Spin-off of the Leftovers Thread

If you guys figure out who I really am....please send me a PM. :rotfl:

Well, I guess we could go back and actually research all those threads asking: what is your middle name what street do you live on what is your favorite color do you own a magnet what color is your car do you have a car where is your spouse from what is your grandpa's mother's best friend's birthdate who's your daddy??? Then maybe we could figure out who you are, lol.

Another equally funny one was the woman who went down a water slide and lost her top, landed on top of strange man , and at one point thought God was talking to her.

I remember a thread a long time ago about a woman that went down the slide and her top came off and it was even under her Avatar from the Tag Fairy but I dont remember if it was the same one since landing on a guy and thinking God talking to her is so funny and it actually made me lol while reading this.

What's the longest "fluff thread" you ever remember on the DIS?
Not sure it falls within your "fluff" boundaries but it was a thread that developed into a real barn-burner and went on for more than a week. It was about whether or not a working mom should dismiss a nanny who couldn't/wouldn't/didn't set up an elephant-shaped humidifier for the baby she was minding. I've tried a few different search terms and can't come up with it. It was truly one of the greats! :banana:

Just so you won't be disappointed, a lot of it is not about bacon.:sad1: Rather it is a discussion focused on human behavior and familial interaction.:teeth:
C'mon now Micca - name a CB thread that isn't. :rotfl:

Last edited:

I'm really dating myself here because these 2 threads that I still remember were from waayyy back.
First there was the one about the family..maybe Mom, Dad, kid and a grandparent. Anyway they were at Disney World and they had a manny...a guy babysitter/helper. The thread was so funny. It may have been made up stuff, I'm not sure but the mom would post such funny stuff about drinking too much and about the manny helping with the kid.
Then there was the one, again a long time ago, that many of us got sucked into. The girl said she was pregnant and was leaving her husband...or maybe he had left her. I think he had a girlfriend. Anyway, she was moving back to Canada, I think, to be with her family before the baby was born. I believe somehow it was discovered that the whole thread was a hoax but up until that some people were really vested in this woman, even sending things for the "baby" :sad2:.
Does anyone else remember these threads? I know I'm really dating myself.
I'm pretty sure my DD, js, who posts here will remember.

I remember a thread a long time ago about a woman that went down the slide and her top came off and it was even under her Avatar from the Tag Fairy but I dont remember if it was the same one since landing on a guy and thinking God talking to her is so funny and it actually made me lol while reading this.

She did get a tag for that post, so it could very well be the same one. I believe she had stood up to pull her top back up when "God" told her to sit down :scratchin

Another good one was the woman who made her kid/s wear protective goggles when they made a boxed cake mix.

Or the woman who was supposedly pregnant with " a girl, or maybe a boy"

I'm really dating myself here because these 2 threads that I still remember were from waayyy back.
First there was the one about the family..maybe Mom, Dad, kid and a grandparent. Anyway they were at Disney World and they had a manny...a guy babysitter/helper. The thread was so funny. It may have been made up stuff, I'm not sure but the mom would post such funny stuff about drinking too much and about the manny helping with the kid.
Then there was the one, again a long time ago, that many of us got sucked into. The girl said she was pregnant and was leaving her husband...or maybe he had left her. I think he had a girlfriend. Anyway, she was moving back to Canada, I think, to be with her family before the baby was born. I believe somehow it was discovered that the whole thread was a hoax but up until that some people were really vested in this woman, even sending things for the "baby" :sad2:.
I definitely remember the pathetic-victimized woman-expecting a baby thread. I was appalled that even a “pretend” Canadian would do such a thing. Hoaxes are SO impolite, eh. :teeth:

I don't know about the longest , but one of the funniest threads was Monster under my seat https://www.disboards.com/threads/monster-under-my-drivers-seat-agghhhh.912594/

Another equally funny one was the woman who went down a water slide and lost her top, landed on top of strange man , and at one point thought God was talking to her.

It wasn’t just her top. She had a 1-piece that she had undone the top straps. She lost the entire suit and it never did turn up LOL

You can sort threads at the top of the page, either by most replies or most views. Of course, you have to skip the first couple dozen pages of threads to get to something other than a 'clique' thread.

You can sort threads at the top of the page, either by most replies or most views. Of course, you have to skip the first couple dozen pages of threads to get to something other than a 'clique' thread.

That's cool - I never noticed you could do that!

Wedding and baby shower threads are usually entertaining. If I see they’re up to 3 pages, I grab a Diet Coke, turn on the fireplace and pull the afghan over me. :)

Yes mom I remember this one. I think we actually would talk about it. Lordy. That person was awful.

Now that Im thinking about it, I dont think the bun splitters were on the Community Board. I think it was something that spoken about and named on the Budge Board lol

Okay, going to sleep. We will be at your house at 4 am to pick you up for our flight!

I only post and read fluff, I have a serious side but thats not why I am here, Im here to relax and enjoy things ( on a side note I do hate when people get mad at something I said in a thread, its a JOKE)

The corn people thread disappeared after one of the server change-overs. Too bad... what I can remember of it was pretty hilarious; it was all based on a family at WDW spotted sitting curbside, eating corn right out of the can! I also remember the bread-buttering thread. That was a good one, too. OH, and the long-running "Are turkey legs really emu?" threads!! And then there are the wedding threads. Cover-your-plate always gets a rise out of people. I recently asked a question about honeymoon funds that went for 12 pages; I was feeling almost legendary!

WOW, I just looked at my join date. It'll be 20 years in September!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter