our secret green club? Part 5a

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might do well with the bunk beds, though I can see EM throwing fits cause she can't sleep/jump/fly/tumble off the top one!

Gosh yes. The boys have bunk beds and I had to take them down because she was trying to jump from the tomp bunk.. She had her first gymnastics structured class today. Not too sure. She kept wanting to run around too much... They said she is used to it because thats what they do in the parties we go to... We will see..

Don't worry you can come to mine and va's place to let the kids swim while we do :laundy: by the pool!!

And get booted out without the bands? should be interesting anyway! And what about all the other Limers not staying there? we are only overlapping a few days remember!

Geeze... I go away for a little bit and you guys already posted 9 flipping pages. I got some catching up to do:surfweb:
Oops Sorry MrO I've been busy today hoping to close some of the 100 post you are ahead of me!!

Gosh yes. The boys have bunk beds and I had to take them down because she was trying to jump from the tomp bunk.. She had her first gymnastics structured class today. Not too sure. She kept wanting to run around too much... They said she is used to it because thats what they do in the parties we go to... We will see..
She'll get used to it.. it was Day 1 , I'm sure the next time there will be less running around..

beerbottles.gif

or
dance.gif

Haha hahahhaha!:laughing:

Shoot me, my bad. I am still working on my trip report from more than a month ago. I have almost made it to the point where the announcement was made that a marriage was goning to happen in the House of the Mouse ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo
donaldhead1.gif

kewl!! can't wait. did get part 2 or act 2 today, or was that yesterday? Anyway, it is here!:rotfl2:

:scared: 500!! That will take me forever! But then if I get to 500 and pm Disunc and try the secret handshake on someone and they don't know it.. too funny! Glad to hear you guys know about the Fockers! :)

Don't worry about the 500 posts. It took me forever to finally get it, but I got it last night. (took me since July). Just keep posting away :) If I can do it, anyone can.

Yup it sure is picture this: :surfweb: :happytv: :surfweb:
That is okay when I am wanting sorta background nosie that a re-run is on or American Idol or Deal or No Deal. BUT when I want to watch something like Heros ;) I want to curl up on the couch under my blankie with Tilly on my feet and completely enjoy it :goodvibes

Heroes....:love: monday isn't soon enough. But that is surgery day and I may miss it!!:scared:

Someone sent this to me & I thought it was cute! :goodvibes

Some of you may know that our 14 year old dog, Abbey, died last month (10/23). The day after she died, my 4 year old daughter Meredith was crying and talking about how much she missed Abbey. She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven, God would recognize her.

She dictated and I wrote:
"Dear God,

Will you please take special care of our dog, Abbey? She died yesterday and is in heaven. We miss her very much. We are happy that you let us have her as our dog even though she got sick. I hope that you will play with her. She likes to play with balls and swim before she got sick. I am sending some pictures of her so that when you see her in heaven you will know she is our special dog. But I really do miss her.

Love,
Meredith Claire
ps: Mommy wrote the words after Mer told them to her"

We put that in an envelope with 2 pictures of Abbey, and addressed it to God/Heaven. We put our return address on it. Then Mer stuck some stamps on the front because, as she said, it may take lots of stamps to get a letter all the way to heaven) and that afternoon I let her drop it into the letter box at the post office. For a few days, she would ask if God had gotten the letter yet. I told her that I thought He had. Yesterday, we took the kids to Austin to a natural history museum. When we got back, there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch.
Curious, I went to look at it. It had a gold star card on the front and said "To: Mer" in an unfamiliar hand. Meredith took it in and opened it.
Inside was a book by Mr. Rogers, "When a Pet Dies." Taped to the inside front cover was the letter we had written to God, in its opened envelope (which was marked Return to Sender: Insufficient address). On the opposite page, one of the pictures of Abbey was taped under the words "For Meredith." We turned to the back cover, and there was the other picture of Abbey, and this handwritten note on pink paper:

"Dear Mer,

I know that you will be happy to know that Abbey arrived safely and soundly in Heaven! Having the pictures you sent to me was such a big help.
I recognized Abbey right away. You know, Meredith, she isn't sick anymore.
Her spirit is here with me--just like she stays in your heart--young and running and playing. Abbey loved being your dog, you know. Since we don't need our bodies in heaven, I don't have any pockets!-- so I can't keep
your beautiful letter. I am sending it to you with the pictures so that you will have this book to keep and remember Abbey. One of my angels is taking care of this for me. I hope the little book helps. Thank you for the beautiful letter. Thank your mother for sending it. What a wonderful mother you have! I picked her especially for you. I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much. By the way, I am wherever there is love.

Love,
God,
and the special angel who wrote this after God told her the words."

As a parent and a pet lover, this is one of the kindest things that I've ever experienced. I have no way to know who sent it, but there is some very kind soul working in the dead letter office of the US postal service. ( Just wanted to share this act of compassion :)

Thanks for making me cry. I'm a huge dog lover. DW is too. It nearly killed us when we had to put my wife's dog to sleep a couple years ago. (she had since the dog was 9 weeks old, and she passed at 15yo).

Well it might be a stetch for me, but just maybe I can do it this afternoon. Afterall, it's only 2 PM and Kim doesn't get home til about 6. I've got all afternoon to type away.

And I see you made it. not sure when yet but :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter