• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Connors

I like Becky too! Everyone's saying how she can't act, but I love her character!!

I don't like Harris AT ALL!!
I think the problem with Harris is one of two things. The actress is on Shameless and she actually is pretty good on that show. I think the problem is either the writing for her character is bad or she is a one-note kind of actor, because she's playing her Connor's character pretty much like her Shameless character.

I don't get the thinking that Roseanne intentionally planned to exit her original creation, signing away millions of dollars in the process and simultaneously torching her future career? She could have simply come back for the reboot, kept plans entirely secret and the show could have simply returned with the very same storyline they've gone with this season AND she could have still been making bank and have a wide slate of career options at her disposal if she chose. Seems like a pretty ridiculous conspiracy plan that at the very least an agent, her legal team, someone with an idea of how dollars and cents works, might have suggested not using the nuclear option if it was really a "plan".

As much as I'd love it to be some wild conspiracy theory, you are right.

Evan as crazy as Roseanne is she's not THAT crazy to just set money on fire like that.

If it were true, I think that story would be WAY better than the show ever was!!

I think the problem with Harris is one of two things. The actress is on Shameless and she actually is pretty good on that show. I think the problem is either the writing for her character is bad or she is a one-note kind of actor, because she's playing her Connor's character pretty much like her Shameless character.

I noticed that too. She better be careful or she'll quickly become typecast or not get much work in the future.

I noticed that too. She better be careful or she'll quickly become typecast or not get much work in the future.

Yes she is a pretty good actress on Shameless so I'm thinking it's the writing also, may get better.

I didn't think the show was bad, there aren't that many good shows on anyway IMO so I'll probably watch it here and there. Jackie annoys me the most she is over acting and I think they should give more opportunities to the other actors who may do better if the writing gets better for them. The opioid thing I think was smart, sadly many of us know people. It was slow in places and other places not bad and moving. I did watch the original Roseanne when it first came out for a few seasons but the last seasons I had lost interest in it.

Last edited:

I also enjoyed Dan's interaction with Mark. Having to confront his own discomfort with Mark's gender identity, and crushing on a boy. This is a relationship that I hope to see more of as it evolves.
I feel bad for the character. I don't think Joey(?) is going to react well when/if Mark reveals his feelings.

I feel bad for the character. I don't think Joey(?) is going to react well when/if Mark reveals his feelings.

I got the impression both boys that he was deciding to sit next to are gay, as they both asked to sit next to him. Maybe I'm wrong, but from what I remember when I was that age boys didn't ask other boys to sit next to them on a school bus trip, they just sort of sat down. I'm a woman so maybe I'm wrong about that, but boys only asked girls they liked to sit next to them on the bus. Of course 30 years later gay boys are probably more comfortable to ask a boy they like to sit next to them on the bus as in this situation with Mark.

I got the impression both boys that he was deciding to sit next to are gay, as they both asked to sit next to him. Maybe I'm wrong, but from what I remember when I was that age boys didn't ask other boys to sit next to them on a school bus trip, they just sort of sat down. I'm a woman so maybe I'm wrong about that, but boys only asked girls they liked to sit next to them on the bus. Of course 30 years later gay boys are probably more comfortable to ask a boy they like to sit next to them on the bus as in this situation with Mark.
And both boys were at the house with him and hang out with him. He was wearing a skirt, leggings and a choker. I doubt it’s going to come as a huge surprise to either of them.

I watched it and enjoyed it. I did not find the jokes out of place-for the characters it had been 3 weeks since her death. And I think Jackie said something like they were tired of crying. I get that. And my family would have begun telling jokes, too. It would be part of our healing--the Conner family always made light of even tough situations as they coped.

Totally agree. I recently went to a wake for one of DD15's classmates. We were talking to his cousin, and he was telling us some funny stories. He said he felt kinda bad about laughing, but he knew his cousin would want it that way.

That was Mary Steenburgen???

I could tell by her voice, but she looked so bad I wasn't sure!

I don't even think she's that great of an actress on Shameless any more. She was when she was a kid but her arrogance shines through and just gets on my nerves.

I grew up watching Roseanne. She reminded me so much of my family, except my mother is not nearly as, um, goofy as Roseanne (my dad even looks like Dan). I was looking forward to the reboot, and enjoyed it. I was disappointed when they decided to cancel it, but was thrilled when they decided to move on without Roseanne. I liked the Conners. I'm excited that they're bringing David back, and I hope to see more of him. Him and Darlene have that quirky chemistry still and I love it.

I don't know. I was disappointed to find out she was such a bigot, but I have fond memories of watching Roseanne as a kid. Everything I know about juggling bills and living poor, I learned from her character :)
She's a human being -- not her character. Sometimes that's hard to separate.

I personally never enjoyed the show because Roseanne's character was so often crass and uncouth. Having grown up poor, it didn't necessarily ring true for me -- but, then, we were rural poor, which is a whole different lifestyle.
I read that ABC and Roseanne reached a settlement for the intellectual property so she will not profit off the new series. She said she did it so that the 200+ people who lost their jobs wouldn’t continue to suffer for her actions.
Whatever she may be like personally, she showed class by stepping back and thinking of all those people.

Me too. I don't envision it going well.

While it is possible that at least one of the other boys is gay, it possible that they just accept him, or one could be using him for some purpose. My boys are grades 2 and 3 and they discuss who they'll be sitting with on the bus, but again, they're younger.

I finally caught up on my DVR over the weekend and watched. I thought it was pretty good. I think future episodes will be better when they don't have to spend time explaining what happened to Roseanne and they are able to just get into everyday life sort of stuff.

I will continue to watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter