Resale Resorts Riv eligibility

...the reservation system which separates them for reserving.
Kidani and Jambo are listed separately.

When you select "all resorts" on the RAT, it very clearly displays "16 resorts" for your search. Also, the list of resorts to select from matches the list from those recent ROFR documents exactly (including having Jambo and Kidani listed separately). So I can see how someone could become confused about which resorts were or were not included as "current" resorts when preparing the ROFR documents if they relied on a similar list of what the existing resorts are.

I have my suspicions about some of the regular posters on this forum to be honest. :rolleyes1

The original source that broke this story publicly said that they noticed the change in wording immediately on 8/11/2020, but they kept quiet about it because they assumed DVC had an announcement coming soon and they would just allow DVC to make the official announcement. But then buyers started getting their paperwork, noticing the change in wording, and asking about it. That is what prompted the original source to go public with the fact that the wording changed on 8/11/2020. I just wanted to add that since I don’t think its been part of this thread yet.

My personal, optimistic theory is that yes, the resale restrictions are going to be lifted, but DVC hoped they could keep it quiet until the blue card minimum increases to 125. That would allow them to capitalize on new sales. @TexasChick123 may be right that there are legal reasons the ROFR waiver had to be the first paperwork to change, and they did this quietly. Maybe they thought nobody would notice, or maybe they had no choice. It seems the original source of this story DID notice, and they kept quiet about it for an awfully long time, so its not crazy to think DVC could have made that change to the wording and hoped that they could keep it quiet until they could make the announcement at the most advantageous time.

I have an AKV resale contract, technically with Kidani. I will say it was strange that last night it was allowing me to see Riviera, but would say no resort available once I tried to proceed with the booking. Checking today that is no longer the case. Riviera doesn't show up at all. Like I said, strange.

I did also double check and was able to book at both Kidani and Jambo at 7+ months.

Last edited:
If I were with DVC, I'd already be fired for telling everyone to buy resale LOL. And I wouldn't be here screaming about this booking crap that should be handled in the member services chat.

But there are a few people missing from this thread...

Well, maybe it does for you, Mr. Blue Card. That's the whole point. Us white cards don't have RIV right now.
Actually, I'm not a blue card holder. I can SEE Riviera listed on the RAT, but I can't book there. But it still should show all "16" resorts when you search, whether you bought direct or resale.

ETA: It used to show RIV apparently. PP just reported not seeing RIV at all. Maybe some "upgrades" to the website in progress. :joker:

Last edited:
Actually, I'm not a blue card holder. I can SEE Riviera listed on the RAT, but I can't book there. But it still should show all "16" resorts when you search, whether you bought direct or resale.

WOWWWW!!! That's a good sign! I just checked both my white card and I can't see RIV at all. I see 15 (AKL is two).

You think we might get an announcement any time soon? Good or bad, suspect they are getting hassled with questions by the brokers?

White card holder also. I can see 15 resorts, AKV as two separate resorts, and I cannot see RIV at all.

WOWWWW!!! That's a good sign! I just checked both my white card and I can't see RIV at all. I see 15 (AKL is two).
Interestingly, I just tested it out and I can no longer see Riviera in the results either. Before clicking on search it says 16 resorts, but when I actually did the search, it changed to 15 resorts for the list of results and NO Riviera.

This change just happened recently. I used to be able to see Riviera in the results, but just not actually follow through to book it.

With RIV disappearing from the search results for resale owners, that would seem to indicate the opposite of a move to eliminate the resale restrictions for RIV.

Why change the website so that it no longer displays the availability of RIV for those individuals if you're getting ready to allow them to book there?

Interestingly, I just tested it out and I can no longer see Riviera in the results either. Before clicking on search it says 16 resorts, but when I actually did the search, it changed to 15 resorts for the list of results and NO Riviera.

This change just happened recently. I used to be able to see Riviera in the results, but just not actually follow through to book it.

With RIV disappearing from the search results for resale owners, that would seem to indicate the opposite of a move to eliminate the resale restrictions for RIV.
What do Bluecard holders see? Do they still see the option for RIviera?

White card holder also. I can see 15 resorts, AKV as two separate resorts, and I cannot see RIV at all.

Just to clarify, you can have a white card membership and still have points to use at RIV.

My Dec UY is a white card membership and I can book RIV but only with my SSR points since they were bought in 2019.

When I booked it yesterday it simply did not allow my new BLT contact as a choice.

So it really isn’t about the card color. It’s about the date of the purchase of points in account if they are resale.

Why change the website so that it no longer displays the availability of RIV for those individuals if you're getting ready to allow them to book there?
Or it could just be that they are monkeying with the code in the background.

We just bought (passed RoFR in august and closed), just got my account and I can see Riv when I search (some other resale people cant), points aren't in the account yet so I cant even try to book

Another conspiracy theory. RIV will be bookaable but will come with a fee at 7 months so you will only be able to book via a call to MS once the fee is paid for the reservation

For RIV resale, it’s be the opposite. Online booking only for RIV. Call to MS and pay a fee to trade.

So, it’s no longer searchable unless you have points that can be used.

It will be interesting to see what I get from DVC in a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter