Poll: Do you wear Disney themed clothes when you're there? And thoughts on what I should wear?

Do you wear Disney themed clothes to the parks?

• Yes, always

Votes: 109 30.6%
  • No, never

Votes: 35 9.8%
  • Sometimes, I mix it up with Disney and non Disney throughout the trip

Votes: 212 59.6%

• Total voters
I usually do a mix of both. I've got some small shop designed tank tops that I wear, some disney branded stuff, and we usually do a bit more disneybounding if anything!

I'm a mix!

I love dresses, but I don't have eight different Disney-themed dresses for every day in the park. So, I have to switch things up a bit.

For example, How to Train Your Dragon isn't a Disney IP, but I happen to love the way this dress looks on me, so I'm packing it for my next Disney vacation. (I wore it to church once, and the older ladies kept complimenting me on my "cats", ha!)

17046111_how-to-train-your-dragon-toothless_t1a0f662.jpg

On the other hand, I do have some proper Disney dresses. Kingdom Hearts, Little Mermaid... definitely packing those.

I also have some fun dresses that have Ms. Frizzle-style stars and galaxies on them. One even glows in the dark! So, those are coming along on the trip, for sure. I can't wait to see the glow in the dark one on some of the dark rides!

My plain sea-green lace dress, paired with a sparkly hot pink headband, got me addressed as "Mermaid" all day, when I wore it to the Magic Kingdom once. I think I accidentally Disneybounded! :laughing: So, I'm looking forward to trying that again.

And I've got a black lace dress, that I think will go very well with a pair of classic Minnie ears I acquired at our church's Fall fair. That particular dress does have a lace skull on the back (which clashes a bit, thematically), but I have long hair and no one ever notices the skull unless I pull my hair up and point it out.

I have some ridiculous baby-pastel beribboned headbands that a dear old friend of mine bought me, and I want to wear them because I do love him, but I really can't wear them around town and still retain any amount of dignity. Not at my age, anyway. So, instead, I'll wear them at Disney, take some pictures and send them to him. Because who needs dignity, when you're at Disney?

The way I see it, Disney is one of the few places I can really have fun dressing up. No one knows me, and if they're silently judging me for my fashion choices... so what? I'll never see them again.

And one of the things I love most about Disney are the interactions I have with Castmembers and guests, and I've found over the years that a cool, unusual t-shirt or dress is a great way to spark conversation. I've worn Disney patterned sneakers and had strangers comment on them while riding the bus to the parks. I've worn Doctor Who tees and had castmembers engage me in conversation about the show, point out a hidden Tardis in the Magic of Disney Animation show (it's gone now), and warn me to keep an eye on the statues in Italy! I once had a security guard chase me down to tell me that the artist who'd drawn the Disney-themed t-shirt I was wearing, had visited that very same park, just the day before! And I have a ton of other stories, just the same.

So I think you should wear whatever makes you happiest, and will make you feel good!

I always bring whatever Disney clothing I happen to have in my regular wardrobe along with me. I have a couple fitted Mickey Mouse tees that are actually pretty flattering! And I've gotten compliments on the shorts I've sewed for myself from licensed fabric.

I even bring my Disney nightshirt, even though nobody but my family will see it! It just keeps me in the Disney mood. If you felt like it, you could wear the shirts that are too big for you now as pajamas!

It's happened a few times that if I meet a fur character whose picture is on my shirt, they'll point at it and act excited.

I have a bunch of t-shirts from TeePublic. There are tons of great, subtle Disney designs on there. I wear those t-shirts regularly since they aren't overtly "Disneyish".

I always bring whatever Disney clothing I happen to have in my regular wardrobe along with me. I have a couple fitted Mickey Mouse tees that are actually pretty flattering! And I've gotten compliments on the shorts I've sewed for myself from licensed fabric.

I even bring my Disney nightshirt, even though nobody but my family will see it! It just keeps me in the Disney mood. If you felt like it, you could wear the shirts that are too big for you now as pajamas!

It's happened a few times that if I meet a fur character whose picture is on my shirt, they'll point at it and act excited.

I bring my Disney pjs, too! :thumbsup2

Yes, and I love it! My sister and I tried to do coordinating outfits on our last trip (Disneybounding as much as possible). I got most shirts from Etsy, which has an awesome selection and it feels good to help small businesses. But I also picked some up from Disneyland before our trip. But it really helped make our trip a full Disney experience and we got lots of compliments along the way. I've already bookmarked lots of shirts I want to wear for my upcoming trips.

Joy and Sadness (my shirt says "Adulting Sucks":
upload_2018-1-12_10-20-42.png

Pooh & Tigger
upload_2018-1-12_10-23-45.png

I'm her Anna and I'm her Elsa:
upload_2018-1-12_10-25-5.png

C3PO and R2-D2
upload_2018-1-12_10-27-17.png

Misc Disney Shirts
upload_2018-1-12_10-22-43.png upload_2018-1-12_10-25-44.png upload_2018-1-12_10-26-12.png

Always Disney clothing at WDW. Usually Disney clothing at home, probably about 340 days a year. I have quite a few to choose from.:)

I wear Disney shirts most days because that is the only place I wear them! I have some favorite Epcot shirts. If it's too hot like in the summer I wear some sleeveless tanks instead. I have been collecting Tshirts since our first trip in 1998. A few of the early ones are too big now, which makes me sad. My year 2000 Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand is one I am sad about.

Let me as you all this - what is the conventional thinking on wearing DisneyLAND gear at DisneyWORLD?

DLR is our primary and our most recent trips have been there. We have some gear that is DLR specific branded.
Is there a competition between WDW and DLR?
Is it frowned upon to wear DLR at WDW?

thanks in advance.

I really don't imagine anyone would object! Who exactly would be frowning upon this? I have a Disneyland T-shirt I wear in Disney World.

I wear Disney shirts most days because that is the only place I wear them! I have some favorite Epcot shirts. If it's too hot like in the summer I wear some sleeveless tanks instead. I have been collecting Tshirts since our first trip in 1998. A few of the early ones are too big now, which makes me sad. My year 2000 Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand is one I am sad about.

I really don't imagine anyone would object! Who exactly would be frowning upon this? I have a Disneyland T-shirt I wear in Disney World.
How about making a quilt out of the ones that are too big now?

I always bring my Disney t-shirts, and PJs too. Just got a pair of Mickey print shorts with a matching t-shirt, and the same with Stitch :)

I’m doing a mix for our visit in Feb. - the Disney shirts I ordered are all from Etsy. I got the whole fam matching shirts with mommy/daddy and then the kids names (I know people have mixed feeings on these haha). I got DH and I shirts for Epcot that have mickey and Minnie and say “cheers” on them. I got the kids matching shirts that say “I’m just here for the snacks” and there’s a mickey pretzel, dole whip, etc on them. The days I have a Disney shirt on I’ll probably just wear a flannel or fleece on top depending on the weather. The days I wear “regular” clothes I think I will just wear mouse ears. I got us a variety pack on amazon for only like $12! There are some plain black ones and then some pink/red/purple glitter ones. I also got the kids Disney fleeces on sale ($12 each- Cars and Rapunzel).

I'm assuming the kid(s) are getting too old for the matching shirt thing?

Sadly, yes. I’m going to try more coordinating and less matching next time. The one kind of shirt they all DO still like are the tie-dye Mickeys and that’s a fun thing to do together, too. So, there’s still a little fun for me. :D

I bought dated, matching T-shirts for DD and I on our 2014 trip. We wear them on weekends and definitely pack them on trips. I took photos I had taken from our 2014 trip and had them put on T-shirts for our 2016 trip. Also matching and two different photos with a cute little caption in a Disney font. My daughter had other cute Disney clothes, but I just wore regular the rest of the time. I will have to rethink things for our 2018 trip, though. I have lost 30 lbs and plan to lose another 30 before our trip and DD has grown so much her T-shirts still fit, but barely meet the waistband of her pants, so she can't put her arms up without showing her tummy!

I think I'll look into the Disney bounding as I begin to purchase new summer clothes!

I have some Disney items that I mix and match with other favorites depending on the weather/season we are there. I always wear my Mickey earrings and necklace and my Disney charm bracelet. I'm more about comfort while I'm there, so sometimes a favorite sundress or tunic feels better. At least the jewelry adds a little Disney to the outfit. Have fun on your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!