• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"So this is what makes life divine!"PTR Jan 2010* NEW 1/17 TR Link UP!!!

Well, we had my sister in law's wedding lastnight! It was amazing and beautiful. The kids had a blast with all of their cousins and danced the night away! I woke up this morning with an extra pep in my step...time to make my final purchases and finalize our park plans!!! We leave next weekend :woohoo:

My DH thinks I am crazy as I got out of bed early to research more in my books and online for our park plans. I have been working on them for three months now. I keep changing things, but I am excited to try them out! I think they will work great!

Iphone.jpg

Another exciting thing is that I downloaded 4 Walt Disney World Apps on my iPhone!! I LOVE them!! Here are the ones that I chose:

1) Wait times: This App will show you wait times on all of the rides in the park. I plan on using this a lot during our stay!! I love checking it even now when I am at home to see how long the waits are! Disney addict? I think so :thumbsup2

2) Disney checklist: This allows you to use pre-programed lists for packing, park lists, etc. OR you can customize your own. I have made my own checklist and will have it right on hand for future trips. I am also going to work on making park checklists instead of carrying around my binder or notecards. You can check off the attractions you finish and keep track of your schedule. Love it!

3) WDW Dining: SOOO cool and such a time saver. You can access hours of operations,full menus (including kid's menus) of restaurants all over WDW. I plan on using this when we are on our way to the restaurants to decide what we want to eat to make our dining experience quicker!

4) Park Maps: All maps of the parks are downloaded onto this app. It shows you where your nearest bathrooms are, etc. I really like it!!

I plan on exploring these apps more tonight!!

Some of my customs came in on Friday. I have a little work to do on them, so I will post pics tonight or tomorrow of them. I am expeciting my REALLY cute custom tshirts in the mail mid week. Cross your fingers :rolleyes:

More tonight! Happy New Years to my Dis friends!!!!

Happy New Year, Katie!! :goodvibes

THANK YOU BECKY!! So excited to see what the new year has in store for our families :lovestruc

Happy New Year Katie!!!!!

Thank you!!! Hope you and your little one had fun :love:

HAPPY NEW YEAR Katie. I know you are busy with wedding and family activities. Hope you are having a grand time.

Ginny

We had a GREAT time!! Look for pics of the wedding soon. As for now, I am planning my vacation and just vegging on the couch (finally!!!) Thanks so much for writing me :hug:

Happy New Year, Katie! Glad the wedding went well and now you can totally gear up for your trip! The new apps sound great! I can't wait to see pics of your customs. We leave in like 32 days, so I'm trying to start planning outfits! LOL! :goodvibes

Sara

I went to NOMA last Sunday and the Disney exhibit was great!

When I went to WDW, I had the Disney World Wait Times app and TripIt. TripIt kept track of all my reservations and itineraries and wait times was pretty accurate. Since then, I bought eticket and it's awesome. I haven't used it in WDW but it does just about everything except wait times (including disboards).

I love the Dining App (are you suprised? I think not.) It's so helpful when trying to decide where to go!

Hi Katie,
Sounds like your family had fun at the wedding. :yay: On the trip being next weekend! I downloaded most of those apps for my Iphone too. I love the wait times one it's very accurate. I have to download the Disney checklist though, it sounds awesome. No more carrying around notes! Let me know how it works for you.

Nichole

Happy New Year, Katie! Glad the wedding went well and now you can totally gear up for your trip! The new apps sound great! I can't wait to see pics of your customs. We leave in like 32 days, so I'm trying to start planning outfits! LOL! :goodvibes

Sara

Yay Sara!!! Wish we were going at the same time!! The apps are great so far. I have most of the trip on my "check list" app downloaded. I cant wait to see if it will help. I am a very "paper" type person. I like paper checklists, paper books, etc. This should be interesting :)

I went to NOMA last Sunday and the Disney exhibit was great!

When I went to WDW, I had the Disney World Wait Times app and TripIt. TripIt kept track of all my reservations and itineraries and wait times was pretty accurate. Since then, I bought eticket and it's awesome. I haven't used it in WDW but it does just about everything except wait times (including disboards).

Ohhh I want to download eticket! I read about it last week. Also, yay for the exhibit!! Wasnt it so cool? Did you see Princess and the Frog yet?

I love the Dining App (are you suprised? I think not.) It's so helpful when trying to decide where to go!

HAHA yes, I could have guessed that. It is fun to look at all the menus so easily!

Katie - I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see your customs! Can't wait!

OH well, they are not SUPER great, but cute none the less :goodvibes They will need some jackets (looks like it will be in the 50s now) so hopefully I can get some pics of their customs inside at least! I am trying to be economical about it. I am using my DDs customs from our last trip and making my son new ones to match. He is only 2, so growing SO fast. He was 11 months at our last trip, so nothing fits him! My DD is 6, so she has not grown much. I will post pics Wed!

Hi Katie,
Sounds like your family had fun at the wedding. :yay: On the trip being next weekend! I downloaded most of those apps for my Iphone too. I love the wait times one it's very accurate. I have to download the Disney checklist though, it sounds awesome. No more carrying around notes! Let me know how it works for you.

Nichole

Nichole---It will take some getting use to. Like I mentioned above, I love paper in my hand, pens to make lists, etc. BUT it will be soo much easier this way. I will let you know!! Do you find yourself checking the wait times during the day, even when you are not at WDW! :lmao:

Ooooh--cool apps!!I will have to tell Brent--I got him an iPod Touch for Christmas and he's been uploading al kinds of apps. We are Verizon customers so no iPhone for us (however I've heard rumors that Verizon might have iPhones later this year since AT&T's exclusivity deal has ended with Apple). I have a Blackberry Storm but the apps available are nothing like the apps for iPhone. Anywho, I can't WAIT to see these customs! Praying the custom shirts come quickly!! :goodvibes

Ooooh--cool apps!!I will have to tell Brent--I got him an iPod Touch for Christmas and he's been uploading al kinds of apps. We are Verizon customers so no iPhone for us (however I've heard rumors that Verizon might have iPhones later this year since AT&T's exclusivity deal has ended with Apple). I have a Blackberry Storm but the apps available are nothing like the apps for iPhone. Anywho, I can't WAIT to see these customs! Praying the custom shirts come quickly!! :goodvibes

Hi Becky!! My nephews have the iTouch. I am pretty sure that they downloaded the WDW apps. There are SO many to choose from! The list one is taking a while to put in all the info, but it is SO nice to be able to check it off really quickly through my phone instead of lugging a binder.

The lady making the custom tshirts said she was putting them in the mail today. Should have them Wed. or Thurs!! They will be really cute. It is the same lady that made mine last year. I just got some cute Minnie/Mickey shirts for our full day at the MK and our lunch at LTT with the characters. The other customs are iron on monogrammed appliques I got from etsy. They are really great quality.I am using some customs with Abby that she still fits in and I got the lady to make him appliques to match hers. I will probably post pics Wed!!

I am SO sad that Abby is back in school. But...so happy that we can spend time together next week :dance3: Aiden is at MDO tomorrow, so I can finally go do my last shop at Walmart for the trip!! :yay:

Ohhh I want to download eticket! I read about it last week. Also, yay for the exhibit!! Wasnt it so cool? Did you see Princess and the Frog yet?

We got a chance to see Princess and the Frog a couple of days later and it was incredible!

Good morning Katie. Hope all is well. You are so amazingly close to your trip. This time went really fast. Probably not for you tho. I am sure you had a wonderful weekend. The wedding sounded devine. Would love to see pictures.

Ginny

Hi Becky!! My nephews have the iTouch. I am pretty sure that they downloaded the WDW apps. There are SO many to choose from! The list one is taking a while to put in all the info, but it is SO nice to be able to check it off really quickly through my phone instead of lugging a binder.

The lady making the custom tshirts said she was putting them in the mail today. Should have them Wed. or Thurs!! They will be really cute. It is the same lady that made mine last year. I just got some cute Minnie/Mickey shirts for our full day at the MK and our lunch at LTT with the characters. The other customs are iron on monogrammed appliques I got from etsy. They are really great quality.I am using some customs with Abby that she still fits in and I got the lady to make him appliques to match hers. I will probably post pics Wed!!

I am SO sad that Abby is back in school. But...so happy that we can spend time together next week :dance3: Aiden is at MDO tomorrow, so I can finally go do my last shop at Walmart for the trip!! :yay:

Can't wait to see pics!! I was so sad that Ally had to go back to school today, too! I really enjoyed our relaxing 2 weeks off! And 6:30 rolled around WAY too soon this morning! I'm still dragging! Thankfully she was excited about going back!

Hi guys... I have some questions. Can you answer them please :worship:

1) What is the website that you can put a start and end location and get ETAs for buses, boats, etc?

2) Can you fastpass something first thing in the morning, or do you have to wait until a cetrain amnt of people have gone through. For example, if you are first to ride, can you fastpass for later on that day?

3) Do most counter service restaurants (like Electric Umbrella) allow you to use a snack credit to get sides like sliced apples, grapes, cookies, drinks, etc. instead of a meal? Trying to plan snacks in Epcot.

Thank you!

Hi guys... I have some questions. Can you answer them please :worship:

1) What is the website that you can put a start and end location and get ETAs for buses, boats, etc?

2) Can you fastpass something first thing in the morning, or do you have to wait until a cetrain amnt of people have gone through. For example, if you are first to ride, can you fastpass for later on that day?

3) Do most counter service restaurants (like Electric Umbrella) allow you to use a snack credit to get sides like sliced apples, grapes, cookies, drinks, etc. instead of a meal? Trying to plan snacks in Epcot.

Thank you!

Hi Katie!

1)The transportation wizard on ourlaughingplace.com is probably what you are looking for! Very handy! :thumbsup2

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/twiz.aspx

2) Absolutely you can! Many rides we FP first, then get in the standby line. Or sometimes we just FP first thing in the AM and then go ride some non-FP attractions since we know we can go back anytime to ride our FP'd rides.

3) I have no idea, sorry. In all our trips to Disney, this is our first one that we will have the dining plan. However, I'm pretty sure the answer to that is yes, as long as it is under a certain $ amount. There is a thread on the dining forum that lays out everything that is considered a snack under the dining plan.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2067447

Hope this helps!
Sara

1) I don't know, sorry!
2) You can, as soon as the rope drops, you can get a FP.
3) You should be able to. Just check the menu for the little symbol. Here's the one for Yak & Yeti CS:
DisneyTrip09_109.jpg

I'm not sure about the sides for the kids meals though...they're not listed separately on the menu... But for drinks, YES!

1) I don't know, sorry!
2) You can, as soon as the rope drops, you can get a FP.
3) You should be able to. Just check the menu for the little symbol. Here's the one for Yak & Yeti CS:
DisneyTrip09_109.jpg

I'm not sure about the sides for the kids meals though...they're not listed separately on the menu... But for drinks, YES!

Ohh never noticed those symbols. Thank you!!! I just wanted to make sure you could stop and sit at CS tables inside instead of relying on snack carts around the world. I believe we got some sliced apples one time or grapes for snack credit? Oh well, we shall see. I leave in 5 days!!

Hi Katie!

1)The transportation wizard on ourlaughingplace.com is probably what you are looking for! Very handy! :thumbsup2

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/twiz.aspx

2) Absolutely you can! Many rides we FP first, then get in the standby line. Or sometimes we just FP first thing in the AM and then go ride some non-FP attractions since we know we can go back anytime to ride our FP'd rides.

3) I have no idea, sorry. In all our trips to Disney, this is our first one that we will have the dining plan. However, I'm pretty sure the answer to that is yes, as long as it is under a certain $ amount. There is a thread on the dining forum that lays out everything that is considered a snack under the dining plan.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2067447

Hope this helps!
Sara[/QUO

Sara to the rescue!!! AGAIN!! hehe. Thanks SO much. That was the website that I was looking for. I appreciate your help girl!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter