***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

Hello fellow December travelers! I'm feeling a bit bored these days. My touring plan is done. My ADRs are done, including CP package. I'm not doing rides at HS nor Epcot which leaves FP for Magic Kingdom. I'm only doing MK on MVMCP and I'm still not sure I even want to do any rides there. What do I do between now and December 8th?!!

Last edited:
I understand caribbeandream. I feel like I am in a holding pattern. I have to do fast passes but that is a ways out, so I just sort of ticker and read things.Waiting is killing me!!

Hey folks. We will be staying at POP 12/23- 1/1. This will be all of our first trip during the holidays and we're so excited. Thanks for the thread @chiisai . Could you add our trip to the roll call?

Also, I have a 8:20 BOG PPO on 12/27 to drop if anyone here is interested? LMK.

Hey folks. We will be staying at POP 12/23- 1/1. This will be all of our first trip during the holidays and we're so excited. Thanks for the thread @chiisai . Could you add our trip to the roll call?

Also, I have a 8:20 BOG PPO on 12/27 to drop if anyone here is interested? LMK.

Added!

Making my ADR’s tomorrow for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve. :santa:
I still can’t decide about lunch/dinner on Christmas Day.
Maybe I missed a later comment in the thread. What restaurants did you end up booking for these holidays?

On Christmas Day I'm going to breakfast at Cape May Cafe. I read that Daisy Duck has been added to the list of characters who usually greet there. I also wanted to have dinner that day at Artist Point, but they still aren't taking any reservations for December at all, and I don't know if they will even be open this Christmas. I don't have a really strong second choice, but maybe House of Blues.

Maybe I missed a later comment in the thread. What restaurants did you end up booking for these holidays?

On Christmas Day I'm going to breakfast at Cape May Cafe. I read that Daisy Duck has been added to the list of characters who usually greet there. I also wanted to have dinner that day at Artist Point, but they still aren't taking any reservations for December at all, and I don't know if they will even be open this Christmas. I don't have a really strong second choice, but maybe House of Blues.

Christmas Eve - lunch at Biergarten

Christmas Day - early lunch at BOG, late dinner at LTT. We’ll go back to Pop right after lunch to relax and get away from the afternoon MK crowds, before heading back later.

Christmas Eve - late afternoon at Rose and Crown, 8:30pm at Via Napoli. We might drop the Rose and Crown and just head to Epcot in the early evening.

I need to switch my CRT ressie. Hoping I have luck with Touring Plans but so far crickets... On a positive note the flight I've been stalking FINALLY went down in price so we now have an early (& direct) flight!! :mickeyjum

What are you looking to switch your CRT reservation to?

I understand caribbeandream. I feel like I am in a holding pattern. I have to do fast passes but that is a ways out, so I just sort of ticker and read things.Waiting is killing me!!

Right there with you - I am going December 29-31 at POFQ, spending Dec 30th at MK. I have all my ADRS done (got all the restaurants I wanted but not the exact times so I am constantly checking to see if better options come up). Im also waiting for the schedule to be updated at MK on the 30th (currently lists hours as 9am-12am w/ EMH 12-2am and only the parade and fireworks as events during the day). I am also waiting to see if they release a Parade Dining Package for that day.

So overall lots of waiting and obsessively checking the Disney website. Lol

158 days and counting!

[INSERT JUMPING AND SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS]

I just purchased my plane tickets for a TOTAL of $169.39!!!!! Ironically, the Spirit fare from Houston to MCO ended being twice the amount of the United Airlines fare from MCO to Houston. I could have purchased a $60 one-way fare on United but flying in a day earlier would have meant an extra night of hotel so it would have voided any savings. Y'all have no idea how hard it has been not to run and scream down the hallway at work. I'm so glad for this board because this news is too good not to share!!!!!!

[INSERT JUMPING AND SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS]

I just purchased my plane tickets for a TOTAL of $169.39!!!!! Ironically, the Spirit fare from Houston to MCO ended being twice the amount of the United Airlines fare from MCO to Houston. I could have purchased a $60 one-way fare on United but flying in a day earlier would have meant an extra night of hotel so it would have voided any savings. Y'all have no idea how hard it has been not to run and scream down the hallway at work. I'm so glad for this board because this news is too good not to share!!!!!!
I have never flown Spirit - was kinda scared to I guess. I may need to look into them. Do they fly out of IAH or Hobby? I got my United ticket with miles and cost $11.20 for my Dec trip. I am flying Southwest out of Austin for Sept and Feb trips. I live in College Station

I have never flown Spirit - was kinda scared to I guess. I may need to look into them. Do they fly out of IAH or Hobby? I got my United ticket with miles and cost $11.20 for my Dec trip. I am flying Southwest out of Austin for Sept and Feb trips. I live in College Station

Spirit flies out of IAH. Including taxes and a $30 fee to check my bag the one way ticket was $111 and change. There was a slightly less expensive flight but it was much later in the day and it didn't fit with my plans.

My experience with Spirit has been crappy. ( from Atlantic City to Florida) On two different vacations,the day before departure they switched the departure time from a.m. to evening(9pm!) going on vacation,and early am returning home. We lost two days of vacation. I should have learned the first time( but I thought it was a fluke). They got me twice. I no longer fly Spirit.:mad:

Hello fellow December travelers! I'm feeling a bit bored these days. My touring plan is done. My ADRs are done, including CP package. I'm not doing rides at HS nor Epcot which leaves FP for Magic Kingdom. I'm only doing MK on MVMCP and I'm still not sure I even want to do any rides there. What do I do between now and December 8th?!!

I'm feeling it, too! I've been spending my time researching cute countdown ideas and little gifts for the kids. ADRS are done, have to wait until October 6th for FP+. Just tweaking our touring plans and window shopping online for what I want to buy ;) I'm also now helping a friend plan her Fall 2019 trip, so that helps!

Hi everyone!:wave:
Just booked our Christmas trip and got free dining! Made it just under the deadline! We will be at Coronado Springs December 23-30! First time at Coronado and first time at WDW at Christmas!
Anyone else?

I'll be at Disney December 29-31st - first time as an adult at Disney and first time at Christmas time!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter