Princess Weekend 2024!

Disney is transforming the cabins to DVC, and I don't know when they'll start. With all that going on, they may not be the best option for a runcation.

Yes, you're right. I remembered that after I asked this question. I never thought it was a possibility before, so the DVC transformation didn't stay at the top of mind.

Now I've had another thought. Has anyone here stayed at Boulder Ridge for a race weekend?

Does anyone know the schedule for the weekend? Where the run route is and what might be closing in the parks?
TYIA

Does anyone know the schedule for the weekend? Where the run route is and what might be closing in the parks?
TYIA

With the usual caveat that "it can all change so don't consider it a done deal", the answer to all your questions is to look at the information guide for last year. The courses rarely change much. Disney re-uses the event guide website, so the guide for 2023 is long gone, and I can't find anything from Wayback Machine, so you will have to do a search to see if anyone archived it. Else, here's 1 link where you can get an idea of what 2023 was like.

https://noguiltdisney.com/2023-prin...-course-maps-event-guide-waivers-and-corrals/

Also, check out the thread for last year's race. Here is a link to where some event guide details were published.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/princess-weekend-2023-feb-23-26-2023.3873904/post-64597161

As for "what might be closing in the parks", if you mean before/during the race, the answer is nothing. The races don't affect park offerings since they start early.

The event guide for next year's race won't come out til a few weeks before the event.

With the usual caveat that "it can all change so don't consider it a done deal", the answer to all your questions is to look at the information guide for last year. The courses rarely change much. Disney re-uses the event guide website, so the guide for 2023 is long gone, and I can't find anything from Wayback Machine, so you will have to do a search to see if anyone archived it. Else, here's 1 link where you can get an idea of what 2023 was like.

https://noguiltdisney.com/2023-prin...-course-maps-event-guide-waivers-and-corrals/

Also, check out the thread for last year's race. Here is a link to where some event guide details were published.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/princess-weekend-2023-feb-23-26-2023.3873904/post-64597161

As for "what might be closing in the parks", if you mean before/during the race, the answer is nothing. The races don't affect park offerings since they start early.

The event guide for next year's race won't come out til a few weeks before the event.
Thank you!!

i just checked my sw flights for princess and saved 94.00!!!!!!!!!!! I could have saved more if I downgraded my fair but i'm happy w 94.00. friend saved 54.00 ow
Big Thanks! I just saved $/Pts on our flights for marathon and Princess weekends!

Now I've had another thought. Has anyone here stayed at Boulder Ridge for a race weekend?
I stayed there for MW this year. Beautiful relaxing resort. Bus transportation to the races was not my favorite because we went to contemporary too in the morning. That just stressed me out. Great hot tubs for recovery!

When I ran the challenge in 2018, I remember there being a Jeff Galloway training calendar that I subscribed to in order to following his training plan. Does one exist for this years race?

When I ran the challenge in 2018, I remember there being a Jeff Galloway training calendar that I subscribed to in order to following his training plan. Does one exist for this years race?
If you go on RunDisneys sight there are calendars for training but they are generic and not race specific so you need to count backwards

Ok so I did a thing. I was 0 planning on doing Princess since I didn't want to spend another Canadian winter training for a half marathon, and it didn't fit with our school break schedule. I was going to go for Springtime instead. And then yesterday I learned that DD would have her last cheer comp the same weekend as STS.

When the challenge opened up this morning, I just jumped on it. So Springtime is out, Princess is in! Eeeep!!!

Now I just need to cross my fingers for the 5k opening back up, I would so love an Ariel medal

I registered late for the Challenge, and now I'm really curious about maybe doing Yoga.

Is there any chance that spots might open? Is it worth stalking the RunDisRegStatus account?

I registered late for the Challenge, and now I'm really curious about maybe doing Yoga.

Is there any chance that spots might open? Is it worth stalking the RunDisRegStatus account?
It could happen. I got my yoga spot the first year on the day after they released the course maps and everything

What up, Running Royalty? It's so quiet in here! Hopefully we are next for a medal reveal. I'd love to see the Coast to Coast medals too.
Editing to add that some AP discounts were announced that include Jan-Mar. Don't know if they block out Princess Weekend.
Last year they revealed the Princess weekend medals on October 10, so hopefully we are less than a month away from seeing the 2024 medals!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter