*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

We drive 9-10 hours from Alabama. Financially it just doesn't make sense for us to fly. I can drive for $125 round-trip. I have flown a couple of times when there was only an hour difference once I add in travel time to the airport, getting there 2 hours early, waiting for DME and then being the last stop on the resort route. I hate being at the mercy of the airlines! But, now I have to pay parking fees:(

and renting a car

We drive 9-10 hours from Alabama. Financially it just doesn't make sense for us to fly. I can drive for $125 round-trip. I have flown a couple of times when there was only an hour difference once I add in travel time to the airport, getting there 2 hours early, waiting for DME and then being the last stop on the resort route. I hate being at the mercy of the airlines! But, now I have to pay parking fees:(

We’re driving from Illinois. Flights for 6 people is costly. It’s our third family trip to wdw and we have come me to enjoy the road trips. It’s time spent together on adventure.

38 Days until our trip and 19 working days! ( I work 3 twelve hours shifts a week)
I have everything I need for the trip now except a travel thing of sugar for our dvc room for coffee, started packing a couple weeks ago. Have 4 shifts to iron transfers on to and then Im done just a bit more packing to do..

So my sons gf is getting in the spirit she is making her Rapunzel outfit and making my son a Flynn Ryder costume for our MNSSHP night, I cant even tell you how that makes me feel, I pray and hope that she gets the Disney bug and falls in love with it like me!

Car is so much better than flying. If I lived anything 12 hours or less, I would drive.
We live in Charleston SC and its a 6 hour drive for us, we leave after my husband finishes his route on the 7th hoping he can get it done for in time for us to leave around 2 pm so we can stop at a drive through on the way out of town, stop at Florida welcome center and then straight through to Dolphin resort for the first 2 nights.
I took the 7th off so I can run car through the car wash, get some last min cash, make sure we have plenty of dog food for the babysitter, make sure bills are paid for next two weeks and Ill pack the car and be ready to go for when hubby is ready to go!

I had a moment of insanity today and looked at the Disney website to see what resorts were still available for the Free Dining offer.
Imagine my surprise when AKL popped up for a standard view room for only $150 a night more than what we're paying to stay at POP! I called DH at work to see what he had to say and he said "Fine, book it!", and I called and booked it!! :jumping1:

So now we're staying at AKL with Free Dining from 9/13-9/17, then switching to Beach Club. :) I'm sure the resort is a bit discounted because the pool at Jambo House will be closed, but we can go over to Kidani and use that pool.
I'm so psyched! We've never stayed at a Deluxe! DH has always wanted to stay there because he loves the animals and the safari at Animal Kingdom.
(Also, I hope he secretly falls in love with it and decides to buy DVC, but that's a different story. :thumbsup2 )

Oh, and I also purchased my tix for MNSSHP today. Things are coming together quickly here!

I've just booked DME for our trip and were surprised to see that luggage delivery service is now available to international guests. I'm sure that didn't used to be the case as we've never received the luggage tags before. Also, unless you travel indirect via another US airport so you're landing in the domestic terminal, I don't see the point of the delivery service. I'm flying direct, so I would have to pick up my bags to take through customs and then return them to the transfer carousel to have DME take them. I think I'd rather just take them with me and know I have everything I need right away.

Some of you may remember I posted a thread a little ago about a PPO Be Our Guest reservation I had for 1 guest and how a friend had joined me for my trip and I was worried we wouldn't be able to enter Magic Kingdom with just one guest on that reservation. Well, thanks to a little birthday magic I got a TP notification today that a table for two at 8:05am was available and I was able to modify my reservation from 1 to 2 guests! Yay for that!!

And menus for F&W are now out and I can finally make a plan of attack!

It's a good birthday alright!

Some of you may remember I posted a thread a little ago about a PPO Be Our Guest reservation I had for 1 guest and how a friend had joined me for my trip and I was worried we wouldn't be able to enter Magic Kingdom with just one guest on that reservation. Well, thanks to a little birthday magic I got a TP notification today that a table for two at 8:05am was available and I was able to modify my reservation from 1 to 2 guests! Yay for that!!

And menus for F&W are now out and I can finally make a plan of attack!

It's a good birthday alright!

Happy birthday!

It's a north Georgia party! I'm in Gainesville/Oakwood and know both Cleveland and Winder well! I couldn't agree more with both of you about the fly/drive thing. We got APs for the first time this year and have made the trip several times with only 2 stops. We, luckily, have a 2 and 4 year old that sleep really well in the car. I just can't justify spending the money to fly when you really only save an hour.

We leave on the 15th for our final trip with APs. Hoping to get them again in the future, but are waiting to see how this September trip goes. We've loved it in the past, but the FP+ and reservation availability kinda scares me that it may be more crowded than in recent years in mid-September. We did a spur-of-the-moment January trip this year and LOVED it - Great weather, low crowds, not hot!

Ahhh! My husband works in Oakwood! Completely agree with you about flying. Hard to justify when Disney already takes all our money LOL! I have heard it's super nice in January! We do September every year cause of the low crowds but may have to change if the crowds are too high! I heard summer crowds haven't been all that bad.

We will be there September 3rd-8th, All Star Music. So excited! This will be our 10th trip since 2006. This trip I'm going with my 20 year old son, his girlfriend and my best friend. Woo hoo!

I'm a North Carolina girl and we drive. We don't mind it, about 9.5 hours. And we love the food and wine festival! Stay away on the weekends though. As previously stated, it gets packed.

Happy planning!

I've just booked DME for our trip and were surprised to see that luggage delivery service is now available to international guests. I'm sure that didn't used to be the case as we've never received the luggage tags before. Also, unless you travel indirect via another US airport so you're landing in the domestic terminal, I don't see the point of the delivery service. I'm flying direct, so I would have to pick up my bags to take through customs and then return them to the transfer carousel to have DME take them. I think I'd rather just take them with me and know I have everything I need right away.
I'm not international and I don't really see the appeal of the delivery service... it's a little more convenient in that you don't have to worry about pulling your luggage off the carousel and toting it to the bus and then to your room, but you run the risk of not seeing your bag for hours after you arrive. And you're adding another step to the baggage handling process where your bag could just... disappear.

I guess it would be nice if you were in a hurry to get into a park right away after arrival... personally, I'd rather have the peace of mind that my bag hasn't disappeared into airport oblivion.

Well, it is after midnight which officially makes it August...which means we all get to go to Disney World NEXT MONTH!!

poe36.gif

Well, it is after midnight which officially makes it August...which means we all get to go to Disney World NEXT MONTH!!
Same! Well, technically, we leave 29 days (oh dear Lord that just hit me like a ton of bricks) but honestly it's the BEST feeling ever, isn't it!? I'm so excited! It's so crazy to have waited so long and now its mere days away! I hope y'all have fun!

I'm not international and I don't really see the appeal of the delivery service... it's a little more convenient in that you don't have to worry about pulling your luggage off the carousel and toting it to the bus and then to your room, but you run the risk of not seeing your bag for hours after you arrive. And you're adding another step to the baggage handling process where your bag could just... disappear.

I guess it would be nice if you were in a hurry to get into a park right away after arrival... personally, I'd rather have the peace of mind that my bag hasn't disappeared into airport oblivion.

Yes, the part I bolded would be the only appeal to me, that I wouldn't have to wait for the luggage and I could just go straight to the bus. But in my case it would probably take longer as I would have to take my bags back to the carousel for DME to take them. But like you, I also want the peace of mind that it hasn't disappeared anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter