~~Part 2 ~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip-or two-or three ~~Off plans 10/11 ~~

You're doing great with your workouts and eating so try not to be too hard on yourself. I know it's easier said than done.

How great that your new shoes came so you can start breaking them in.

I think the color of your hair looks great and suits you.

Allison looks great

I hope you have a great day :hug:

Last edited:
Your hair is really cute. I love the colors.
I like your new shoes. I've never worn van's. I think my daughter had a pair at one time. Personally I like Nike's. Right now I'm wearing my boots. It's finally cool enough to wear them.
I finished the baby quilt yesterday. Most of it got done on Monday while waiting for the plumber to get here and finish installed the hot water tank. It was more than I would have liked but less than Lowes and I got it that day. I used the same people that put in the furnace and a/c.
Tuesday I had to go to the cable company and get a new box. Mine was stuck on app. They also lowered my bill. Today I'm going to Kohl's to look for another pair of work pants and I'll probably stop at Target since it's next door.
Have a good day
Liz

Allison looks really good in that picture. I like the maple tree behind her.

You have fall colors earlier than we do. One nice thing about going to Disney early in October was that I didn't miss any of the fall colors around here. There is always an irony in the fact that Orlando is at its best when the fall colors and spring flowers are at their best here in the Chicago area. We've missed both fall colors and spring flowers here at home in order to get good weather in Orlando. Maybe you'll see what I mean when you are in Florida while the fall colors are gorgeous at home. :)

Your shoes are just perfect! I think I am going to look into making some mine!

I was very interested in your make up packing post. My DD13 (Erin) is really starting to get into using makeup and I want her to use products that enhance rather than distract. The way that you and Allison wear your makeup just looks so natural. I think I will look into investing in some good brushes for Erin. With Christmas coming up before we know it, they might make a good gift for her.

Have a great day!

Your Vans are so darn cute! That picture of Allison is lovely.

Sometimes a relaxed day is just what the doctor ordered. Besides, you'll be doing TONS of walking while you're at Disney! I'm glad you went ahead and made a lanyard for yourself. I was just thinking about something along those lines this morning -- for the first time ever, on my quick trip next month I'm thinking I may not want to carry a purse so we can skip bag check...but then how do I carry my phone? I don't like to put it in my pocket. So I don't know. Something for me to think about...

I really do think your hair looks great. I go four weeks between colorings and that's really too much, but with what I'm paying for a cut/color (cut every four weeks, cut/color every eight) I just can't justify doing the color more frequently. *Sigh* And my hair guy is amazing. I just wish I didn't have so much gray hair! Curses on my Dad and his prematurely gray hair genes.... LOL

I'm so excited for your trip and can't wait to hear all about it!

I think I forgot to mention it but I really love the new 'do. The colors really suit you.

As for your weight frustration, I think it's harder for people to see the change in themselves than for outsiders to see it. You have made enormous strides to better your health. You stick to your workouts & eating better than the majority of the people I know. I obviously can only speak on my experience but for me, getting in better shape is about getting healthy more so than being skinny or a certain weight or a smaller size (although that's always a bonus :) )

I am debating if I want to go grab a small tube of it before we go, or if I just want to use what I have?

Sephora used to carry travel sized tubes of it, although I haven't been in a store for a while. I'm sure you can find it a Ulta too. I think if that's what works best for you, go for it!

It is - hopefully I can find a way to go back some time sooner rather than later... I don't mind going once a year or once every 18 months, but it's nice to KNOW it, rather than not have anything planned. ::yes::

I think that's one thing that will make this trip a little easier than our last trip. We know we're taking a Disney Cruise in 2018 so it will give us something to plan for, especially since neither one of us has ever been on any type of cruise.

I made a cute black/white dotted lanyard for myself, to hang my newly made wallet on, if I choose to carry it that way (thinking maybe at U/S?)

That's such a good idea! I'm always so worried about my wallet falling out of my pockets on rides (had that happen on Star Tours one time...yikes!)

Almost makes me wish I would have tried wearing Vans much sooner in my life. ::yes::

They are super cute! I'm glad they came in on time. How do you think they would fit wide feet? I may look into getting a pair.

Screenshot_2016-10-12-16-29-18.png

Such a cute picture!! Looks like she's totally ready for fall. I love the waves in her hair too.

Thank you for sharing what you pack as far as makeup goes and I love your hair! It is so cute!
I have to thank you for the pixie dust regarding my WDW trip (or lack of one) because it worked! :thanks: My DH finally agreed to a trip. Our youngest daughter has been working on him for awhile. She did a presentation with pictures and music and the whole deal and it was cute so he finally caved. :cool1: You know how dads can be with their little girls.:goodvibes So as soon as he agreed I got some prices together and booked it. I just hope our winter is not as bad as they are saying its going to be so that we can fly without any problems.
Hope you have a great day!

Waiting at airport so I was able to catch up on your report. Hope y'all have a marvelous time! Safe travels!

Hey D. Sorry I don't comment enough but I love reading. Sent you a Facebook friend request (Lisa Smith Obal) bc I didn't think I could wait a week to hear about your trip lol. Feel free to ignore though. I don't want you thinking im a stalker!

Hi D!
Sounds like things are winding down for the trip. I hope all goes smoothly. I know what you mean about the haircolor. I always feel like mine looks too dark immediately after it is done. And it often looks different in pictures than in real life- I think it looks great, but hopefully you will be happier with it in a few days.

I sure hate for you to be down on yourself about your size, but I know as well as anybody that we are all hardest on ourselves. I am very guilty of this. I have to remind myself often that I would never in a million years say the things to another person that I say to myself. I really think it's important to remember that weight issues especially are almost always about things other than food and over-eating, and it's important to take care of ourselves both physically and spiritually. I think your inner transformation is just as impressive as your outer transformation. It has taken so much gumption, will-power, and inner strength to do what you have done. Don't forget that. And don't forget how many lives you have touched in the process, including mine. I hope you can see that when you look in the mirror. :hug:

I was looking back at your PTR and it is amazing- when you started this according to the date, I was pregnant and now I have an 18 month old! Isn't that crazy?! If I don't get to post this weekend, just know that I hope you have an amazing time with Victoria. I have enjoyed being a part of this group, and I am eternally grateful to you for sharing so much of yourself with us. I am looking forward to your TR and I'll be watching FB for your updates. Lots of love to you, D. :donald:

Are you guys doing anything special for MNSSHP? Did i miss that post?
I TOTALLY love the vans!!! I plan on grabbing a pair when we are down there!!! I am shocked you didn't get the toy story ones! especially when they have ANDY on the bottom! hard to pick ONE pair!

The picture of Allison is beautiful! You already know how much i love your girls. They are fantastic young women!!!

Your fine. Quit being so hard on yourself!!! BE PROUD! Of who you are- the Mom you are for raising some of the amazing girls- and a OK wife! <--- HA HA HA HA always have to leave room for improvement somewhere right?? can't all be perfect

Well, we are doing MNSSHP - LOL... I thought that was special in itself. :scratchin Our main goal is the parades, Hallow-wishes, the Hocus Pocus show... We'll detour into a few candy lines as we see them... And I am hoping for a lot of photopass and magic shot photos... No plans to really see any characters, unless we happen up on a line that's short enough - maybe Mickey and Minnie? I'd like to try the cupcake at Gaston's Tavern... Otherwise - we will just enjoy the night and the festivities. It's going to be really awesome to be at MNSSHP again - we haven't been there since 2008 and it's one of our all time favorite Disney memories. :lovestruc

I am definitely eyeing the Toy Story ones - however, not until we get home. Paying for this trip and all of it's extras is enough for now. I am dying for the Woody Vans though - I just love them!

Thank you - I love them both so much too! She starts school in a few weeks and she is very nervous/excited! It's going to be very good for her, I just know it!

Thank you... :hug: I do try hard, it's just been a rough year body-wise for me, and I am trying to pull myself out of it.

Hahahaha... I think we all strive for perfection. :)

Love the shoes - they are so cute! Something you can wear when you're not at Disney and still feel that Disney vibe. I really laughed at the "new fat". I hope you can work through feeling good about how you look. When you post one of your "larger" pictures, it really is an amazing transformation. I've had weight issues since 5th grade (when my parents divorced - hmmmm). I weigh less now than I have in 30+ years but it's still hard to get that fat image out of your head. As you get older I think it's easier - you learn to be more accepting of yourself. You must plan another trip! I'm in the habit of checking your PTR every morning for an update.

Rene'

THanks - I love them too... I wore them all day yesterday and had one hot spot on the back of my right heel. I will be carrying moleskin on my person at all times. ::yes:: I will be totally wearing them every day of my life I think. LOL I love them so much!

Thanks... I've been "hiding" a lot lately, as my view of myself is so skewed right now - I have a hard time looking in the mirror and stlll seeing the person I was - even though I know I don't look like that anymore. It's the most bizarre and trying thing... I know you understand, and I am certain it's a normal thing... I wish it was easier to get past though.

Hehehe... I am working on it... I tried Josh last night - he told me "there are other great places in the world to visit." - I said "No, there isn't." LOL So, that's as far as I got with that one. :scratchin

You're doing great with your workouts and eating so try not to be too hard on yourself. I know it's easier said than done.

How great that your new shoes came so you can start breaking them in.

I think the color of your hair looks great and suits you.

Allison looks great

I hope you have a great day

Thank you... I do really need to figure this out - and it will have to wait until after our trip... Hopefully I can do a little bit of damage control while I am down there though.

I know!!! Sooo excited - I just love them, they sure do make me smile!

Thank you - I did wash it yesterday and now that I was able to work with it a little bit, it doesn't seem as dark to me - which is good. :)

Thanks - same to you Lillian!!!

Your hair is really cute. I love the colors.
I like your new shoes. I've never worn van's. I think my daughter had a pair at one time. Personally I like Nike's. Right now I'm wearing my boots. It's finally cool enough to wear them.
I finished the baby quilt yesterday. Most of it got done on Monday while waiting for the plumber to get here and finish installed the hot water tank. It was more than I would have liked but less than Lowes and I got it that day. I used the same people that put in the furnace and a/c.
Tuesday I had to go to the cable company and get a new box. Mine was stuck on app. They also lowered my bill. Today I'm going to Kohl's to look for another pair of work pants and I'll probably stop at Target since it's next door.
Have a good day
Liz

Thanks - I am feeling much better about it now that I've washed it and styled it on my own.

Thanks!!! I really love them - I have one hot spot on the back of my right heel, otherwise they are super comfy. They are not real supportive - however - I find that my feet aren't as crazy as they used to be when I was bigger - so I am able to get away with semi-non supportive shoes for a little bit, as long as I go back to my Vionic flip flops periodically, I am OK. ::yes::

Congrats on getting the quilt done - that is a HUGE acccomplisment! :woohoo:

I am glad that you were able to get your hot water heater fixed, bummer that it wasn't as cheap as you wanted it to be (I like free, myself) - however, at least you now have hot water. ::yes:: That is a good thing!

Awesome about your cable too and getting a discount - so maybe the new box wasn't such a bad thing afterall?

Thanks Liz - same to you! :lovestruc

Allison looks really good in that picture. I like the maple tree behind her.

You have fall colors earlier than we do. One nice thing about going to Disney early in October was that I didn't miss any of the fall colors around here. There is always an irony in the fact that Orlando is at its best when the fall colors and spring flowers are at their best here in the Chicago area. We've missed both fall colors and spring flowers here at home in order to get good weather in Orlando. Maybe you'll see what I mean when you are in Florida while the fall colors are gorgeous at home.

Thank you - it's fun to see her out there enjoying herself.

Yes - I fear all of our trees will be bare by the time we get home - which is sad, I love this time of year, it's so pretty! I am very much hoping for good weather while we are there... We've been twice in Oct and I remember it being very comfortable... Even mid-November last year was perfect. ::yes:: I am very much looking forward to it!

Your shoes are just perfect! I think I am going to look into making some mine!

I was very interested in your make up packing post. My DD13 (Erin) is really starting to get into using makeup and I want her to use products that enhance rather than distract. The way that you and Allison wear your makeup just looks so natural. I think I will look into investing in some good brushes for Erin. With Christmas coming up before we know it, they might make a good gift for her.

Have a great day!

Thanks!!! I was THRILLED beyond belief when I found them, just regular stock too - not even custom. :woohoo: I am surprised at how comfy they are too...

I am glad that my make-up addiction is helping someone, LOL... Allison started it. Hehehe... Great brushes are key - IMO... I've seen Allison wear some pretty cheap foundation - and I like to think it's her skin - however, I do believe it looks great because of the brushes she uses. I highly recommend Sigma - they have a 2 year warranty on all of their brushes... I purchased the travel set (it was on sale) and then I filled in with other brushes... I think it's the F85 - the flat head kabuki - the best foundation brush ever! ::yes:: I hope you are able to find a set on sale - that is the best way to go. Also, try Youtube for tutorials... Allison follows a girl named Lauren Curtis on there - she is really cute and really knows her stuff... She is fun to listen to too - with her Australian accent. :)

Thanks - same to you! :lovestruc

Your Vans are so darn cute! That picture of Allison is lovely.

Sometimes a relaxed day is just what the doctor ordered. Besides, you'll be doing TONS of walking while you're at Disney! I'm glad you went ahead and made a lanyard for yourself. I was just thinking about something along those lines this morning -- for the first time ever, on my quick trip next month I'm thinking I may not want to carry a purse so we can skip bag check...but then how do I carry my phone? I don't like to put it in my pocket. So I don't know. Something for me to think about...

I really do think your hair looks great. I go four weeks between colorings and that's really too much, but with what I'm paying for a cut/color (cut every four weeks, cut/color every eight) I just can't justify doing the color more frequently. *Sigh* And my hair guy is amazing. I just wish I didn't have so much gray hair! Curses on my Dad and his prematurely gray hair genes.... LOL

I'm so excited for your trip and can't wait to hear all about it!

Thank you - I really love them. I found another pair at the store yesterday that matched my Halloween outfit perfectly... Sadly - they were totally out of my size... I would have purchased them right then and there. LOL

Yes - I think I've been too relaxed this week though. LOL

I really like the lanyard... I wish there was some way I could ditch my bag at Universal - however - we will be carrying Allison's wand with us, so we will have to get a locker regardless... Kind of a bummer - but it will be OK, I think. ::yes::

Thanks! I used to be able to go 8 weeks between colorings, now my max is 5 weeks... I try to alternate though - by doing a full color one time, then the next time I do a root touch up and a cut, just to even out the price a little. Then I try to time the FULL treatment right before trips and holidays - so far, I've been able to do it quite easily.

Thanks - we are really getting excited! :woohoo:

I think I forgot to mention it but I really love the new 'do. The colors really suit you.

As for your weight frustration, I think it's harder for people to see the change in themselves than for outsiders to see it. You have made enormous strides to better your health. You stick to your workouts & eating better than the majority of the people I know. I obviously can only speak on my experience but for me, getting in better shape is about getting healthy more so than being skinny or a certain weight or a smaller size (although that's always a bonus )

Sephora used to carry travel sized tubes of it, although I haven't been in a store for a while. I'm sure you can find it a Ulta too. I think if that's what works best for you, go for it!

I think that's one thing that will make this trip a little easier than our last trip. We know we're taking a Disney Cruise in 2018 so it will give us something to plan for, especially since neither one of us has ever been on any type of cruise.

That's such a good idea! I'm always so worried about my wallet falling out of my pockets on rides (had that happen on Star Tours one time...yikes!)

They are super cute! I'm glad they came in on time. How do you think they would fit wide feet? I may look into getting a pair.

Such a cute picture!! Looks like she's totally ready for fall. I love the waves in her hair too.

Thanks so much! Now that I've styled it, I am feeling much better about the color... It was just feeling really dark that first day.

Thank you - I need to remind myself that this is about my health too - many times lately, I forget about that part. The fact remains that I am the healthiest I've ever been in my adult life, and that is ultimately the goal. Thanks for saying that and reminding me of it. :lovestruc

I was going to buy another tube of Pore-Fessional yesterday, and then I decided not to... I will just use what I have in an effort to try to save some $$. LOL

Yikes!!! I am not sure if I will use the lanyard part of it or not, I figured it was a quick thing to make, so I might as well make one to bring with just in case. ::yes::

I think so... I have pretty wide/flat feet - I think my feet look like stumps because I have NO arch at all. I'd try a pair on at a store that sells them though - just to make double sure. ::yes::

I thought she looked so cute... I love seeing her out and enjoying the weather with her camera. :lovestruc

Thank you for sharing what you pack as far as makeup goes and I love your hair! It is so cute!
I have to thank you for the pixie dust regarding my WDW trip (or lack of one) because it worked! My DH finally agreed to a trip. Our youngest daughter has been working on him for awhile. She did a presentation with pictures and music and the whole deal and it was cute so he finally caved.You know how dads can be with their little girls. So as soon as he agreed I got some prices together and booked it. I just hope our winter is not as bad as they are saying its going to be so that we can fly without any problems.
Hope you have a great day!

You're welcome! I often times think I go overboard - and I probably do... I just know that I am in a lot of pictures on vacation, and I use my Photopass pictures almost daily forever - so, I like to try to look good. LOL

:woohoo: Glad to hear that you get to go back!!! That is so awesome!!! Congrats!!! Are you going soon?

Waiting at airport so I was able to catch up on your report. Hope y'all have a marvelous time! Safe travels!

I've been following your trip on FB - it looks like you had such a wonderful time, and it was so beautiful there. Wishing you safe travels! :lovestruc

Hey D. Sorry I don't comment enough but I love reading. Sent you a Facebook friend request (Lisa Smith Obal) bc I didn't think I could wait a week to hear about your trip lol. Feel free to ignore though. I don't want you thinking im a stalker!

Well hello there old friend! I've been wondering about you! Thanks for the friend request - I accepted it last night. :lovestruc I hope you are well and I look forward to staying connected on FB. :)

Hi D!
Sounds like things are winding down for the trip. I hope all goes smoothly. I know what you mean about the haircolor. I always feel like mine looks too dark immediately after it is done. And it often looks different in pictures than in real life- I think it looks great, but hopefully you will be happier with it in a few days.

I sure hate for you to be down on yourself about your size, but I know as well as anybody that we are all hardest on ourselves. I am very guilty of this. I have to remind myself often that I would never in a million years say the things to another person that I say to myself. I really think it's important to remember that weight issues especially are almost always about things other than food and over-eating, and it's important to take care of ourselves both physically and spiritually. I think your inner transformation is just as impressive as your outer transformation. It has taken so much gumption, will-power, and inner strength to do what you have done. Don't forget that. And don't forget how many lives you have touched in the process, including mine. I hope you can see that when you look in the mirror.

I was looking back at your PTR and it is amazing- when you started this according to the date, I was pregnant and now I have an 18 month old! Isn't that crazy?! If I don't get to post this weekend, just know that I hope you have an amazing time with Victoria. I have enjoyed being a part of this group, and I am eternally grateful to you for sharing so much of yourself with us. I am looking forward to your TR and I'll be watching FB for your updates. Lots of love to you, D.

Thanks - I am liking it much more now that I've washed it and styled it myself - it looks a little less dark to me, which is good.

Yes - you are very right... I am quite hard on myself - I have such high expectations of me, on top of my perfectionist personality - and it does make for a difficult scenario. ::yes:: I need to remember to be kind. :lovestruc I try to see all of the above when I look in the mirror, and I do find it difficult to see past my physical self... However - I will try to work on it, as I do believe how we see ourselves affects the rest of our lives. I've been "hiding" from the camera a lot lately - and that hasn't been good either. I am really planning to work on this once we return from our trip and concentrate on being kinder to myself along with giving myself the grace I allow to others. :hug: Thanks for the pep talk - it helps a lot. :lovestruc

Hahaha... I was just trying to be lazy and cover 3 trips with one PTR - LOL... For the most part, I was successful. :woohoo:

Thank you - I am very much looking forward to sharing our trip with all of you too! And I am hopeful it won't be long before I can start another PTR. ::yes::

***********************************************************************************************************

Alrighty guys... We are getting sooooooooo close!!! :woohoo:

I had a very nice day yesterday - I started off with my heavy lifting... . It was a good lift and I felt really good when I was done.

I had to get ready right away, as Allison and I were meeting Machetld and her sister for coffee... We had such a nice visit, and it was so nice to see her sister again! Sadly - we had to cut our visit short, as we had to pick V up from school.

I ran her home, she changed and then I brought her to work.

When we stopped at home, we found a package on our front porch... My good friend Carol decided to send us some Pixie Dust from Texas. :lovestruc It was so sweet of her to think of us and our upcoming trip... In the box was a jar of salsa for Victoria - Victoria has a "thing" for salsa, which I don't think I've ever talked about here, so there is no way Carol could know about it... V was ELATED to have a jar of salsa. It's the little things right? LOL

Also in the package was the cutest Starbucks "you are here" mug from Texas - the cow on it is soooo cute!!! I just love it!!!

And a GC for Starbucks that V and I can use in Disney! :woohoo: This was such a fun surprise to come home to yesterday!

UGH - and I have great pictures of our goodies, sadly Photobucket is being a pain this morning and won't load for me... I will come back later today and add the pictures if I can get them to load.

Allison met up with some friends for "game night"... So, Josh and I had a night to ourselves.

I decided I didn't want to haul the flowers back outside just yet - so we still have a table full of flowers - which means we went out for dinner at the local bar... It hit the spot as usual. I had a bowl of home made soup (I was cold), and one of their delicious reuben sandwiches... Yes - did eat the bread... Kind of hard to eat a reuben with out. LOL

Josh was kind enough to pick V up from work, as I was super tired.

I feel like I have a full day today - but it's really not too bad.

I will work out this morning.

I also plan to work on getting my carry-ons somewhat organized (I haven't done that at all yet)...

I'll pick V up from school and we'll probably hit Target - as I still need to get socks. LOL

Thankfully she doesn't work tonight, the first Friday in FOREVER...

I am hoping we can go out for dinner tonight too... LOL Or at least, maybe take-out or I can cook something easy? I am already in vacation mode. :lmao:

And that's all for today.

I hope you all have a nice weekend!!! Sending prayers and Pixie Dust out to all of you!

D~

I also plan to work on getting my carry-ons somewhat organized (I haven't done that at all yet)...
That is always the last thing we do, too. I think it is the hardest one to pack because it is so important to "get it right".

I hope you have a great trip. It looks like the weather will be good for traveling. :)

What a nice surprise package to come home to!! I just love those Starbucks mugs...and how fun to have them from so many different places! That's a collection that can take up a lot of cupboard space though lol!! Your trip is getting so close!!! I know what you mean though...the closer it gets...it's exciting but you don't want it to be over...without knowing when you may be back. I have no idea when I will be back...I am thinking perhaps when the new SW land at DHS is ready...might be feasible then...sigh....But you are doing a lot of productive and fun stuff leading up to your trip!!

Well, we are doing MNSSHP - LOL... I thought that was special in itself. :scratchin Our main goal is the parades, Hallow-wishes, the Hocus Pocus show... We'll detour into a few candy lines as we see them... And I am hoping for a lot of photopass and magic shot photos... No plans to really see any characters, unless we happen up on a line that's short enough - maybe Mickey and Minnie? I'd like to try the cupcake at Gaston's Tavern... Otherwise - we will just enjoy the night and the festivities. It's going to be really awesome to be at MNSSHP again - we haven't been there since 2008 and it's one of our all time favorite Disney memories. :lovestruc

I am definitely eyeing the Toy Story ones - however, not until we get home. Paying for this trip and all of it's extras is enough for now. I am dying for the Woody Vans though - I just love them!

Thank you - I love them both so much too! She starts school in a few weeks and she is very nervous/excited! It's going to be very good for her, I just know it!

Thank you... :hug: I do try hard, it's just been a rough year body-wise for me, and I am trying to pull myself out of it.

Hahahaha... I think we all strive for perfection. :)

THanks - I love them too... I wore them all day yesterday and had one hot spot on the back of my right heel. I will be carrying moleskin on my person at all times. ::yes:: I will be totally wearing them every day of my life I think. LOL I love them so much!

Thanks... I've been "hiding" a lot lately, as my view of myself is so skewed right now - I have a hard time looking in the mirror and stlll seeing the person I was - even though I know I don't look like that anymore. It's the most bizarre and trying thing... I know you understand, and I am certain it's a normal thing... I wish it was easier to get past though.

Hehehe... I am working on it... I tried Josh last night - he told me "there are other great places in the world to visit." - I said "No, there isn't." LOL So, that's as far as I got with that one. :scratchin

Thank you... I do really need to figure this out - and it will have to wait until after our trip... Hopefully I can do a little bit of damage control while I am down there though.

I know!!! Sooo excited - I just love them, they sure do make me smile!

Thank you - I did wash it yesterday and now that I was able to work with it a little bit, it doesn't seem as dark to me - which is good. :)

Thanks - same to you Lillian!!!

Thanks - I am feeling much better about it now that I've washed it and styled it on my own.

Thanks!!! I really love them - I have one hot spot on the back of my right heel, otherwise they are super comfy. They are not real supportive - however - I find that my feet aren't as crazy as they used to be when I was bigger - so I am able to get away with semi-non supportive shoes for a little bit, as long as I go back to my Vionic flip flops periodically, I am OK. ::yes::

Congrats on getting the quilt done - that is a HUGE acccomplisment! :woohoo:

I am glad that you were able to get your hot water heater fixed, bummer that it wasn't as cheap as you wanted it to be (I like free, myself) - however, at least you now have hot water. ::yes:: That is a good thing!

Awesome about your cable too and getting a discount - so maybe the new box wasn't such a bad thing afterall?

Thanks Liz - same to you! :lovestruc

Thank you - it's fun to see her out there enjoying herself.

Yes - I fear all of our trees will be bare by the time we get home - which is sad, I love this time of year, it's so pretty! I am very much hoping for good weather while we are there... We've been twice in Oct and I remember it being very comfortable... Even mid-November last year was perfect. ::yes:: I am very much looking forward to it!

Thanks!!! I was THRILLED beyond belief when I found them, just regular stock too - not even custom. :woohoo: I am surprised at how comfy they are too...

I am glad that my make-up addiction is helping someone, LOL... Allison started it. Hehehe... Great brushes are key - IMO... I've seen Allison wear some pretty cheap foundation - and I like to think it's her skin - however, I do believe it looks great because of the brushes she uses. I highly recommend Sigma - they have a 2 year warranty on all of their brushes... I purchased the travel set (it was on sale) and then I filled in with other brushes... I think it's the F85 - the flat head kabuki - the best foundation brush ever! ::yes:: I hope you are able to find a set on sale - that is the best way to go. Also, try Youtube for tutorials... Allison follows a girl named Lauren Curtis on there - she is really cute and really knows her stuff... She is fun to listen to too - with her Australian accent. :)

Thanks - same to you! :lovestruc

Thank you - I really love them. I found another pair at the store yesterday that matched my Halloween outfit perfectly... Sadly - they were totally out of my size... I would have purchased them right then and there. LOL

Yes - I think I've been too relaxed this week though. LOL

I really like the lanyard... I wish there was some way I could ditch my bag at Universal - however - we will be carrying Allison's wand with us, so we will have to get a locker regardless... Kind of a bummer - but it will be OK, I think. ::yes::

Thanks! I used to be able to go 8 weeks between colorings, now my max is 5 weeks... I try to alternate though - by doing a full color one time, then the next time I do a root touch up and a cut, just to even out the price a little. Then I try to time the FULL treatment right before trips and holidays - so far, I've been able to do it quite easily.

Thanks - we are really getting excited! :woohoo:

Thanks so much! Now that I've styled it, I am feeling much better about the color... It was just feeling really dark that first day.

Thank you - I need to remind myself that this is about my health too - many times lately, I forget about that part. The fact remains that I am the healthiest I've ever been in my adult life, and that is ultimately the goal. Thanks for saying that and reminding me of it. :lovestruc

I was going to buy another tube of Pore-Fessional yesterday, and then I decided not to... I will just use what I have in an effort to try to save some $$. LOL

Yikes!!! I am not sure if I will use the lanyard part of it or not, I figured it was a quick thing to make, so I might as well make one to bring with just in case. ::yes::

I think so... I have pretty wide/flat feet - I think my feet look like stumps because I have NO arch at all. I'd try a pair on at a store that sells them though - just to make double sure. ::yes::

I thought she looked so cute... I love seeing her out and enjoying the weather with her camera. :lovestruc

You're welcome! I often times think I go overboard - and I probably do... I just know that I am in a lot of pictures on vacation, and I use my Photopass pictures almost daily forever - so, I like to try to look good. LOL

:woohoo: Glad to hear that you get to go back!!! That is so awesome!!! Congrats!!! Are you going soon?

I've been following your trip on FB - it looks like you had such a wonderful time, and it was so beautiful there. Wishing you safe travels! :lovestruc

Well hello there old friend! I've been wondering about you! Thanks for the friend request - I accepted it last night. :lovestruc I hope you are well and I look forward to staying connected on FB. :)

Thanks - I am liking it much more now that I've washed it and styled it myself - it looks a little less dark to me, which is good.

Yes - you are very right... I am quite hard on myself - I have such high expectations of me, on top of my perfectionist personality - and it does make for a difficult scenario. ::yes:: I need to remember to be kind. :lovestruc I try to see all of the above when I look in the mirror, and I do find it difficult to see past my physical self... However - I will try to work on it, as I do believe how we see ourselves affects the rest of our lives. I've been "hiding" from the camera a lot lately - and that hasn't been good either. I am really planning to work on this once we return from our trip and concentrate on being kinder to myself along with giving myself the grace I allow to others. :hug: Thanks for the pep talk - it helps a lot. :lovestruc

Hahaha... I was just trying to be lazy and cover 3 trips with one PTR - LOL... For the most part, I was successful. :woohoo:

Thank you - I am very much looking forward to sharing our trip with all of you too! And I am hopeful it won't be long before I can start another PTR. ::yes::

***********************************************************************************************************

Alrighty guys... We are getting sooooooooo close!!! :woohoo:

I had a very nice day yesterday - I started off with my heavy lifting... . It was a good lift and I felt really good when I was done.

I had to get ready right away, as Allison and I were meeting Machetld and her sister for coffee... We had such a nice visit, and it was so nice to see her sister again! Sadly - we had to cut our visit short, as we had to pick V up from school.

I ran her home, she changed and then I brought her to work.

When we stopped at home, we found a package on our front porch... My good friend Carol decided to send us some Pixie Dust from Texas. :lovestruc It was so sweet of her to think of us and our upcoming trip... In the box was a jar of salsa for Victoria - Victoria has a "thing" for salsa, which I don't think I've ever talked about here, so there is no way Carol could know about it... V was ELATED to have a jar of salsa. It's the little things right? LOL

Also in the package was the cutest Starbucks "you are here" mug from Texas - the cow on it is soooo cute!!! I just love it!!!

And a GC for Starbucks that V and I can use in Disney! :woohoo: This was such a fun surprise to come home to yesterday!

UGH - and I have great pictures of our goodies, sadly Photobucket is being a pain this morning and won't load for me... I will come back later today and add the pictures if I can get them to load.

Allison met up with some friends for "game night"... So, Josh and I had a night to ourselves.

I decided I didn't want to haul the flowers back outside just yet - so we still have a table full of flowers - which means we went out for dinner at the local bar... It hit the spot as usual. I had a bowl of home made soup (I was cold), and one of their delicious reuben sandwiches... Yes - did eat the bread... Kind of hard to eat a reuben with out. LOL

Josh was kind enough to pick V up from work, as I was super tired.

I feel like I have a full day today - but it's really not too bad.

I will work out this morning.

I'll pick V up from school and we'll probably hit Target - as I still need to get socks. LOL

Thankfully she doesn't work tonight, the first Friday in FOREVER...

I am hoping we can go out for dinner tonight too... LOL Or at least, maybe take-out or I can cook something easy? I am already in vacation mode. :lmao:

And that's all for today.

I hope you all have a nice weekend!!! Sending prayers and Pixie Dust out to all of you!

D~

You are very welcome. We all need a reminder sometimes :)

And a GC for Starbucks that V and I can use in Disney!

Woot woot!! That worked out perfectly!

I tried working on this last night. I'm going to have to go shopping again this weekend because I forgot a few things.

I am already in vacation mode. :lmao:

You and me both! I still have 5 more days though lol

Vacation is about the only time we get a picture as a family so I "try" to look good. lol Sometimes I even take stuff in our backpack to freshen up a bit when I get a chance.
We are going in January this time. I have never been in January so I am hoping it will be good weather. Typically we go in September. It's always so HOT then. Most of the pictures of us look like we are melting. :)
Hope you have a great weekend!

Happy Friday Dorine! Best of all Happy Friday before Disney! I am so excited for you and Victoria. Cannot wait to see this trip unfold!!

You have made my morning about Victoria and salsa; we eat salsa on just about everything at our house. Let me know how she likes this one!! And I want to see a pic of you and Victoria with a pumpkin something or another at Starbucks Disney when you post!!

Take care Dorine! Have an amazing, wonderful, awesome, incredible time with your daughter.

Love and a huge hug!!!

So, I have been MIA for a few days (okay, okay, more like a week)...but I come back and can't see any of your pictures!! I NEED to see that wallet lol!
Have a FABULOUS trip!

I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to read your trip report. I love my Vans. I think you'll be surprised how comfy they are for a day of walking. And they are super cute!

That is always the last thing we do, too. I think it is the hardest one to pack because it is so important to "get it right".

I hope you have a great trip. It looks like the weather will be good for traveling. :)

I agree - although this time, my carry ons are not as full as usual. It's making me think that I forgot something. I hope not.

Thanks! We are very much looking forward to it! :lovestruc

What a nice surprise package to come home to!! I just love those Starbucks mugs...and how fun to have them from so many different places! That's a collection that can take up a lot of cupboard space though lol!! Your trip is getting so close!!! I know what you mean though...the closer it gets...it's exciting but you don't want it to be over...without knowing when you may be back. I have no idea when I will be back...I am thinking perhaps when the new SW land at DHS is ready...might be feasible then...sigh....But you are doing a lot of productive and fun stuff leading up to your trip!!

I know it was fun!!! I am hoping I can get photobucket to work today, so I can share the pictures with you all.

Hahaha... Yes - I am still working on a way to display them, and a way to do my entire coffee bar area - I am still on the hunt for a perfect cabinet, until then - they are in my China hutch. ::yes:: I love it though - every one of them has been a gift, so fond memories attached. :lovestruc

Yes - that is the difficult part. Hopefully both of us will make it back sooner rather than later. ::yes::

You are very welcome. We all need a reminder sometimes

Woot woot!! That worked out perfectly!

I tried working on this last night. I'm going to have to go shopping again this weekend because I forgot a few things.

You and me both! I still have 5 more days though lol

Have fun shopping - I love trip shopping. LOL

Safe travels to you!!! :lovestruc

Vacation is about the only time we get a picture as a family so I "try" to look good. lol Sometimes I even take stuff in our backpack to freshen up a bit when I get a chance.
We are going in January this time. I have never been in January so I am hoping it will be good weather. Typically we go in September. It's always so HOT then. Most of the pictures of us look like we are melting.
Hope you have a great weekend!

I know the feeling - minus Josh in my case though. LOL

Well - be prepared for it to be COLD. 50° in FL feels like 20° everywhere else, it feels much colder than one would think it would feel. That was the toughest part for us.

Thanks - same to you!!!

Happy Friday Dorine! Best of all Happy Friday before Disney! I am so excited for you and Victoria. Cannot wait to see this trip unfold!!

You have made my morning about Victoria and salsa; we eat salsa on just about everything at our house. Let me know how she likes this one!! And I want to see a pic of you and Victoria with a pumpkin something or another at Starbucks Disney when you post!!

Take care Dorine! Have an amazing, wonderful, awesome, incredible time with your daughter.

Love and a huge hug!!!

Thanks Carol - we are very excited! :woohoo:

LOL - I need to start gifting her with salsa - I've never seen her so excited. Cracked me up. LOL

Definitely - we will be ordering lots of pumpkin everything in WDW! Thanks so much!

Thank you Carol - it's going to be an amazing trip - I just know it! :lovestruc

So, I have been MIA for a few days (okay, okay, more like a week)...but I come back and can't see any of your pictures!! I NEED to see that wallet lol!
Have a FABULOUS trip!

Hahaha - welcome back! It's good to see you again!!

I think you couldn't see any of my pictures because Photobucket was being a pain yesterday - try to look at them again today. ::yes::

Thanks - we will! :lovestruc

I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to read your trip report. I love my Vans. I think you'll be surprised how comfy they are for a day of walking. And they are super cute!

Thanks - I am excited to share it here!

I hope so - I have the one rub spot which will have to be mole skinned for the first day or two... Hopefully it won't be too bad though - I am looking forward to wearing them. ::yes::

*********************************************************************************************************

I worked out yesterday - it was a good work out.

I was on the computer yesterday morning for far too long - so I was running behind all day.

I was able to sort through my carry ons... They are both not nearly as full as usual - which is making me think I am forgetting something. I hope not.

I went to town early and had lunch at Chipotle - it was so busy there!

I picked V up from school and we also had Starbucks.

Then we went to get our nails done... She wanted to do a nice glitter decoration on them, sadly the salon didn't have the color of glitter she wanted, so she just went with all black - they do look very nice, I think. :lovestruc

20161014_170857.jpg

We came home and had dinner... I cleaned all of the flowers off of my table, finally. They are just thrown on the porch... it was SUPER windy last night, and they were protected there. It is what it is, I guess. LOL

I wanted to share the pictures of the Pixie Dust from Carol - as Photobucket was being not nice yesterday... Everything was so cute and it was just such a nice surprise! :lovestruc

20161013_150141.jpg

20161013_150048.jpg

Seriously - the cow on that mug... LOL Isn't it just cute??? (oh no, it's half cut off - I didn't realize that...)

No big plans for the weekend here... A bit of cleaning this morning and hopefully a nice nap. I am up entirely too early - I couldn't sleep.

Have a great weekend all! Sending prayers and Pixie Dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter