the over all crowds weren't affected. I hope that helps.

Enjoy your trip. We will be there at the same time. Nov 25-Dec 5th and I am really looking forward to the storytellers. We missed them last year because it was a shorter trip.

That does help give me an idea about crowd levels thank you! We will be there the same time as you but we arrive a day after you Nov 26 and leave a day before Dec 4. We are renting DVC points for the first time and doing a split stay between BWV and AKL Kidani. This is our first time seeing the storytellers and we are really excited to see them! I hope you have a great trip as well!:)

Hi
I see the The hours from November 4-10 they have extended the hours at MK on non party days until 10 p.m
I don’t have TP or know the crowd numbers, but I think it’s expected to be pretty crowded, at least the world showcase portion, because it’s the last weekend of food and wine festival.

Hi

And they have MK as a 2 and Epcot at a 5. I am sure a lot of that has to due to MK having a party and Epcot being the end of Food and Wine.

I have a random TP question. Would it be a good investment to get TP this late in the trip planning process? I still would like to get a beaches and cream adr, garden grill breakfast, and/or tusker hours adr and it would be nice to see potential wait times and crowds. I know it’s all predictions, but do you guys find it reliable?

I have a random TP question. Would it be a good investment to get TP this late in the trip planning process? I still would like to get a beaches and cream adr, garden grill breakfast, and/or tusker hours adr and it would be nice to see potential wait times and crowds. I know it’s all predictions, but do you guys find it reliable?
It's pocket change compared to the price of the trip. I find it indispensable particularly for planning out your day within the park, seeing about how much wait time or free time you have for restrooms, breaks, diversions, shows, and presentations, and allowing you to tinker with them to maximize your fun, and minimize your waiting and walking. Anything else like ADR finders are just icing on the cake.

It's pocket change compared to the price of the trip. I find it indispensable particularly for planning out your day within the park, seeing about how much wait time or free time you have for restrooms, breaks, diversions, shows, and presentations, and allowing you to tinker with them to maximize your fun, and minimize your waiting and walking. Anything else like ADR finders are just icing on the cake.

That’s what I figured - about pocket change, haha
Thanks for the help!

Is there a feature on TP that allows you to enter your current FPS and ADRs and then TP suggests what you can or should do in between rides based on what’s nearby or on the way to where you’re heading next? We’ve never used it and this is our first trip next month.

And they have MK as a 2 and Epcot at a 5. I am sure a lot of that has to due to MK having a party and Epcot being the end of Food and Wine.
Yes I was afraid of that.
I currently have Tuesday November 6 as my Epcot day, but I am thinking of maybe two half days.
Just when I thought I was finished planning I am second guessing some of my days and ADR’s.

We are going to the Christmas party on November 8.
I also have November 7 as a Magic Kingdom day.

Yes I was afraid of that.
I currently have Tuesday November 6 as my Epcot day, but I am thinking of maybe two half days.
Just when I thought I was finished planning I am second guessing some of my days and ADR’s.

We are going to the Christmas party on November 8.
I also have November 7 as a Magic Kingdom day.

We are also at the Christmas party on 11/8!

I have a half day at AK on 11/3 and then arriving late and staying until close on 11/6.

11/7 I made a full day at Epcot.

I have a few evenings at MK but I will be at the MK on 11/5. I know it closes at 4:30 but I've read that crowds should be very very low so I'm hoping to take advantage of that.

I'm not even worrying about crowd calendars. I just plan to go in with my FP+ and a good plan on rides.

I got the TP email about MK extending closing hour to 11pm instead of 10pm on 11/22, 23, and 24, and extending closing til 10pm on the 26th. Really glad I booked the HEA After fireworks dessert party on 11/24!

We’ll be there those nights as well! Happy about the later times!!!

Opinion question, EMH or no. Right now I have all my days planned and it just happened none of them are EMH days. We are good early risers so that’s not a problem. Should I switch my days? I’m a little Leary as all my FP’s are booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter