Rude members in the DVC Lounge

brelyt

Mouseketeer
Just wanted to vent. In the EPCOT lounge today with my wife. A family had moved seats away from a table for their group of four. Two were unoccupied and I asked if we could move one back to the table for my wife and I. Answer, no. See, their two sons might want to sit in them when they are done sitting in the chairs at the computers while playing video games. Lounge was very crowded and they wouldn't give them up. Is it just me or is this wrong?

Rude yes, but you should have just taken the empty chairs and been done with it. Always better to ask for forgiveness.

To be honest, the lounge is not my scene. Lot's of people camping out on cell phones staking couches for far too long, it was too warm in the middle of the summer, and at the end of the day the only real perk is a small cup of Soda. Have not been there this year, but the last year is started to look shabby with the stained carpets and dirty paint.

I probably will pass this year unless we ride Imagination and the kids are thirsty afterwards.

Just wanted to vent. In the EPCOT lounge today with my wife. A family had moved seats away from a table for their group of four. Two were unoccupied and I asked if we could move one back to the table for my wife and I. Answer, no. See, their two sons might want to sit in them when they are done sitting in the chairs at the computers while playing video games. Lounge was very crowded and they wouldn't give them up. Is it just me or is this wrong?
I love the lounge! It was rude of the family. I would have sat with them until their kids returned to use the chairs or until I saw other chairs become available.

We were given the seats with a family last Sunday. We were very appreciative. Sorry that the people you asked were hoarders.

Yup and the cruise ships also:rolleyes1

OP Yes they were rude!
Haven’t been to the lounge yet will check it out this June:-)
Kerri

We stopped by today and it was fairly busy (we were lucky enough to get seating). We just go long enough to grab a couple of drinks and a snack and get off our feet for 20-30 minutes.

You weren't wrong. IMO the lounge isn't worth the bother.

:earsboy: Bill

This makes me feel better about buying resale. I know it may not last but the lounge was one of the things that made me think about buying direct. It would’ve been nice to rest for a bit in a thinly populated, air-conditioned space as opposed to Electric Umbrella. The fact that my utopia doesn’t exist confirms what I ultimately decided; that direct just isn’t worth the extra cost, for me anyway.

This makes me feel better about buying resale. I know it may not last but the lounge was one of the things that made me think about buying direct. It would’ve been nice to rest for a bit in a thinly populated, air-conditioned space as opposed to Electric Umbrella. The fact that my utopia doesn’t exist confirms what I ultimately decided; that direct just isn’t worth the extra cost, for me anyway.

So you would have spent thousands of dollars direct to sit in the lounge for 20 minutes that may be going away when you go on vacation and visit Epcot? Looks like DVC marketing is smarter than I gave them credit for. :-)

:earsboy: Bill

We've never bothered with the lounge even though we are granted access through the DVC benevolence association. It sounds like some enjoy it, but for me it seems like a waste of time and effort during an Epcot visit.

We've never bothered with the lounge even though we are granted access through the DVC benevolence association. It sounds like some enjoy it, but for me it seems like a waste of time and effort during an Epcot visit.

It is also placed poorly, if it was around Germany on the WS then we would probably use it more. But then DVC would get a cheap unused building on the WS, either.

DH refuses to go there because he says it's too cold. He only went up there once. A couple days ago, I mentioned going up there, and he said "Have fun!" Maybe I should be giving it a second thought, though.

Tom and I go there. Well, we like the Figment ride, and the Shorts in the nearby theater. We did both of those on Sunday. There were two different Shorts of the original 3. Get a Horse is still shown, and I imagine it always will be. We went into the lounge, were lucky to see a family that shared seats. All in all, very enjoyable.

I have probably been inside 10 times, with different friends and my husband.

They were rude.

I was in there on May 10th and it was great. Not too many people. One poor woman was icing her ankle trying to get swelling down. I hope she didn't have to end her day early.

We charged our phones, got soda and then the snack cart came around. It was enclosed which I was pleased to see. Because that's stops folks from just grabbing everything. I enjoyed the chips I chose and the air conditioning.

Same here. Never been and don’t plan to. The thought of waiting for a seat in a lounge is not for me. I’ll just grab a seat at one of the QS restaurants and buy that $3 ($5?) bottle of water.

I’ve been there a couple of times. Nice to sit for a few minutes, grab a drink and head back out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter