Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Can anyone tell me if there are sabers in the park that light up, but are inexpensive, like the knock offs at toy stores? They can be kid sized. Or is it just Savi's products and the legacy sabers that light up? I'd like the kids to get photos with lit sabers at night, but not paying $800 so they can each have one.
They can build sabers at Tatooine Traders for $40 or so per lightsaber.

Thanks for the video. Mweh, those Tatooine Trader models look too dim, I think, to achieve the effect I want in photos. Our next-door neighbor has a kid-proportioned generic model that doesn't telescope, makes sound effects, and is nice and bright. I don't want to travel with them both ways, but that might be what I need to do.

Thanks for the video. Mweh, those Tatooine Trader models look too dim, I think, to achieve the effect I want in photos. Our next-door neighbor has a kid-proportioned generic model that doesn't telescope, makes sound effects, and is nice and bright. I don't want to travel with them both ways, but that might be what I need to do.

all I saw at Disney were the cheap flashlight style or the more expensive ones from either Dok Ondars or Savis. You might be able to get off slightly cheaper at Dok Ondars getting the smallblade and the cheapest hilt but still $150 or more.

The Disney store ones are decent. Looks like they’re $32.99 regular price now. I got Luke’s blue one on clearance ages ago. Took it in for pics one night last month and they turned out great. They now sell the same thing under Rey’s name, despite the fact the saber hilt changed a bit by the time it reaches Rey.

My kids made the Tatooine Traders sabers a few years ago and they've held up well. They are very bright if it's dark around them (sorry it's so blurry, but you can see how bright they are) saber night action.jpg and you can definitely see that they are on during the day. My son also has a Mace Windu saber from Disney Store and it's smaller and not as bright, but that may be because it's purple.saber day.jpg

We will be in the world 12/7-12/14. My SIL wants to build a light saber at Savi's but when checking for availability all of December is closed. Oct. & Nov. are fine. I thought you could schedule 180 days out. Is there something I'm missing?

We will be in the world 12/7-12/14. My SIL wants to build a light saber at Savi's but when checking for availability all of December is closed. Oct. & Nov. are fine. I thought you could schedule 180 days out. Is there something I'm missing?

They are probably completely booked. Keep checking back.

As said above.

I have two single builder reservations (only way I could get one for me & my dad). I keep checking in case a time for two builders open up. I'll cancel the other single reservations if it happens.

I might not be using the best search terms, so apologies in advance if I missed the answer.
Where do you put your lightsaber (or the blade, since the hilt could detach and go in a backpack) on a ride if you are carrying it around with you after having made one at Savi's? (Yes, I know we can ship it back to our Disney resort; but I'm pretty sure the words pry, cold, dead, and hands would be included in the response I would get to suggesting that to DD and DS who are both adults and taller than I.)

On SDD it fits on the floor. We had no problem bringing it on.

Having the LEDs in the blade on the sabers is a huge design flaw IMO. You are just asking for one to go out if it is bumped on anything. It would be much more durable with the LEDs in the hilt the way most people custom making them do. Of course, that would mean you wouldn't have to buy Disney's proprietary blade.

Having the LEDs in the blade on the sabers is a huge design flaw IMO. You are just asking for one to go out if it is bumped on anything. It would be much more durable with the LEDs in the hilt the way most people custom making them do. Of course, that would mean you wouldn't have to buy Disney's proprietary blade.

LED in the hilt would not be able to illuminate the blade gradually though, so it wouldn’t look as good turning on and off.

if you are really worried about durability, I saw a video on YouTube showing how to pull the light strip from the blade they give you, and put it inside a sturdier fighting blade so it still attaches to the Savi hilt.

LED in the hilt would not be able to illuminate the blade gradually though, so it wouldn’t look as good turning on and off.

if you are really worried about durability, I saw a video on YouTube showing how to pull the light strip from the blade they give you, and put it inside a sturdier fighting blade so it still attaches to the Savi hilt.
I just don't think one should have to mod a $200 saber to make it durable enough for light use.

I actually saw a Savi's video this morning from WDW where the Builder and his wife were the only guests in the room! Kenme was the younger African American woman with long hair, if that rings a bell, and she did a nice job of handling it but it was a little odd with only one party. I've seen smaller groups (4 or 5 builders), but nothing like this.

So are the very small groups in the workshop maybe stand-bys at 7am EEMH or something?

I might not be using the best search terms, so apologies in advance if I missed the answer.
Where do you put your lightsaber (or the blade, since the hilt could detach and go in a backpack) on a ride if you are carrying it around with you after having made one at Savi's? (Yes, I know we can ship it back to our Disney resort; but I'm pretty sure the words pry, cold, dead, and hands would be included in the response I would get to suggesting that to DD and DS who are both adults and taller than I.)

I rode smuggler's run with my lightsaber. I just set it on the floor next to me in it's case.

Wish there was a way to have the experience at savis with a legacy saber. The legacy ones seem so much nicer.

Sorry if this has been asked - the fine print for both Savi and DD says to bring the card you reserved with along with a photo ID. Do you have to actually pay with that card? Ill bring it but I prefer to use a gift card to pay.
I am wondering this too. Did you get an answer? I have gift cards burning a hole in my purse :0

I am wondering this too. Did you get an answer? I have gift cards burning a hole in my purse :0
Well I answered my own question because our trip was last week! They couldn’t care less about the original card OR a photo ID at any location. We checked in with a girl with an iPad at DD, Savi’s, and Oga’s, and went right to the desk to pay (or the server came to us at Oga’s). I used a gift card at DD and Oga’s and a different credit card at Savi’s. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter