Something About Nothing............ #14

Good Morning..

Well, I overdid it again in the garden yesterday and have a sunburn on top of sore muscles. But, it was too nice to stay inside and I can't sit still, so I gardened. I did cut some leaves off the lettuce plants so we had a nice fresh salad for lunch.

Hubby was off and we took a long ride by the water later in the day. Then we made Penne alla Vodka for dinner. So good, but definitely not low fat. It's all about balance... right? Salad for lunch, carbs and fat for dinner!

I had to sign back in on all my devices; laptop, phone and tablet. It's auto-signing in now.

It really is interesting. I'm trying to convince hubby to start a hive but he's not there yet. You only need a permit here to start a hive. I also want chickens, but we're not zoned for it. The bees are very calm and we can go right up to the hive without gear, but I won't touch the hive without a bee suit. Dsil wears a half-suit when he opens the hive and takes the trays out but they still won't sting. Now, if you swatted at them I'm sure they would freak out and attack! LOL!

LOL! Our dance studio was nothing like that. They didn't do competitions and my girls' teacher was a dancer on Broadway before he retired and moved back to our area. He retired from dance completely now and moved to Florida. We see him every once in a while when he comes back home for family visits.

He is super cute and super active! I wanted another dog, but after watching him a few times I think I'll wait.

I love both Indian and Thai curries. I have a few cans of Thai chili paste here that I'm hoarding because I don't know when I can get more. My Asian friend gets me a few cans from Chinatown (either Philly or NYC) because we can't get any of the really good authentic stuff here in the grocery stores. She hasn't gone into either Chinatown since all this began.

My perennials are not doing well this year after the late frost/freeze we had a few weeks ago. My apple tree only had a handful of blooms on, so I'm sure it won't produce this year. My lilacs and Lilly of the Valley started to bud and then every flower died and fell off, so nothing good for the bees and nothing good for the sweet smells.

You know he's plotting his next move to return, right?
View attachment 497312

I do have whipped cream vodka too! Experiment time!
So, we have Raspberry Relaxation and Orange Creamsicle. Peach vodka will be taking a turn this coming weekend so get your thinking cap on!

I hope you can get it sorted out without having to get a whole new system. Fingers crossed!

lol......I think Abby Miller was quite the extreme........she was funny at times though, unintentionally of course......and some very talented kids there......

Hope the sunburn isn’t too bad! Can be so painful.

We have a lot of honey bees around here right now, but regular bees are more common right now. We have a lot of lavender farms around this area and they love it! Being around here though doesn’t mean we ever get bothered by bees. I like bees....never kill them, wasps are entirely different! They get zapped.......

Fresh curries are so much better......all fresh ingredients can’t be beaten. I know someone who said she was making a Thai curry......turns out it was a jar from the grocery store......er, no. Not the same thing at all!

Something else appears to have torn up neighborhood garbage. Ours is locked down Appears I need to buy more marshmallows

Must look harder.Do u know what brand?

I typically stick with absolute or grey goose. Tried pinnacle flavored something and wound up with headache

We tried pinnacle once in Orlando.....Yep, didn’t agree with us either......I’m not a big vodka drinker, even in cocktails, so we always stick to Belvedere or Grey Goose.

If you ever see it......never EVER drink Russian Standard Vodka!!!! You wouldn‘t use it to clean drains!

Watching the live feed from NASA.......fascinating........and hopefully looking good for lift off!

Quick hi! I’ve done nothing this morning :rolleyes2 ugh. Should get some gardening done, Triming branches back so gardener can take them away tomorrow. And I have a dental appt this afternoon. Dentist not open for routine cleanings but is seeing people having problems. And I have a tooth bothering me.

Last nights get together by the ocean inlet Park was fun. The weather cleared in the afternoon and the sun came out. I’m sure some of you will be relieved I didn’t get the mushy peas lol! I saw they had zucchini sticks so I subbed them for my fries, paid extra.
Today the sun is shinning, nice change from the cool, overcast drizzling weather we’ve been having.

MRose sorry to hear about your flowers. that’s so sad.

Keisha we have a raccoon coming thru our yard. I haven’t seen it but my daughter does. Her living room is downstairs, we have a rec room in the basement that she’s taken over and windows face yard. She says it’s a big fat one. I’m hoping it’s not a pregnant one making a den? Do they den? In the bush in the back property line. But so far it’s not bothering us.

Charade I know nothing about hvac as aircon isn’t typical in our houses. We never have had extended periods of excessive heat in summer. Until the past 5 yrs. Climate change. Now summers can get blistering hot for longer periods. Yuck. I hope you get your problems sorted out without having to spend $$$$$.

I remember orange creamsicle yum. Once I bought vanilla flavoured vodka and mixed with oj. Thinking of the orange creamsicle!

Exciting launch today! Any peeps living down south able to see it?

I hear WDW released dates for park opening. In July. Nothing about hotels yet.
So many ducks have to line up for our Aug trip. Most importantly Canadian border opening. Then if we have to do a 2 week quarantine after return we can’t go, daughter can’t take 4 weeks off work for a 2 week vacay.

Uni AP rates are out for Sept, my friend staying at RPH just scored $400 off her res!

It’s not hump day without Lynne’s camel!

Yeah, after seeing the radar and storm over Orlando, did not think they would fly. But hopefully this weekend. Would be neat to see in person. But no way am I going to Orlando this weekend.

Good evening. Nothing exciting going on here today. I'm just killing time until suppper.

Charade
When we bought our house, we were told the hvac system was the original which meant we would face replacing it eventually.
With no gas lines where we are, all our appliances are electrical.
But electricity is a lot cheaper in the south than the north.
I think we had to put in a new hvac system for our lower floor two years back. Our second floor hvac still operates fine.
It’s not cheap but the new system will last a good 15-years.

Hope you don‘t have to do a complete new unit.
I have no idea how old my HVAC system is. The house was built in 1984, but I imagine the unit would have been replaced at least once since then. I have no idea what the average life of an HVAC unit is.

I love the colour purple....but, not in hair!!! Yes, 3-4 inches is quite a lot to do yourself......I`d wait too. And good luck with the plumbing issues, hope it all doesn't need replaced.
Thankfully I didn't have as much gray then as I do now. I called the color company to complain and was told that sometimes that particular color caused gray hairs to turn purple. You would think they would have put a warning on the box.

even when stores are open, it will be some time before I go into them.
I just got a notice that our local JC Penney will be open with limited hours. I need to do a return before they start closing stores permanently.

Yes, in Orlando we much prefer to eat inside with the aircon......over here too I guess......I hate bugs flying around us, so indoor it is.

I just wish our restaurants and pubs could open......not that I’m desperate to go to a pub for a drink, but a nice meal out in one would be lovely.......it’ll come.......
Same here. I can't stand eating with bugs around. I will be happy when we can eat inside a restaurant again. We have been limiting take out to restaurants close to our house. I don't like going too far and having cold food by the time we get it home.

It really is interesting. I'm trying to convince hubby to start a hive but he's not there yet. You only need a permit here to start a hive. I also want chickens, but we're not zoned for it. The bees are very calm and we can go right up to the hive without gear, but I won't touch the hive without a bee suit. Dsil wears a half-suit when he opens the hive and takes the trays out but they still won't sting. Now, if you swatted at them I'm sure they would freak out and attack! LOL!
Just reading that makes me shudder. I have a bit of a phobia when it comes to bees and other flying, stinging insects.

My next phase in the great room clean up is to get rid of some of the old furniture. I listed an old computer desk and chair on Facebook marketplace a few hours ago and have already had 3 offers. One of them was in Spanish.

Yeah, hopefully Penney’s will allow you to return. Target said no returns.

Made bbq chicken with green peppers and added a slice of ham, as did not think I had enough chicken. White rice, and left over fresh cooked corn, and dinner was served.

Charade, our heater guy said around 20 or so years. Ours was almost 30, but replacing was an expensive 6 months. We bought the heater in November and the AC in the following May. They were kind, and still gave us the discount for buying both. More joy this year, as roof needs to replaced. We are going to use 30 year shingles, as I will be in my 80’s by then, and who knows if we will still own the home or not. If so, then new roof if needed.

Ah, warm enough yep, I am not a routine drinker, but after sipping a GG slushy in Epcot two years ago, I finally bought a bottle of it, and every so often, like tonight, I make my own. Bought an ice crushing machine around Christmas last year.

Have a lovely night homies. Stay safe, healthy and be happy.

My daughter and I ate our lunch outside on the patio Today. I love eatting outside. My friends and I have a fav outside summer patio, it’s a pub along the river. So pleasant. Even in Orlando I like sitting outside if there’s shade. Aircon does weird things to my sinus. And I never know which place will trigger it. But all of a sudden it’s like having the worst cold in the world and I have to go outside. 10 min later it’s like nothing ever happened. So strange.

Just got home from the dentist. I have a cavity :guilty: No wonder my tooth was bothering me. Ugh. Have to go back June 10 to have it filled.

Sausages from butcher being cooked on the bbq. With kale salad for me and DH making sautéed potatoes with onion & garlic for him and dd.
Sadly I can’t have potatoes.

Too bad about launch. Did they give an alternative date?
@Robo56 can you see launch from your house?

Sue, I think I read trying on Saturday. Don’t remember a time mentioned though. I guess in the afternoon like was to be today. I hope the weather is beautiful for the cape area on Saturday. We are to have a very humid Thursday and Friday, within some good thunderstorms to break the heat pumping humidity, and we are to have a what weather lady says a refreshingly nice weekend. I hope she is right, as will be so nice to be outside on the weekend.

I like bees....never kill them, wasps are entirely different! They get zapped.......
Oh yes, the wasps get killed here too! They will kill bees also.
Fresh curries are so much better......all fresh ingredients can’t be beaten. I know someone who said she was making a Thai curry......turns out it was a jar from the grocery store......er, no. Not the same thing at all!
We get the paste from our friend, then add the fresh ginger, garlic, coconut milk, veggies, etc. It's the chili paste we can't get here, or lemongrass.

I thought of you this evening.... one of my girls was at an Ethiopian restaurant she likes for take out and got me some of the owner's homemade spice mixes. She got some Berbere and Mitmita! I'm soooo excited! The Mitmita nearly burned a hole in my tongue when I tasted it, lol! Do you like Ethiopian food? I'm going to make chicken thighs tomorrow with both of them. The only thing we can't get here is the teff flour for injera. I'll probably just make rice as a side.
I hear WDW released dates for park opening. In July. Nothing about hotels yet.
It's so funny, but just after the announcement I got an email from skyauction with Orlando hotel deals. Not any Disney resorts, but the Sheraton Vistana where we've stayed several times for $425 for a two bedroom, two bathroom unit for 7 days! Crazy deal! I was half tempted.
Just got home from the dentist. I have a cavity :guilty: No wonder my tooth was bothering me. Ugh
Sorry to hear that. I hope you can get some relief after it's filled.
I hope she is right, as will be so nice to be outside on the weekend.
I hope so too! Fingers crossed!!

I’m just now catching up here on the sans
Been tied up on park opening info and staying on top of new threads about all the changes.

SeaWorld will open next month and that will make a lot of peeps happy.

All the parks opening soon brings a lot of questions to the boards
It keeps me busy or I would have been here posting earlier today.

Good evening. Nothing exciting going on here today. I'm just killing time until suppper.

I have no idea how old my HVAC system is. The house was built in 1984, but I imagine the unit would have been replaced at least once since then. I have no idea what the average life of an HVAC unit is.

Thankfully I didn't have as much gray then as I do now. I called the color company to complain and was told that sometimes that particular color caused gray hairs to turn purple. You would think they would have put a warning on the box.

I just got a notice that our local JC Penney will be open with limited hours. I need to do a return before they start closing stores permanently.

Same here. I can't stand eating with bugs around. I will be happy when we can eat inside a restaurant again. We have been limiting take out to restaurants close to our house. I don't like going too far and having cold food by the time we get it home.

Just reading that makes me shudder. I have a bit of a phobia when it comes to bees and other flying, stinging insects.

My next phase in the great room clean up is to get rid of some of the old furniture. I listed an old computer desk and chair on Facebook marketplace a few hours ago and have already had 3 offers. One of them was in Spanish.

Hair should never be purple!!! However little......there seems to be a craze of having lavender/grey hair in some young ladies right now....looks a little different.

Yes, hate bugs around food…..much prefer eating in the air-conditioning. Not afraid of bugs, just don`t like them.....good luck with selling your stuff.....

Sue, I think I read trying on Saturday. Don’t remember a time mentioned though. I guess in the afternoon like was to be today. I hope the weather is beautiful for the cape area on Saturday. We are to have a very humid Thursday and Friday, within some good thunderstorms to break the heat pumping humidity, and we are to have a what weather lady says a refreshingly nice weekend. I hope she is right, as will be so nice to be outside on the weekend.

3.22pm Saturday Florida time it`s due to launch again.

Oh yes, the wasps get killed here too! They will kill bees also.

We get the paste from our friend, then add the fresh ginger, garlic, coconut milk, veggies, etc. It's the chili paste we can't get here, or lemongrass.

I thought of you this evening.... one of my girls was at an Ethiopian restaurant she likes for take out and got me some of the owner's homemade spice mixes. She got some Berbere and Mitmita! I'm soooo excited! The Mitmita nearly burned a hole in my tongue when I tasted it, lol! Do you like Ethiopian food? I'm going to make chicken thighs tomorrow with both of them. The only thing we can't get here is the teff flour for injera. I'll probably just make rice as a side.

It's so funny, but just after the announcement I got an email from skyauction with Orlando hotel deals. Not any Disney resorts, but the Sheraton Vistana where we've stayed several times for $425 for a two bedroom, two bathroom unit for 7 days! Crazy deal! I was half tempted.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you can get some relief after it's filled.

I hope so too! Fingers crossed!!

I didn't know wasps killed bees???? Know very little of bees except we need them...….Tom loves honey, especially local honey, although I can`t abide it....hate seeing that honeycomb sitting in the jar...….

Only tried Ethiopian food once, and not sure how authentic it was as it was served in Dubai when we were there......not really for me, at least the dishes we had. One wasn't too bad as it was chicken, tasted a little like South African food, it was nice except for the boiled egg in it. But the other dish was full of legumes which I hate......but generally speaking it`s not a cuisine I ever try...not many options to try it in England......lol.....

I love lemongrass......and most pastes are very good here if you get them from local ethnic stores rather than a supermarket...….

Good luck with choosing a hotel option, sounds a good deal for the SV...…...

I’m just now catching up here on the sans
Been tied up on park opening info and staying on top of new threads about all the changes.

SeaWorld will open next month and that will make a lot of peeps happy.

All the parks opening soon brings a lot of questions to the boards
It keeps me busy or I would have been here posting earlier today.

There`s loads of posts for you to catch up on that`s for sure.......it`s a bit of a minefield right now for most folks.

We are having the best weather right now......another lovely day ahead for us. And think this has been a record breaking dry April/May for us in the UK........best Spring weather I can remember for sure.......

Today is click and collect grocery pick up day.......only one thing missing from my order according to earlier email I received around 6am this morning. And we`re good for that, can pick it up anywhere in the village. This has become a bit of a joke that it`s almost like a big day out......40 minute drive the store, order brought out to us and we get to chat to someone while we load it....then drive home usually via the local butcher store to pick up our weekly meat order.

Don`t want to cut that back as although they`re doing well, we want to keep as much business as we can local.

Farmer next to us sent a message to say he`s dropping a dozen fresh eggs at the gate for us today......bless him he`s 80 and his txt message said......eggs 12 today. lol.....I knew what he meant.

Few friends to catch up with today on zoom......call mum and one of my brothers......have no idea what we are eating today yet.....breakfast is croissants again.......sorry mac....no bacon yet!!!!

But, sun is shining so we`re happy about that.......

cv1957-L.png

::yes::

Oh yes, insects in my house tend to get swatted. Bees and hornets are the ones I like the least, though a horse fly is one I hate to have in the house. Time of year, lots of bugs around. So cute, I saw a very tiny praying mantis on the bushes next to my door. Happy to have those bugs around my home.

With that, AC on already and could be cooler for me. Thus, tea in hand, and even a bit foggy out from the rain that fell during the night. Must only been showers or I was very tired, as did not hear the rain at all last night.

So, drink up, good for ya, and hey
97E893D0-D4D0-4C3C-8DA6-5EBF9BE8F6B1.jpeg

Good Morning and a very happy birthday 🎁 to Keisha’s DH.

Lynne. Lots of bugs in the south.
But none in the house like you have

we and all in our neighborhood use a company service to prevent them in the house

environmental company lays pods every few feet on the perimeter of the house and keep it filled quarterly to get rid of insects and creepy crawler things.
And they place insect catch boxes for any that would get in the house

it’s well needed in thr South .

if one does get in somehow,
Cats play with it them then eat them

Yeah, dogs are good for that too. My female lab even caught a cicada. Hope the cats did not get you up too early Mac.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter