The walking dead amc #2

This is what I rolled my eyes at....Negan's female lieutenant. The one with the neck tattoo. She yielded, they rounded up all of Negan's people and brought them back to the hilltop. Later in the episode, maybe 2-3 hours in walking dead time, she is kneeling by some potted planted. Seriously? You just came out of a gun fight that you lost, you have chosen to live with and make peace with the enemy, but you get right to farming??? No transition time? No taking the rest of the day of and starting fresh tomorrow??? LMAO

This bothered me too. She was the one who "told" on Dwight. She was evil to the core, carrying out Negans orders. Then she's smiling and planting flowers. Made no sense.

We thought this episode was better than many of them this season, but still had so many eye roll moments for me...
  • On their way to supposed all out war, Jesus lectures Morgan on how he doesn't have to kill people; Carol essentially agrees. Looney tunes.
  • Aforementioned Jesus appears by the end of the episode to be on board with blood lust against Negan -- enough to join a plot to turn against Rick and Michonne. Ok.
  • The moment Negan's throat is slit, Rick gives the kumbaya speech -- everyone can just "go home" and live happily ever after. Does he know that all real lieutenants are dead?? He just trusts that they will all now be able to live in harmony? No trust but verify, no checking with Dwight whether they've gotten all the Simon's of the group?? Related to this, we're happily planting flowers by the end of the episode with people who were shooting at us mid-episode.
  • Just *ugh* with those women showing up with their Molotov cocktails or whatever.
  • This episode made Morgan leaving seem more ridiculous; he gives a little speech about how this world is all about people, and just when they are about to (supposedly) live in peace, he's outta' there. Ok.
  • Still hard to buy that in this situation, Negan would be allowed to live. Too much of a risk that in captivity he might charm his way out with some unwitting captor... all sorts of things can go wrong. Not to mention that this is Rick going back on a promise to Maggie to "finish Negan". Yeah, yeah... Carl... I know (insert contrived Gimple plot here). I know he lived in the comics (at least for a while, right?!) -- I haven't gotten there yet to see how they justify it there.

Yes.....Yes to all of this!! I just had a real issue with it taking 15 1/2 episodes to get to the final battle and then 20 minutes (with commercials) to actually have the final battle.

It was like the writers were sitting there saying "oh shoot...this is episode 16 already....we need to wrap this up."

I liked that Eugene finally stepped up but I'm definitely not buying that all these people that are injured by their guns blowing up in their hands are going to happily follow the enemy now. And not a single one had a good bullet in their gun from before?

And I'm totally confused by the baby. Was that supposed to be Judith or Grace? If that is Judith then she now back to being a baby (because she sure seemed smaller). And where is Grace? Or if that was Grace, where is Judith when all this was going on? You have this touching moment of Rick checking on Grace but not his own (sort of) daughter? Did I miss that they brought both of them out of the Hilltop? So confusing.....

Yes.....Yes to all of this!! I just had a real issue with it taking 15 1/2 episodes to get to the final battle and then 20 minutes (with commercials) to actually have the final battle.

It was like the writers were sitting there saying "oh shoot...this is episode 16 already....we need to wrap this up."

I liked that Eugene finally stepped up but I'm definitely not buying that all these people that are injured by their guns blowing up in their hands are going to happily follow the enemy now. And not a single one had a good bullet in their gun from before?

And I'm totally confused by the baby. Was that supposed to be Judith or Grace? If that is Judith then she now back to being a baby (because she sure seemed smaller). And where is Grace? Or if that was Grace, where is Judith when all this was going on? You have this touching moment of Rick checking on Grace but not his own (sort of) daughter? Did I miss that they brought both of them out of the Hilltop? So confusing.....

The baby Rick was checking on was Grace, not sure where Judith was, but it's probably easier for the show to deal with a baby than a toddler on set. So I guess we are just to assume Judith is somewhere else being taken care of.

Morgan told Jadis/Ann that Rick said she can join them now so I guess she will be at one of the communities. I learned that the time frame from when Rick fought Negan to Tara showing up at the Sanctuary is not next day, but weeks or months later. That's why saviors seemed more friendly than expected right after a battle. Which can be confusing since the last 2 years we have had to believe that only a few weeks have gone by, but then within 5 minutes on the show, months have past. How can we follow that?

I agree if we are to believe the flower planting happened weeks to even months after they should have indicated that. They did joke about the confusing timeline on TDT though. Maybe we can hope they will indicate time more if it's important to the storyline and for us to understand what the heck is going on.

It couldn't possibly have happened weeks or months later because right after that scene with the Saviors farming was the scene with Daryl taking Dwight to the woods, which couldn't have happened weeks or months later. If so, why would Dwight have had butterfly closures on his face still? And where was he for weeks or months before he was set free? Also, the scene with Jadis/Ann and Morgan was after the Savior farming scene and there's no way they waited weeks or months to tell her. And in Morgan's state of mind you can bet he was out of there ASAP to go be alone. The Savior scene was just weird and out of place.

I agree, it was very rushed. Very, very different from the snail's pace they were doing before. But too much crammed into the last episode.

This is what I rolled my eyes at....Negan's female lieutenant. The one with the neck tattoo. She yielded, they rounded up all of Negan's people and brought them back to the hilltop. Later in the episode, maybe 2-3 hours in walking dead time, she is kneeling by some potted planted. Seriously? You just came out of a gun fight that you lost, you have chosen to live with and make peace with the enemy, but you get right to farming??? No transition time? No taking the rest of the day of and starting fresh tomorrow??? LMAO

This bothered me too. She was the one who "told" on Dwight. She was evil to the core, carrying out Negans orders. Then she's smiling and planting flowers. Made no sense.
Yep. She's like "nah, we're cool, don't worry that we just tried to kill each other. I'm going to plant some things now". Stupid writing.

I’m curious where the storyline will go with the Oceanside’s as well as the hatred that Maggie, Darryl, and Jesus now have towards Rick. The hatred ftomnMaggie makes sense, but not Jesus and Darryl.
I saw it as they have hatred toward Negan, not Rick. They just don't agree with Rick's decision. Maggie is not the only person affected by Negan. What about Rosita? Negan killed Abraham. I really hope they don't do something stupid with Maggie's character.

• This episode made Morgan leaving seem more ridiculous; he gives a little speech about how this world is all about people, and just when they are about to (supposedly) live in peace, he's outta' there. Ok.
  • After you watch FTWD:
    I like Morgan's character and I didn't like the way they had him just leave without a word to Rick or Carol. It wasn't a good send off from TWD.

Eugene redeeming himself; and Rosita punching him for the vomit.
Rosita punching Eugene was my favorite part of the whole show. LOL!

It couldn't possibly have happened weeks or months later because right after that scene with the Saviors farming was the scene with Daryl taking Dwight to the woods, which couldn't have happened weeks or months later. If so, why would Dwight have had butterfly closures on his face still? And where was he for weeks or months before he was set free? Also, the scene with Jadis/Ann and Morgan was after the Savior farming scene and there's no way they waited weeks or months to tell her. And in Morgan's state of mind you can bet he was out of there ASAP to go be alone. The Savior scene was just weird and out of place.

Not to mention..MAGGIE IS STILL NOT SHOWING

Enjoyed the episode. Glad it wasn’t a cliff hanger. And don’t believe for one minute that the war is over.

And ugh to Maggie acting like she’s the only one who lost someone due to Negan.

I'll also add this...

I don't remember the exact location, but I do remember a while ago, maybe a few seasons ago, that they were building a jail cell. I honestly don't remember where they were or who was building it. Could have been at Hilltop. But I remember making a mental note of it because I knew from the comics that Negan may end up there and it seemed like that's where they were heading with the construction of it.
That was Morgan building it at Alexandria. I imagine it’s destroyed now

Finally got around to watching the finale episode. Are we to think that Maggie/Jesus/Darryl are plotting to kill Negan going against Rick/Michonne's wishes? Or are we to think that Maggie/Jesus/Darryl now have it out for Rick & Michonne and may want to take them out too?

Also, the note from Dwight's woman in the house said "honeymoon"... what is that supposed to mean? Is she still alive somewhere and that was a clue for Dwight to find her?

The finale episode was much more suspenseful than any other recent episode, but I have a hard time reconciling Jesus being willing to kill now when he was always the peacemaker talking people down from killing others. And I can't believe Rick was out to kill Negan this whole season and suddenly has this change of heart. I get that it was Carl inspired but how can they go on to build a functional, peaceful society with this group that they now have so much history and drama with. And the fact that the two groups seemingly assimilated so quickly after Rick's little speech didn't sit well with me either. But, I thought the episode was good and I'm curious where it will go next season now.

Finally got around to watching the finale episode. Are we to think that Maggie/Jesus/Darryl are plotting to kill Negan going against Rick/Michonne's wishes? Or are we to think that Maggie/Jesus/Darryl now have it out for Rick & Michonne and may want to take them out too?
I assumed this.

Also, the note from Dwight's woman in the house said "honeymoon"... what is that supposed to mean? Is she still alive somewhere and that was a clue for Dwight to find her?
This is what I assumed.

No one else has a problem with Rick slicing through Negan's throat, giving it a couple minutes, then telling them to "save him"? Can you recover from such a wound (it had to be more than a scratch for Negan to basically collapse) outside of an operating room?

No one else has a problem with Rick slicing through Negan's throat, giving it a couple minutes, then telling them to "save him"? Can you recover from such a wound (it had to be more than a scratch for Negan to basically collapse) outside of an operating room?
Well, that is obviously why they made the LUDICROUS decision to have their ONLY DOCTOR join an all-out war even though he doesn't appear well-equipped in the least to do so. Miracle surgery on a field -- without any equipment. :thumbsup2

The finale episode was much more suspenseful than any other recent episode, but I have a hard time reconciling Jesus being willing to kill now when he was always the peacemaker talking people down from killing others. And I can't believe Rick was out to kill Negan this whole season and suddenly has this change of heart. I get that it was Carl inspired but how can they go on to build a functional, peaceful society with this group that they now have so much history and drama with. And the fact that the two groups seemingly assimilated so quickly after Rick's little speech didn't sit well with me either. But, I thought the episode was good and I'm curious where it will go next season now.

I'm hoping Maggie/Daryl/Jesus are just plotting to kill Negan behind their back. If they are actually plotting to kill Rick and Michonne too, not sure I can watch this anymore.

I believe the note to Dwight saying honeymoon is a clue where to find her. I guess she didn't want to give her exact location since someone else could have found it.

Keeping Negan alive would have worked if Carl was still alive. You could have had Carl begging Rick to stop, that also probably would have helped with the Maggie/Daryl/Jesus situation if it was Carl who begged for Negan's life and not just Rick deciding to spare him. Again, stupid for the show to have killed Carl off since he was and still is a big part of the comics and the driving force for a lot of the things that has happened with Negan.

Regarding Maggie/Jesus/Darryl - I'm guessing they needed some kind of cliff hanger and this was it. Let us wonder from now until next season what Maggie is planning.

Regarding Dwight - I believe that was a clue to where his wife went. I am hoping that he finds her and returns to the group at some point.

Regarding Rick - I also had a hard time with the whole change of Rick's behavior. He had no problem wiping out all the saviors that saved him in the previous episode and would have been willing to work with them. But then decides to save Negan after all he has done to their group. Nope, just not buying it.

I think Maggie wants to go behind Rick's back to kill Negan. Rick won't kill him so she will. It does seem odd that Jesus would be part of that with all his talk about not killing. It was said on Talking Dead, I believe by Gimple, that Jesus doesn't believe in killing, but will make an exception for Negan.

Last edited:
Remember, while i's been almost a year for us the timeline it's only been a few weeks.

Previous posters were talking about the timeline. Talking Dead mentioned that when Tara showed up at the Sanctuary, it had been a few months later. (to explain why everyone seemed to be settled in their new role). So we were discussing how that is wrong, because if it had been months, Daryl taking Dwight out to the woods would not have happened months later, etc. I was pointing out how Maggie is still not showing at the end of the episode, so a time jump could not have happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter