Survivor : Gabon Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey wait a second! I am SOOO not scared of you Pink

"Due to the popularity of the Survivor's shows, Montana is planning to do its own, titled 'Survivor -Montana Style.'

The contestants will start in Billings, travel over to Bozeman and on to Butte.

Then, they will head north to Helena, Great Falls, Conrad and Shelby.

From there they will proceed east to Havre and Malta.

Then they will go south to Grass Range and Roundup and the final leg will be back to Billings.

Each will be driving a pink Volvo with California license plates and a HUGE bumper sticker that reads:

"I'm gay. I'm a vegetarian. Beer is harmful to your health. Republicans stink. Hillary in 2008. Deer hunting is murder, and I'm here to confiscate your guns."

The first one that makes it back to Billings alive wins."

This would be hysterically funny :lmao: if it wasn't so gosh-darned true... :sad2:

At this point, I'm not convinced there's even going to be a Survivor Fantasy: Gabon running on the CBS site.

I think it's safe to say there will be NO private tribes this year; however, we could still put teams together right here on the DIS for a little "friendly" competition...

Unfortunately, I have not been able to pick my team YET. I did some digging around and it looks like CBS is aware of the problems with the Fantasy League page, but it doesn't seem to be a priority to them.... something to the effect that we may have to wait until Survivor 18 in 2009. Grrrr....

So... we can either ditch the whole thing, or we can try to run our own Fantasy League here on the DIS. It will be a ton of work and will take more time than usual, but I think it could be done. I don't mind being a score keeper; however, we may have to throw out the "name sayer" scoring because quite frankly I don't have the time to watch each episode 3-4 times counting up every time Jeff Probst says one of the 16 Survivors' names (it was 3 points per name say, and last year, some survivors had their name said 40-50 times!) This really stinks because "name saying" was a BIG part of my strategy last year. Unless someone wants to join me in that endeaver... :hug:

I do think I could manage taking notes while I watch each episode of challenge winners, exilers, challenger sitters, criers, tree mail readers... have I left anything off? We could even come up with our own bonus ideas... I would then tally up the points for each Survivor. If you could each post your 4 picks each week, I could give you your total.

I just ask that you remember I'm human :) and I will make mistakes... especially if we decide to include "name saying." Please don't scream down my back if I inadvertently make an error on some aspect of your scoring.

Now it looks like we have 16 Survivors and 17 Players (including Taz). Would anyone be willing to split that with me for scoring? You score half and I'll score half?

ETA: Just to let you know, I'm talking off the top of my head here. I have NOT thought this through realistically. I'm not even convinced myself I am up for the task. Just throwing out complete randomness... Probably a whole lot easier to just ditch the Survivor Fantasy idea :(

At this point, I'm not convinced there's even going to be a Survivor Fantasy: Gabon running on the CBS site.

I think it's safe to say there will be NO private tribes this year; however, we could still put teams together right here on the DIS for a little "friendly" competition...

Unfortunately, I have not been able to pick my team YET. I did some digging around and it looks like CBS is aware of the problems with the Fantasy League page, but it doesn't seem to be a priority to them.... something to the effect that we may have to wait until Survivor 18 in 2009. Grrrr....

So... we can either ditch the whole thing, or we can try to run our own Fantasy League here on the DIS. It will be a ton of work and will take more time than usual, but I think it could be done. I don't mind being a score keeper; however, we may have to throw out the "name sayer" scoring because quite frankly I don't have the time to watch each episode 3-4 times counting up every time Jeff Probst says one of the 16 Survivors' names (it was 3 points per name say, and last year, some survivors had their name said 40-50 times!) This really stinks because "name saying" was a BIG part of my strategy last year. Unless someone wants to join me in that endeaver... :hug:

I do think I could manage taking notes while I watch each episode of challenge winners, exilers, challenger sitters, criers, tree mail readers... have I left anything off? We could even come up with our own bonus ideas... I would then tally up the points for each Survivor. If you could each post your 4 picks each week, I could give you your total.

I just ask that you remember I'm human :) and I will make mistakes... especially if we decide to include "name saying." Please don't scream down my back if I inadvertently make an error on some aspect of your scoring.

Now it looks like we have 16 Survivors and 17 Players (including Taz). Would anyone be willing to split that with me for scoring? You score half and I'll score half?

ETA: Just to let you know, I'm talking off the top of my head here. I have NOT thought this through realistically. I'm not even convinced myself I am up for the task. Just throwing out complete randomness... Probably a whole lot easier to just ditch the Survivor Fantasy idea :(

That would be tons of work.

Coudlnt everyone join a public tribe, and take a screenshot of there points? That could work.

That would be tons of work.

Coudlnt everyone join a public tribe, and take a screenshot of there points? That could work.

Yes, that would work *IF* CBS runs a fantasy league this season. I am saying there is a real possiblity that there will be NONE for Gabon.

Well, maybe I spoke too prematurely. In speaking with KrazyPete, he is able to pick his team. Apparently it's me that has the problem. Just checked a few minutes ago and still am unable to choose a team.

Can everyone please post here and let me know if you are able to choose your team or not choose your team?

Wondering if it's just me who can't get the site to work....

You all may have to carry on without me, which is fine because it will leave the teams a nice even number. I will cheer from the sidelines :yay: (and perhaps Pete will have a chance at winning ;) )

Well, maybe I spoke too prematurely. In speaking with KrazyPete, he is able to pick his team. Apparently it's me that has the problem. Just checked a few minutes ago and still am unable to choose a team.

Can everyone please post here and let me know if you are able to choose your team or not choose your team?

Wondering if it's just me who can't get the site to work....

You all may have to carry on without me, which is fine because it will leave the teams a nice even number. I will cheer from the sidelines :yay:

I joined last, so it would be me. I can cheer from the sidelines instead :teeth:

OK, well I guess it's me that's sitting out then.

Taz, you may have my spot.

No way Pink!!! You so kick butt at this game! :worship: I need competition!
I was just letting you know that I was able to put together a team not claiming my place in the game. I will sit out if there be anyone sitting out. :)
There will be no cheering from the sidelines from you! (To be said like the Soup Nazi)

I was just letting you know that I was able to put together a team not claiming my place in the game. I will sit out if there be anyone sitting out. :)
There will be no cheering from the sidelines from you! (To be said like the Soup Nazi)

I appreciate that, See, but you have a spot in the game. No worries. :)

It's not a problem with the even/odd numbers of DIS players. It's a problem of the CBS website acting up. You, Jedi, and KrazyPete have all been able to pick your teams sucessfully; I cannot for whatever reason - just tried again a couple minutes ago.

I can't play without a team. You'd be kicking my butt for sure!

If you get it working, I will sit out.

I can still post my score and not be on a team :goodvibes

If you get it working, I will sit out.

I can still post my score and not be on a team :goodvibes

I vote Aengus sits out.

Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter