Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Our trip is coming up next week, and having dawdled I'd given up on reservations for either the droid or lightsaber activities. I did sort of have my heart set on the Star Wars VIP Tour, which was still showing on the website while I was making plans, but when I'd call nobody knew if it was even still happening. Well, now that it does seem to have vanished and that money has gone back into the planning budget, I decided once more to look for droid and/or lightsaber reservations, and to my surprise - there must have been cancellations - I found both of them available at convenient times on one of the days we were planning for the Studios. So, that afternoon my husband will be building a droid, and later on, I'll do a lightsaber. We agreed that, along with the entire trip, these are our main Christmas presents this year, we'll just get smaller (cheaper) items to unwrap on the day.

We're also taking his old "build your own lightsaber" hilt from several years ago, to see if we can find a place still selling some of the parts they were missing when he made it. We'll make a fun scavenger hunt out of it.
Congrats on your findings! These are great Christmas presents!
That is great you got the reservations- and for convenient times too!

We are doing similar this year for Christmas - for us and for the kids. Each will still get on represent from Santa but otherwise it is this trip and the GE souvenirs as gift from us (younger two want a Droid, older one wants a lolth cat). We are wrapping up the box the magic bands came in - been trying to keep it as a surprise (we don't go until February)
Ah! Surprises. I never ever could have kept a Disney trip as a surprise. You will have to record them opening up the magic bands!

Congrats on your findings! These are great Christmas presents!

Ah! Surprises. I never ever could have kept a Disney trip as a surprise. You will have to record them opening up the magic bands!

This is the first time we have ever done a surprise - so will see how it goes. It's been fun messing with them as they are something new at WDW and say "I want to do that!" And I respond with "well, maybe someday, if we ever go back"

This is the first time we have ever done a surprise - so will see how it goes. It's been fun messing with them as they are something new at WDW and say "I want to do that!" And I respond with "well, maybe someday, if we ever go back"
love it!!

Apologies if this has been asked before, but how spacious are the droid backpacks? I'm hoping to use them as my kids' carry ons for our return flight. The droids (and the trip itself of course) are their big Christmas present, but I was hoping their stocking stuffer presents could fit in there too. If my youngest builds a BB8 droid, could he fit a 2 paw patrol cars and pups in the droid backpack with it? Thanks!

Apologies if this has been asked before, but how spacious are the droid backpacks? I'm hoping to use them as my kids' carry ons for our return flight. The droids (and the trip itself of course) are their big Christmas present, but I was hoping their stocking stuffer presents could fit in there too. If my youngest builds a BB8 droid, could he fit a 2 paw patrol cars and pups in the droid backpack with it? Thanks!
BB8 is defintlitely smaller than an R2 unit. Looking at the backpack there is a bunch of foam padding in the bottom to protect your droid which takes up a lot of space. Here is a pic of BB8 inside the backpack. He sits up high enough so he can see outside the "window" but there is a good 3-4" of padding preventing him from sliding down to the bottom.
45594520191201_185115.jpg

also a couple of things about this backpack.
One if you have the BB unit it has a little chain on the top that you clip to the head of the BB to prevent it from slipping sideways while you walk
Two if you take the foam base, you have a pretty spacious regular backpack

also a couple of things about this backpack.
One if you have the BB unit it has a little chain on the top that you clip to the head of the BB to prevent it from slipping sideways while you walk
Two if you take the foam base, you have a pretty spacious regular backpack
So that's what that little chain is for?

I walked around with my R2, phone, kid’s shoulder porg in mine. I could have shoved more in there if I needed to. It’s a nice and spacious backpack.

I know this probably answered somewhere in this long thread, but I checked the first post and about the last 10 pages... do I need to book droid or lightsaber packages when I make ADR’s? Or is with Fastpasses, or ?? Tomorrow is our ADR day and I noticed on the reminder I git from Touring plans that it mentioned experience reservations. We haven’t settled yet on if we are doing any.

I know this probably answered somewhere in this long thread, but I checked the first post and about the last 10 pages... do I need to book droid or lightsaber packages when I make ADR’s? Or is with Fastpasses, or ?? Tomorrow is our ADR day and I noticed on the reminder I git from Touring plans that it mentioned experience reservations. We haven’t settled yet on if we are doing any.
If reservations are showing as available when you are booking tomorrow, book them now. You can always cancel later.

I know that I can buy extra kyber crystals at Dok-Ondar's. Does anyone have any tips on finding the rare Black kyber crystals? DS & I are doing a 3 day trip in the spring and this is something he has been talking about! Thanks

I know that I can buy extra kyber crystals at Dok-Ondar's. Does anyone have any tips on finding the rare Black kyber crystals? DS & I are doing a 3 day trip in the spring and this is something he has been talking about! Thanks
They have changed the packaging to make it harder to find so you will likely just be luck of the draw.

It's the chance you take in buying the red. I'm pretty sure everyone would like the black one. I know I've purchased 3 red crystals in our quest for the black. Think of it like a lottery ticket!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter