Rude members in the DVC Lounge

Sorry about your experience. My kids love the lounges, and I like the AC and a chance to sit, all of my experiences have been positive and interactions friendly.

I personally wouldn't have hoarded the seats, but without context it's hard to know if this was actually rude, not having been there.

OP: Would it be ok if we grab one of these chairs?
Dad (looking like he wants to fight): No.
Mom (glued to her phone): Our kids are playing video games. May come back and will need somewhere to sit down.

Rude? Definitely.

But what if it were that the family arrived in the packed lounge and stood around for 10 minutes before a small table freed up, and they only had two chairs. They tell their kids to go find something to busy themselves while the parents rest their feet a little. Kids run around a little, come back, hang out in laps then a couple of computers free up. They head over and play a little. Crowd starts to thin out then another two seats free up and they grab them for the kids to sit down and enjoy some snack or drinks. Place suddenly fills up with people again. Enter OP.

OP: Would it be ok if we grab one of these chairs?
Dad (panicked his 13-yo is going to have to sit in his lap again): Oh I'm sorry, these are actually for my kids who are sitting on us, I mean with us.
Mom (frantically tries to wave the kids to come back): They just went to use the computers real quick. CARL! But should be back soon. KARL!

Their sons' names are Carl and Karl, by the way. Twins.

Could they have been more considerate? Maybe. But that scenario wouldn't be rude to me.

If the kids are happy where they are at give up the seats to others that are standing. After all the kids are sitting down too.

Just wanted to vent. In the EPCOT lounge today with my wife. A family had moved seats away from a table for their group of four. Two were unoccupied and I asked if we could move one back to the table for my wife and I. Answer, no. See, their two sons might want to sit in them when they are done sitting in the chairs at the computers while playing video games. Lounge was very crowded and they wouldn't give them up. Is it just me or is this wrong?

At that point, i would have said thank you, but you are wrong, and taken the chair.

They probably hoard the loungers at the pool, too.

Again....if there is just a towel or half a paper on a chair, with no signs of life (shoes, shirt, bag).....I throw the towel to the side and claim that chair or chairs for myself.

If the the people who were trying to save them come for them later, they are usually cowards and mutter something passive aggressive under their breath. but the chair is mine...so i win.

I have no time or patience for people who think they are better then everyone else and cant wait in line, or take what ever is available at the pool when they get their family together.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter