Questions about ABD California Backstage Magic

Which evening experiences are included with the tour? The daily itinerary on the ABD site mentions vip viewing of the afternoon parade, fireworks, and world of color. Does that mean that you are on your own for seeing fantasmic and paint the night? This trip will be my first time at Disneyland and I want to see as much as possible, so I'm trying to decide on my priorities for the on my own time.

During the non-peak times of the year F! doesn't show nightly and is only on the weekends. Maybe that is why they don't explicitly list it...? Paint the night is on hiatus and doesn't start again until April 13th when the Pixar Fest starts I think. When are you going?

I'm booked for the October 21st trip. I know it's still a ways away, but my brain is used to WDW planning. It wants to be in a planning mode with a disney trip coming, especially since I'm not familiar with DL as I am with WDW. And fantasmic at HS is one of my favorite shows, so I really want to see the DL Version.

I'm booked for the October 21st trip. I know it's still a ways away, but my brain is used to WDW planning. It wants to be in a planning mode with a disney trip coming, especially since I'm not familiar with DL as I am with WDW. And fantasmic at HS is one of my favorite shows, so I really want to see the DL Version.
We saw Fantasmic together as a group - but I don't know if that was a "surprise" or preplanned. My advice is not to go in "WDW Planning Mode" on this ABD. Let it happen. You can't see everything but you'll have time to see a lot. :thumbsup2

Going in October you may get to go to a Halloween party as a group. We did last year. We didn’t have a chance to see Fantasmic though.

We're booked on the same ABD! it's my 1st time doing BSM as well and I'm also the WDW planner. Hopefully things will work out (currently working thru medical issues with my dad) & we'll see you in Oct!

I'm a major packing planner so I'm already making a list for my trip which isn't until July. For anyone who has done this before, can you let me know if there's any night (like maybe the farewell dinner since Carthay Circle seems kinda fancy) where dressing up might be recommended? Trying to side if I need to bring a dress just in case...

I'm a major packing planner so I'm already making a list for my trip which isn't until July. For anyone who has done this before, can you let me know if there's any night (like maybe the farewell dinner since Carthay Circle seems kinda fancy) where dressing up might be recommended? Trying to side if I need to bring a dress just in case...
You won’t feel out of place at Carthay Circle wearing theme park clothes, but I understand why you’d want to dress up a little bit. I don’t know what ABD has planned for you, but we went right from the dinner to the World of Color show — so more theme park time. At least wear comfortable shoes!

You won’t feel out of place at Carthay Circle wearing theme park clothes, but I understand why you’d want to dress up a little bit. I don’t know what ABD has planned for you, but we went right from the dinner to the World of Color show — so more theme park time. At least wear comfortable shoes!

That helps a lot! Thanks so much!!

It's been a few years since we did BSM, but people dressed up a little bit going to Carthay Circle. But as was mentioned, we went to WoC afterwards, so wear comfortable shoes!

It's been a few years since we did BSM, but people dressed up a little bit going to Carthay Circle. But as was mentioned, we went to WoC afterwards, so wear comfortable shoes!

We just went in February - same thing - be comfortable! (and in our case, we needed to be WARM too! lol)

Does anyone know the room categories ABD puts guests in at Grand Californian and Loews? I know they are all "generic" rooms (not suites), but just wondering what view category. Thanks!

Does anyone know the room categories ABD puts guests in at Grand Californian and Loews? I know they are all "generic" rooms (not suites), but just wondering what view category. Thanks!
I’ve taken 5 of these tours (crazy, I know), and I’ve only gotten what I would describe as a “garden view,” which looks out to the Monorail, and a room that overlooks the main driveway. I liked the Monorail view because it was so peaceful. The driveway room was horrendous in the morning. We woke up every day to cabbies talking loudly/arguing. When the BSM stayed at the DLH last year, we were in the Frontierland tower with a pool view. Very nice!

I found the Loews views varied trip to trip, but most were great. Our favorite looked out to the Magic Castle with Yamashiro sitting pretty on the hill. And, yes, you can see the Hollywood sign from many of the rooms.

When we took the tour in 2016, our rooms were on the 2nd or 3rd floor right off the lobby looking over the pool. At the Loews we could see the Hollywood sign from our rooms.

We've been on several BSM's and the rooms at the GC have always been run of the mill views. Think monorail or courtyard.

At Loews its kind of the luck of the draw. Sometimes you get a room on an upper floor with a view of the Hollywood sign. Other times you might be on a lower floor looking just over the rooftops at the pool.

When I went in 2009 and 2015, the room I had at Loews looked out onto Hollywood Blvd with view of pool.
At the GCH, in 2009 I had a partial park view of DCA, everyone else on tour had parking lot view. In 2015, all guests had pool view.
Hoping in August for pool view again. I didn't have to walk as far from the lobby on a long day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter