The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tia - My advice is to have nothing to do with this guy. I wouldn't even open the emails. Just delete them. That way you don't have to deal with the guilt. This has trouble written all over it. He has major issues. I know he was once a very important person in your life, but now it seems like his friendship can only mean trouble. :grouphug:

Tia, I agree with Tammi's advice, I think that answering him might actually make things worse in the long run, and just ignoring him is probably the best course to take.

Janet and Gary is still in Atlanta...

ETA: Sorry so short! I was still on the phone with her. They got delayed at their home airport, and then got delayed at ATL. Finally got some resolution around midnight and went to their hotel. Let's pray for good weather for the 4:40pm departure to Germany!!!

o geez--hope their 4:40 took off!

OMG! You aren't going to believe this. I got a Ding for SW for my return flight in May......$29!!!!! So, I canceled and rebooked both legs, because the flight down was a bit cheaper too! I now have a $263 credit that I can use toward my October trip! So airfare for 3 of us for our May trip is $381!

WOOHOOOOOOOO!!

All caught up! Were still waiting to hear if my dad will be coming home tonight--snowing again and hes not sure if he will get out..he was supposed to be home yesterday so i hope he can get home!

Other than that, no plans but homework for tonight--so ill be in and out all night im sure!

Yup, having year round allergies stinks cause you get no relief. :(

I can sympathize with you, Heidi. I have sinus and allergy issues as well. Now with spring soon here I'm going to have to start popping my drugs to ward off any infection that I might get.

Hello, All!

YAY! It's the weekend! Of course we have to do DS's Science Fair project, I am supposed to go to Summer Camp Expo to gather info, and we are supposed to have dinner with DH's friend's parents. I am tired, and I am grouchy because my eyelid is driving me bonkers. I wish I could stay in all weekend in my pajamas.:guilty:

Denise - Glad to hear all is well with you!:)

Janet - I hope you haven't had any more delays!

Jennifer - Wow! I am sorry to hear the bus crash might have involved people Kyle and his family know.

Tammi - Enjoy your date!

Elin - Enjoy your date, too!;) I wonder where you will go and who you might see? All of a sudden I feel like humming "It's a Small World".:rotfl:

I know that someone will already have asked so I'll just add....ALWAYS!!! Your recipes are always winners so never hesitate to share! :goodvibes

Ok! Here's the recipe for Warm Winter Lemon Cake

1 pkg. yellow cake mix
2 C. cold milk
1 1/4 C. water
2 pkg. (4 serving size) instant lemon pudding mix
1/3 C. granulated sugar
2 Tbs. powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cake mix as directed on package. Pour batter into greased 13 X 9 baking dish. Pour milk and water into a large bol. Add dry pudding mixes and granulated sugar. Whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Pour over cake batter. Place pan on cookie sheet to catch drippings. Bake 55 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 20 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm.

This makes a pudding cake that is gooey, but not overly sweet! I can't wait to try different variations on it: chocolate cake with chocolate pudding, white cake with butterscotch pudding, chocolate cake with cheesecake pudding. The possibilities go on and on!

So, we had some not so great news around here yesterday. My BIL called Kristi around 11am yesterday and asked her to come pick him up at work. Apparently, the car dealership has decided to lay him off. He was the customer service manager at a local Toyota dealership. The craziest part was that just the day before, he had been told to submit his ring for a new diamond as he had earned the Manager's Excellence Award again this year.

From what I am learning, dealership manager jobs are pretty volitible, but it was still a shock. Today would have been his 3rd anniversary at the dealership and he got the Manager's Excellence Award either 2 or 3 of those 3 years.

The good thing though is that we are hearing from others in the business that it is usually pretty easy to find a position at another dealership around here. Now Chris just has to decide whether to stay in the car business or look elsewhere. He has already gotten 2 calls from people he either worked with or who knew of him there with job offers or leads.

The worst part, though, is that Kristi is scheduled to have surgery on her wrist at the end of March. She has had surgery twice for a giant cell tumor in her wrist and it has grown back again. Until they do the procedure, her bone will continue to weaken and fracture.

Okay, sorry, enough venting. Luckily, it looks like Chris should be able to find something soon so hopefully there won't be any issues.

:grouphug: to your BIL and Sister. I hope it all works out for them!

Jen, my heart goes out to those young men and their families in that bus accident. What a tragic and horrible event. Everyone in Atlanta is talking about it and praying for all those hurt and killed.

I need some DDA pixie dust..my dad wasnt able to fly out yesterday and now he has left the gate but still on the runway...he only has a 30 min layover and lookslike he may miss his connecting flight..any pixie dust to spare?

:wizard: :wizard:
I need some DDA pixie dust..my dad wasnt able to fly out yesterday and now he has left the gate but still on the runway...he only has a 30 min layover and lookslike he may miss his connecting flight..any pixie dust to spare?

Hi, everyone. Just popping in to say hi. Lynn and I aren't anywhere near where the tornados hit in GA. Americus, Columbus, and S. GA were affected. And then we had that horrendous bus accident on I-75 today. That's all that is on our news. It is just so sad.

Anyway, we're all good and just wanted to say hi! Have a good weekend!

I'm so glad to hear that you weren't affected by the tornadoes. I hope all is well with your family!

Ok, I admit I haven't read the DDA thread in a long time. Anyone care to do Cliff Notes and catch me up? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does this mean you're coming back to us? We've missed you so very much around here!

OK - a quick update... I did not book the airfare. Something inside me is hesitant about this trip and that is NOT like me at all. Bob came home early from work and we decided to let it ride for a couple of days. As he said, $50 will not make or break my ability to go and there may be a reason I am feeling this way. So... for now... no April/May trip.

I am out of here to go teach and then Bob and I are going to spy on... I mean go out to eat downtown. ;) See you all later!
:grouphug: Goodluck in your decision.

Hi, everyone. Just popping in to say hi. Lynn and I aren't anywhere near where the tornados hit in GA. Americus, Columbus, and S. GA were affected. And then we had that horrendous bus accident on I-75 today. That's all that is on our news. It is just so sad.

Thanks for checking in! Nice to hear you & Lynn are OK.

Prayers for the all those families.

:wizard: pixiedust: :wizard:pixiedust: :wizard: pixiedust: :wizard: pixiedust: Hope your dad makes it home safely without too much stress or delay!

WOOHOO! I'm the proud owner of a Sorcerer Pal Mickey! Thanks for the PD!
:mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum

Tammi - Enjoy your date!

Elin - Enjoy your date, too!;) I wonder where you will go and who you might see? All of a sudden I feel like humming "It's a Small World".:rotfl:

Hi Elizabeth!
Elin, have fun!

:tinker:

Glad to hear you & Lynn are o.k.

Yeah Elin,

Have fun tonight checking ...ummm, spying....ummmm, scouting out...ummm, taking pictures???? :rotfl:

Enjoy your evening out:goodvibes
::yes:: ::yes::

I forgot to say this yesterday:

Abi was on the front cover of our YourHub.com with her Girl Scout troop. She's adorable:goodvibes . But I couldn't find an online link to show you all. :sad1:
Wow! Cool!

There are a bunch that are trying to go to WDW the same weekend.

And I know I am forgetting somebody!!! Hope they will chime in!!

Great recap! I couldn't remember all that!:eek: :eek:
Don't forget to add I get to go to WDW with Tammi, Chanon, & Janet this October & we are going to meet up with more DDA friends!
party:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter