Refillable mugs=no drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the problem; there is NO policy. It is a courtesy that has been extended in the past. Your dining plan POLICY is one entrée and one drink. Period. Everyone needs to consider getting anything other than that a dose of pixie dust.

Exactly. When you book a dining plan you really need to be okay with the plan structure. If you book it planning to make changes you may be very upset. Disney has a habit of pulling back any "courtesy" changes without any notice because the swaps were not every officially sanctioned.

We just got back from Pop and they do not allow a substitution. We asked a cast member about that and she told us it was the policy of a new manager and they changed the policy about a month ago. She said Pop was the only resort that did not allow a substitution.

So glad to hear that you can swap out your drink for snack at All Star resorts. Works perfectly for my upcoming trip.

We just got back from Pop and they do not allow a substitution. We asked a cast member about that and she told us it was the policy of a new manager and they changed the policy about a month ago. She said Pop was the only resort that did not allow a substitution.
Wow, that's really crummy. I guess we will be eating at AoA this trip more than at Pop.

Exactly. When you book a dining plan you really need to be okay with the plan structure. If you book it planning to make changes you may be very upset. Disney has a habit of pulling back any "courtesy" changes without any notice because the swaps were not every officially sanctioned.
Yes, I totally agree. Last year when we booked our trip (for this August), we thought that we could make the exchange - I *think* it was allowed in the old DDP brochure but worded maybe that it was 'up to discretion' of each restaurant. Then we couldn't make the swaps at Pop last week. It was disappointing but not surprising because I follow these boards and knew that it might not be allowed. It would be frustrating for those who don't follow here and were surprised when they arrived. At least we were able to go to AoA and make the switch, so it was ok:-)

Wow, that's really crummy. I guess we will be eating at AoA this trip more than at Pop.
We did this last week. We had a room at POP near the bridge and really didn't take much longer to walk to AoA than it did to Pop food court. We swapped drinks for gelato, smoothies, big turtle cupcakes, Mickey Bars :thumbsup2 Hopefully you are still able to make this swap at AoA. We like the food at AoA better than Pop anyway.

I've been told today that POFQ do not either.

Apologies if this is a stupid question but is the brouchure for you is different to the eu one? The Irish 2017 QSDP PDF still says that you can at certain places?

https://www.disneyholidays.ie/walt-disney-world/downloads/?file=Disney+Quick-Service+Dining+Plan+(2017).pdf

Its on the 3rd page of that PDF. I plan to carry a copy with me since I am staying at POP.

• One (1) Nonalcoholic Beverage*
*May be substituted for any item that is an eligible snack at the location.

Well that does suck. I only plan to eat 2 meals at the resort so its no a big deal

We did this last week. We had a room at POP near the bridge and really didn't take much longer to walk to AoA than it did to Pop food court. We swapped drinks for gelato, smoothies, big turtle cupcakes, Mickey Bars :thumbsup2 Hopefully you are still able to make this swap at AoA. We like the food at AoA better than Pop anyway.
Fyi....We've been at Pop all week and could not sub, however we did at AoA multiple times, including tonight. We also subd at Contemporary no problem.

I like to grab the milks for the drink at meals when using my mug. Then I put them in the fridge. Often my kids just want a muffin for breakfast with milk, so I use the snack credit for breakfast, and they have the milk already.

No problems at ASSp. We used them for dessert and got brownie sundaes or freshly made ice cream sandwiches.

They allowed us to swap the drink for a dessert at ASMu and AoA on our last trip (Aug2017). As a matter of fact, they insisted when we first bought a meal at ASMu. We didn't think you could do that anymore and the CM said yes, just at resorts because we already had the mugs. I asked in the parks and at DS just for the heck of it and was told no.

No problems at ASSp. We used them for dessert and got brownie sundaes or freshly made ice cream sandwiches.
So do they have regular hand dipped ice cream? Honestly, we're running out of resorts that do and as ridiculous as it sounds, makes a difference for us lol.

thanks for the updates on this - we are staying at AoA starting Sunday so I am glad to hear they are allowing the substitutions! fingers crossed that will last through the next week!

Has anyone done substitutions at POFQ ?
Yes, we did, with no problems. This was last month. Once I picked up water as I wanted some for the room, and the cast member actually told me I could swap that for a snack if I was using a refillable mug. I overheard several cast members saying this to other guests too. I often swapped the drink for the little pots of fruit and veggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter