Pin Addiction!

Wooooo i just bought my first trader pack!! :banana: :banana: :banana: Just 10- thats all i can afford right now :laughing: But it should do me well for trying my 'first trading' next month! :cool1: It's so exciting LOL and i cant wait till they arrive to see which ones they are.

Ashleigh x

Need to snag myself one of those grab bags too. just need to wait to get paid *sigh*

seems the UK section of the boards organising a meetup at a TGI's in reading on Oct 24th. would that be relativly easy for people to do a mini pin meet?

or is there another one planned between now and then like the june one?

Need to snag myself one of those grab bags too. just need to wait to get paid *sigh*

seems the UK section of the boards organising a meetup at a TGI's in reading on Oct 24th. would that be relativly easy for people to do a mini pin meet?

Im unable to go to that meet as its a few days before my DD's birthday so i will be taking her out instead.

Man... I can't make that meet, I'll have just got settled at uni.

Wooooo i just bought my first trader pack!! :banana: :banana: :banana: Just 10- thats all i can afford right now :laughing: But it should do me well for trying my 'first trading' next month! :cool1: It's so exciting LOL and i cant wait till they arrive to see which ones they are.

Ashleigh x

Did you get them off that seller? I realised his postage is cheaper to the Uk then to the States :lmao:

Providing the total cost is £18 or under you will not be hit for customs charges:goodvibes

Over that it depends on whether the package gets chosen when it gets to Mount Plesant in London to whether you get charged or not.

Providing the total cost is £18 or under you will not be hit for customs charges:goodvibes

Over that it depends on whether the package gets chosen when it gets to Mount Plesant in London to whether you get charged or not.

All my items have been marked as gifts aswell, i had one item sent over from the states that was about £65 and was never charged at customs. Thankgod :rotfl:

Does it not depend on exactly what you're importing? I would have thought souvenir badges would be ok, because I always thought it was things like cigarettes, alcohol, perfumes etc (all the things you can buy cheaply in duty free) which were subject to import charges.

its pure pot luck. I've imported items for some sports from china and the USA in the past. Whether the item gets stopped seems to be what kind of mood their in. There do seem a few constants.

1. if it comes via the regular airmail as opposed to a special courier you stand a better chance of it making it through. 2. the larger the package the more chance they will stop it. 3. if its marked as a gift its got a better chance of getting through.

Once they stop it though you can send them a ebay print out and paypal receipt to show its true value and they'll release it. I've imported probably over 1000 items during the last few years and can count on 2 hands the number of items stopped. So dont panic too much :)

Well, the last 2 times we've bought pins from the US we've been stuck for customs fees. The last time was about £150 worth of pins but the seller put the value as over £200 so it got checked, although, the good thing being that they stuck 12 more pins in the package for us, but not enough to make up for £30 worth of charges.

Does it not depend on exactly what you're importing? I would have thought souvenir badges would be ok, because I always thought it was things like cigarettes, alcohol, perfumes etc (all the things you can buy cheaply in duty free) which were subject to import charges.

Anything over £18 is liable for a customs charge. Depending on what it is to the amount you pay. I think he only thing that doesn't have VAT & customs is baby/childrens items.

Never really been interested in pins till I saw some of them on pinpics and browsing on ebay. Might have to take a bit of extra cash with me next week so I can buy some. How much do they usually sell for in the park?

Never really been interested in pins till I saw some of them on pinpics and browsing on ebay. Might have to take a bit of extra cash with me next week so I can buy some. How much do they usually sell for in the park?

Standard pins are 6 euros each I believe.

Standard pins are 6 euros each I believe.
Yup, $6.95 in Orlando and Anaheim though - once again we get to pay double!

So I just buy ones I like in DLRP and get a load of cheapo's off ebay to trade when there..

Yup, $6.95 in Orlando and Anaheim though - once again we get to pay double!

So I just buy ones I like in DLRP and get a load of cheapo's off ebay to trade when there..

Wow, that's like £1 extra at DLRP then.

I jsut got my tinkerbell pin bag!!

It's awesome! Can't wait to put all my pins in it later!!

Did you get them off that seller? I realised his postage is cheaper to the Uk then to the States :lmao:

I was going to but then came across a bidding one which i won, it worked out a tiny bit cheaper. Not by much though LOL. But the seller seemed good and she dispatched them the next morning. I would consider buying from the seller you mentioned though in the future... i.e when i have more money :laughing:

Ashleigh x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter