So What's Coming to the New Pleasure Island?

I really have no interest in Trader Joes at DTD. I can get all the organic produce I want at home. :lmao:

Seriously, how are we all acronyming Disney Springs. DS is already "Disney Son" right? I vote DSp!

The rumor is Trader Sam's, not Trader Joe's. Trader Sam's is a bar/restaurant.

~Wow! I didn't hear about Trader Joes, I think it's a great idea. I wonder if Disney is trying to appeal to the "Garden Grocer" market! But, I'm with you, I don't do any grocery shopping on vacation, but it's a very nice option for others! As for the name, *anything* is better than Disney Springs!!! :rotfl: :goodvibes

The rumor is Trader Sam's, not Trader Joe's. Trader Sam's is a bar/restaurant.

I guess my sense of humor made my response not very clear. I wrote my post to tease MATTinNH for typing Trader Joe's, even though I knew he meant Trader Sam's.

Sorry DRDISNEYMD - probably no Trader Joe's at Disney Springs. Didn't mean to confuse the point.

As far as the name goes -who really cares. Is "Disney Springs" any more bland or generic than "Downtown Disney" or "Disney Marketplace" or "Disney West Side"? All I care about is if they put in something interesting besides another uninspired shopping and restaurant experience.

I guess my sense of humor made my response not very clear. I wrote my post to tease MATTinNH for typing Trader Joe's, even though I knew he meant Trader Sam's.

Sorry DRDISNEYMD - probably no Trader Joe's at Disney Springs. Didn't mean to confuse the point.

As far as the name goes -who really cares. Is "Disney Springs" any more bland or generic than "Downtown Disney" or "Disney Marketplace" or "Disney West Side"? All I care about is if they put in something interesting besides another uninspired shopping and restaurant experience.
~Oh wow! Your post wasn't funny at all, so sorry I missed that. And, yes Disney Springs is more generic & bland than DTD and the others. With that said, I am excited about the plans, even if it does sound like a fabulous retirement home with shopping.

Wore a Kaleta jersey to Raglan Road and got booed 3 times on the walk through West Side and cheared twice so i guess it's love hate ;)

OH MY DEAR GAWD......I meant Trader SAMS LOL .... We just got a Trader Joes up this way, so it must just be on the brain LOL

Ouch! :sad1: :sad:

(I'm just joking here too!).
~Awww, sorry skier pete! I totally forgot my "rofl" smiley -- you are a comic genius!!! I couldn't believe I missed the joke, and what's worse is, I actually loved the idea. :sad2: :rotfl:

Buffalo has the Bills and the Sabres, we aren't allowed to be funny.
~LOL. :rotfl:

Wrong - Buffalo has the Bills and the Sabres - we have to be able to laugh!

Wore a Kaleta jersey to Raglan Road and got booed 3 times on the walk through West Side and cheared twice so i guess it's love hate ;)

OH MY DEAR GAWD......I meant Trader SAMS LOL .... We just got a Trader Joes up this way, so it must just be on the brain LOL

~Wow. This thread keeps getting funnier & funnier! Anyway, Trader SAM's is in the picture -- I know this doesn't confirm anything but at least there's a good chance that some of these vendors will come to DTD! :goodvibes

bemgh.jpg

34fi4jl.jpg

Is Trader Sam's Disney owned/operated? Or is it operated by a third party?

Is Trader Sam's Disney owned/operated? Or is it operated by a third party?
~Hi mcd, good question! I don't know, I hope someone else chimes in. "Trader Sam's" appears to be a Disney owned establishment, but I'm not sure.
I'm sorry. That was me. I'm a die hard Bruins fan.
~Awesome! This is just too funny, lol. :rotfl:

I'd only been to Pleasure Island once and I had a blast! Having a drink and dancing to great music at Mannequins and 8TRAX are fond memories of mine. It would be nice if they would incorporate at least one place where adults can go and let their hair down. I know they have the Atlantic Dance Hall, but the atmosphere inside that place doesn't feel the same as that of Mannequins and 8TRAX. Thoughts???

I'd only been to Pleasure Island once and I had a blast! Having a drink and dancing to great music at Mannequins and 8TRAX are fond memories of mine. It would be nice if they would incorporate at least one place where adults can go and let their hair down. I know they have the Atlantic Dance Hall, but the atmosphere inside that place doesn't feel the same as that of Mannequins and 8TRAX. Thoughts???

Agree....would be great to have at least one dance club at Disney Springs. As for Atlantic Dance Hall, it is not marketed by Disney so it's relatively seldom crowded. Was there last Thursday night, a week full of spring breakers on property, yet ADH was close to dead.

BobK/Orlando

KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:
Agree....would be great to have at least one dance club at Disney Springs. As for Atlantic Dance Hall, it is not marketed by Disney so it's relatively seldom crowded. Was there last Thursday night, a week full of spring breakers on property, yet ADH was close to dead.

BobK/Orlando

Yeah...they kinda did the whole dance club thing for 20 years...and they apparently found it so not palatable, not profitable, or not inline with what they wanted to do moving forward that they closed them all on a moments notice and chose empty building or demolition for 5 years.

Just as I can't see them caring about an adventurers club...I can't see them caring about dance clubs moving forward.

If a third party operator wants to come in and run clubs by their rules...then I'm sure they'd have no problems with it.

It's looking more and more like that board was strictly for an internal presentation of possibilities and hope-fors more than any actual contracted tenants.

I doubt we'll see a "Disney Burger" and a Shake Shack. I doubt we'll see a restaurant with the name "Disney Character Dining", although I suspect there will be character dining.

No doubt the board was for internal use only. I don't know if it was by Disney or by an outside firm showing the kinds of tenants it would sign if awarded the contract to manage DTD. Disney loves to outsource, I'd be surprised DTD isn't managed by another company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter