Strange But True

ILUVDXL

<font color=teal>What makes you think there is onl
Good Morning, everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend. Here is Monday's edition.

At 12 years old, an African named Ernest Loftus made is first entry in his diary and continued every day for 91 years.

At age 16, Confucius was a corn inspector.

At age 47, the Rolling Stone's bassist, Bill Wyman began a relationship with 13 year old Mandy Smith, with her mothers blessing. Six years later they were married, but the marriage lasted only a year. Not long after, Bill's 30 year old son Stephen married Mandy's mother, age 46. That made Stephen a stepfather to his former stepmother. If Bill and Mandy had remarried, Stephen would have been his father's father-in-law and his own grandpa. (this one gives me a headache.)

The Stanley Hotel, features the the movie "The Shining" is still in existence. It is located in Estes Park, Coloradao.

Because baby pigs grow so quickly, a succession of 48 pigs were used in the title role during the filming of the 1995 movie hit "Babe" (I own and love that movie)

The band Duran Duran got it's name from an astronaut in the 1968 Jane Fonda movie "Barbarella".

In Victorian times, there was an intense fear of being buried alive, so when someone died, a small hole was dug from the casket to the surface. A string was tied around the dead persons finger which was then attached to a small but loud bell that was hung on the surface of the grave, so that if someome was buried alive, they could ring the bell and whomever was on duty would go and dig them up. Someone was on the clock 24-hours a day hence the graveyard shift. (wow, I'm out of breath)

7'1 basketball star Wilt Chamberlain's parents were 5'8.

Alexander the Great was tutored by Aristotle and was also an epileptic.

Agustus Caesar had achluophobia -- the fear of sitting in the dark.

Have a great day.

Thanks Kathy! I knew about Bill Wyman, but not his son and former MIL.......creepy!! As if marrying a 13 yr old wasn't bad enough..
CC

Someone was on the clock 24-hours a day hence the graveyard shift.

Did this practice give us the phrase "dead ringer" ? I don't see how it could, though :confused:

Thanks, KATHI. We just spent the weekend at the MOUNT WASHINGTON HOTEL..........in many ways, it reminds me of the STANLEY HOTEL...........my DW has always refused to see the SHINING....................

Mt. Washington Hotel, New Hampshire
photo3.jpg

I love that hotel EROS...it is gorgeous...How was Santa's Village???

In Victorian times, there was an intense fear of being buried alive, so when someone died, a small hole was dug from the casket to the surface. A string was tied around the dead persons finger which was then attached to a small but loud bell that was hung on the surface of the grave, so that if someome was buried alive, they could ring the bell and whomever was on duty would go and dig them up. Someone was on the clock 24-hours a day hence the graveyard shift. (wow, I'm out of breath)

Can someone do this for me?? I want to make sure?? really I do???
:teeth: lol

At age 16, Confucius was a corn inspector.

He should have lived in IOWA!!

Thanks, Kathy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter