• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Other Parks (Universal/Sea World/Kennedy/LEGOLAND)COMPLETE

I am struggling with ideas for The Lost Continent. Any suggestions are more than welcome...please!

You''re right -- it is a tough one. When I was looking at images from a google search, what hit me was all the stone, how "old" it all looked, and swirls. I could see lots of inking on your pieces! Maybe take an idea from the architecture and use it to make elements -- columns, fountains, all the swirls.

Or get factual -- do a "Lyric" piece with facts about the area, list the attractions/shops/restaurants, etc.

Good luck -- I know the right idea will hit you!

Hi!! Forgot to check in for the 1st...so...here goes....

I have everything designed and will start cutting this week. Should have them together next week and ready to mail by the end of next week. I'll let you know for sure how it's going again next week!

I am on my last group. Working on Ollivanders and it's partially done. I finally got through my Lost Continent block thank goodness. I spent 2 full days on that 1 group. eek! Anyhow, no problem for me to finish on time.

Hi!! Forgot to check in for the 1st...so...here goes....

I have everything designed and will start cutting this week. Should have them together next week and ready to mail by the end of next week. I'll let you know for sure how it's going again next week!

I am on my last group. Working on Ollivanders and it's partially done. I finally got through my Lost Continent block thank goodness. I spent 2 full days on that 1 group. eek! Anyhow, no problem for me to finish on time.

So who was the silly Hostess that wanted people to check in over a holiday weekend? oh, that was me! Thanks Erin for keeping us on track!

Please let me know how you are doing and if we need to extend the deadline. A month and half seems to be going by awfully fast around here with the beginning of the school year!

I am making slow progress in my groups. I have two of my groups done and two are in progress. I could use a deadline extension but will have my items done in time if there is no extension.

I am making slow progress in my groups. I have two of my groups done and two are in progress. I could use a deadline extension but will have my items done in time if there is no extension.

Thanks for checking in. I'm in the same boat as you, I can get them done but an extension would fit into my schedule very well.

I really feel the time has flown since sign ups with school starting. When I planned this I felt like the 2 weeks of work time after school started would be enough, but as for me, I am dead and not worth anything the first week or two of school (you would think I would figure this out earlier each year -- I must block it!) Not the best time for creative juices to flow.

So I am extending this two weeks to a Due Date of October 10, please mail by October 3rd.

Hopefully this doesn't work to the detriment of anyone else, but I honestly
feel I should have scheduled more time into this swap from the beginning.

Works for me. :) was getting ready to crank these out. Up to my eyes in cheer bows at the moment. Can't wait for them to be done!

Mine are done and bagged and tagged. I just have to get to the post office. I'm hoping that I will be able to get there on Saturday.

My pieces are finished. Just need to bag and package it all up. I will get it out before we leave for Florida next Thursday.

Victoria

Totally forgot to check in too! I've be so crazy busy this week, I've been online very little. I was made the Cub Scout committee chair for our pack, and I have been so overwhelmed. I haven't really started on these, but I keep thinking about them.

I would have finished on time, but the deadline definitely makes things a little more comfortable.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Mine are done and bagged and tagged. I just have to get to the post office. I'm hoping that I will be able to get there on Saturday.

Your package arrived today and all looks great with it -- the detail you put on the polar bear outline is amazing! I feel like my glitter work with stickles looks like a preschooler had fun with a project, but yours looks FABULOUS! Was yours more of a pen to make such a fine line?

And thanks for the stickers, both sets are cool but I really like the graduation set!

Your package arrived today and all looks great with it -- the detail you put on the polar bear outline is amazing! I feel like my glitter work with stickles looks like a preschooler had fun with a project, but yours looks FABULOUS! Was yours more of a pen to make such a fine line?

And thanks for the stickers, both sets are cool but I really like the graduation set!

:) Thanks for the compliment! I used the regular stickles but put a little "glob" and then drug the glob through with a straight pin and it made it look very fine.

Here are my groups. I had so much fun

Group M Universal Rides
DSC_0013-1.jpg

I drew in the eyes but I included googly eyes if you want to put them on.

Group J Universal Letters
DSC_0012.jpg

Universal letters. The white one is supposed to be a mummy with glowing red eyes

Group L2 Harry Potter Letters
DSC_0011.jpg

The O is a golden snitch. The wings are not glued on so you can decided where you want to put them. They are labeled as r & l. The y is supposed to be a wand with sparks coming out of it.

Group A Space Letter
DSC_0009.jpg

Group K IOA Letters
DSC_0008.jpg

Group P WWof Harry Potter
DSC_0032.jpg

Hope you like them.

I'll be mailing out in the next day or 2. Have to print out my labels.:banana:

Cheryl- Love them ALL! But the Alien is super cute! I like all your letters as well, pretty clever to turn your "y" into a wand!

I'll be looking for your stuff later next week.

Cheryl, they all look GREAT! I am drooling over the Three Broomsticks group!! I agree about how creative you were with the Harry Potter letters! So happy that I get some of your groups:cloud9:. Beautiful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter