***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the thread! We go mid june, just one day at AK and we usually leave around 2 or 3 to do downtown disney. Really excited that even if we can't go on the rivera of navi, at least we can all walk around. If there is a walking trail thats got the bioluminence, my kids would be thrilled!!! Hoping for more info soon as I make the touring plan.

This is a great start can't wait to see more info pouring in. We won't be there til August so hopefully Excitement calms by then. We did FEA this past July and it wasn't bad after being open a few months and knowing what to expect from here.

Haven't seen this on the disboards yet, but a couple other sites have noted that the official press event is scheduled for 23-25 May. This probably means that the area will be closed on the 26th for final preparations for the opening.
This suggests that the second and third weeks of May are a good guess for when general soft openings are likely to be taking place. That gives a couple weeks for the DVC and passholder previews starting in late April, but with the caveat that it is planned that the area will be closed for several days during this period. (No word in *which* days will be closed, just that it's expected to be at least six days of closures.)

I hope we get some kind of invite, I'd drive over (less than 2 hrs) to go for sure. I think trying to go after it opens will be a nitemare for months and months to come.

Thank you for this thread!!! I booked a solo trip just for the opening of Pandora! I am excited and hoping that going by myself will be in my advantage. I wont have to worry about losing anyone when I try to book it through the crowds:rolleyes1

What is everyone thoughts...Do they think Pandora rides will be available for EMH on 5/27?

That I'm not sure. My guess is they'll move the EMH for that day.

Haven't seen this on the disboards yet, but a couple other sites have noted that the official press event is scheduled for 23-25 May. This probably means that the area will be closed on the 26th for final preparations for the opening.
This suggests that the second and third weeks of May are a good guess for when general soft openings are likely to be taking place. That gives a couple weeks for the DVC and passholder previews starting in late April, but with the caveat that it is planned that the area will be closed for several days during this period. (No word in *which* days will be closed, just that it's expected to be at least six days of closures.)

Yes the press event was changed from 5/21-5/27 to 5/23-5/25. Still right within the Volcano Bay opening timeframe. Our very own Corey Martin Oresident of the DIS is attending the press event.

This is wonderful! Thank you for compiling all of this; makes me even more anxious for planning AK into our end of the year trip :yay:

Thanks @rteetz - this is great! :thumbsup2

~~~

We're staying offsite for our peak-season summer trip... I'm thinking I'll really need a night onsite to grab FPs for these, huh?

Thanks @rteetz - this is great! :thumbsup2

~~~

We're staying offsite for our peak-season summer trip... I'm thinking I'll really need a night onsite to grab FPs for these, huh?
It would be helpful. In the FP subforum, you may want to read the first post in the Throwaway Room thread. There are perks for having a one-night onsite reservation.

It would be helpful. In the FP subforum, you may want to read the first post in the Throwaway Room thread. There are perks for having a one-night onsite reservation.
Yep, I'm well acquainted with the work arounds, lol! ;) I just need to remember to A., book it, and B. get on FPs early. We rarely ride anything that I can't FP a couple weeks out (or day-of, for that matter), so I'm out of practice.

We will be staying at the beach club villas April 21-24 for the Star Wars race weekend ...
We are AP and DVC ...
Is there an event going on that weekend ???

Following this thread. Taking a quick trip in June to check out Disney Springs and Avatarland and other things that we missed on our longer trip in December. Made my ADR for Tiffins and trying to see how to work RoL into my AK day. Looking forward to it!

Great thread! I will be watching closely for our July trip.
We are staying at SOG, so at 30 days out we'll never see a FP for either attraction. A good RD plan will be mandatory for us.

I was able to get fast passes for ROL May 26, 27 and 28th.
It only showed the regular options, no options for the new rides :-(
I will keep checking everyday till the opening date ...

If something happens in April that will be great but we are still going to be there on the opening day !!!!

I have a question for wizened old (and young) speculators out there!

First, I literally just got back from Orlando this morning. DW and I had six days at the parks over the last two weeks. Lots of fun. :)

Something just came up and I may be returning to Orlando with one of my 20-something kids over Memorial Day weekend. So I am trying to figure out an AK plan. This particular kid has never been to WDW and will have greater interest in thrill rides. So we will not be going for a more thorough WDW experience. But I want to do one day in each park.

Here is my question. The flight I like does not get into MCO until nearly 11PM which means a very late bed time on the first night. Couple that with a two hour time change from Colorado and this makes me not want to hit a park early or hard on the first full day (Day #1). So I am considering an easy half day on Day #1 in the afternoon (yay FP+) then a full park day starting on Day #2. Where should we go on that half day #1?

Part of me is considering going to AK before May 27 for half day #1 (Pandora official opening date for those out of the loop) and experiencing some of the highlights and a show or two including ROL that night (so we can get ROL out of the way without competition from Pandora). Then we can spend a full day at AK on or after May 27 and dedicate ourselves and our FPs and our evening to Pandora and some of the other AK things we missed on half day #1.

The other part of me says to go to MK (or maybe Epcot) that easy half day #1 because, well, AK even with Pandora still will barely fill a full day from 9AM to 9/10/11PM closing.

Thoughts?

:wizard:

I am excited about trying the Lumpia at Pongu Pongu. My aunt was from Thailand and used to make them for us. She never made them with cream cheese or pineapple so I'm not sure how the additions will be.

On May 24th, AK has a 3:30 closing time. I'd assume the media event is that night. We were originally going to have that as our AK day but switched to May 25th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter