Things to do in Baltimore, MD "We are back in ALABAMA!!"

I think I will take the kids to that lake this week to swim & we are going to a movie one day. They want to see Grown Up's, but I am not sure. A freind of mine said it had some things in it thats not good for young eyes & ears.

Also, I am looking at going to Hershey Park one day next week. We are running out of time!! I only have three weeks left, and only two weekends.

We have decided that the day we leave here we will drive to Gatlinburg, TN for a couple of days. Then head on home. My DH loves Gatlinburg like I love Disney. :rotfl2: We go every Christmas and sometimes in the summer.:laughing:

Bengies Drive In.....FRI. Sat. Sun. Three first run movies for $7 per person...wow what a deal. Great snack bar. The guy shows old "shorts" during intermission.Tom

The drive in is $8 a person 11 and older. The kids 10 and under are 1/2 price unless they are in a car seat then they are free. If you bring food in you have to pay $7 food pass. This is a great budget friendly activity!
http://bengies.com/

Hey, is Six Flags America still open? It is in MD somewhere outside DC. My dd went there last year and she said it was a great park. Something else for you to look into.
Yes, it's still open, but extremely packed on weekends.

Also, another day trip for you and the kids is to go to the Outlets in Lancaster... Rockvale Square, and Tanger Outlets...They are within a mile of each other both on 30... totally easy to find. I have friends in Philly I meet in Lancaster to shop with like once a month! :thumbsup2 That drive is about an hour for me cause I am alittle closer than Owings Mills.. But shouldn't be more than 1hour 20 for you to go to the outlets either.
Neither is hard to find, hershey or lancaster outlets!!
Bonus is that Dutch Wonderland is right across the street from Rockvale Square. Lancaster is a great trip to take. Lots of great road/town names there too: Bird in Hand, Intercourse.... http://www.padutchcountry.com/index.asp

If you go into Reading PA they have a Vanity Fair outlet, that's great. Also in Ephrata PA they have an indoor/outdoor type flea market/amish store place. It's only open on Fridays. I think it would really be worth the trip. It's huge. http://greendragonmarket.com/

Wowza Carla you guys are really getting around here. I think you've been to more places than I have and I've lived here my whole life. :rotfl2:

Here's a sidebar for the snowballs-- if you like chocolate covered cherries try a cherry cordial snowball. It's chocolate and cherry mixed--YUM!!! Also try a snowball with vanilla ice cream in the middle. YUM!!!

I'll have to look around and see what other fun things there are to do.

The drive in is $8 a person 11 and older. The kids 10 and under are 1/2 price unless they are in a car seat then they are free. If you bring food in you have to pay $7 food pass. This is a great budget friendly activity!
http://bengies.com/

Yes, it's still open, but extremely packed on weekends.

Bonus is that Dutch Wonderland is right across the street from Rockvale Square. Lancaster is a great trip to take. Lots of great road/town names there too: Bird in Hand, Intercourse.... http://www.padutchcountry.com/index.asp

If you go into Reading PA they have a Vanity Fair outlet, that's great. Also in Ephrata PA they have an indoor/outdoor type flea market/amish store place. It's only open on Fridays. I think it would really be worth the trip. It's huge. http://greendragonmarket.com/

Wowza Carla you guys are really getting around here. I think you've been to more places than I have and I've lived here my whole life. :rotfl2:

Here's a sidebar for the snowballs-- if you like chocolate covered cherries try a cherry cordial snowball. It's chocolate and cherry mixed--YUM!!! Also try a snowball with vanilla ice cream in the middle. YUM!!!

I'll have to look around and see what other fun things there are to do.

:rotfl2: Yes, we are doing pretty good so far. :laughing: I have found everything here has been pretty easy until we went to DC. Now that has me stressed out!! I don't know why I have waited so long to get to DC, but we only have three weeks left and now I am trying to cram it in, on a BUDGET, and it's stressful to me. Using the Metro has me stressed to the max. I am not sure what kind of pass I need. I am thinking the daily passes may be better for me. I am hoping to see it all in three to four days.

I must try the chocolate & cherry mixed snowball, it just keeps getting better & better!!:lmao:

Now, If I could just get my kids to bed at night. They are driving DH crazy wanting to stay up all night on the computers & texting. They have been fixing mid night snacks really late too and I am at my wits end. I will be glad to get back home to have them back in their rooms. Right now they are on a pull out sofabed & an air matress, which they take turns on, so they think it's a party in the den/kitchen area. I would put them in the bedroom, but I don't want to sleep on the sofa bed.:rotfl2: UGH! I think we have all had our fill of this. :laughing:

I can't really help you with the DC part. I try to stay out of there-- too busy.
This might help.

http://washington.org/

If you can get there, this is supposed to be a great place to visit. My son has been with his school and loved it.

http://www.spymuseum.org/

:rotfl2: I can't blame you for staying away from there. :lmao: I was so lost that it wasn't even funny. I normaly have a great sense of direction.

I have read that the spy museum is really neat, so we may try to go there. I am going to a book store to try to find DC for Dummies. :rotfl2: It might just help me. :upsidedow

I don't think you've mentioned trying Berger Cookies yet. Don't leave Baltimore without buying at least one pack. Of course, if you don't like chocolate, then you won't like the cookies. Although I can't fathom not liking chocolate . . .

I don't think you've mentioned trying Berger Cookies yet. Don't leave Baltimore without buying at least one pack. Of course, if you don't like chocolate, then you won't like the cookies. Although I can't fathom not liking chocolate . . .

I bought these the very first week we were here!!:rotfl2: They are WONDERFUL!! I have got to load up on them before we head home for all of my friends and famliy.:dance3: We are also in love with the UTZ Chips!!:rotfl2:

Carla, are you telling me your husband didn't drag you to the Utz factory when you went to the famous weiner... it was right around the corner! LOL:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Carla, are you telling me your husband didn't drag you to the Utz factory when you went to the famous weiner... it was right around the corner! LOL:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Oh he wanted too!!! They are closed on the weekends though. :rotfl2: I think they kids would have really liked it. :lmao:

Oh my!! Where did all of this rain come from???? I hope it stops soon. :wizard: I wanted to take the kids to a movie today, but I may push it to tomorrow. If I get out in the rain my hair will frizz! :crazy: :rotfl2:

I feel you on the Frizzy hair thing! LOL Rain Rain go away!
Man, I am gonna be so bored when your back home and this thread dies... we need to start a new thread! LOL:rotfl2:

You haven't mentioned trying seafood yet. I know you said you and your kids aren't fans of it, but you need to atleast try steamed crabs once (can be very messy but ooooh so good) or steamed shrimp. Marylanders are famous for their Old Bay usage-- it's a seafood spice. And can't be found all over. If you like the Old Bay you may want to stack up on that to take home.

My family and I recently tried a shrimp boil for the first time. We used Old Bay instead of the usual "boil" stuff. OMG it was sooo good. That recipe can be found on oldbay.com

Man, I am gonna be so bored when your back home and this thread dies... we need to start a new thread! LOL:rotfl2:

:lmao: I know!! I am going to miss it too!!:sad1: We will have to think of something new. :rotfl2:

So I braved the rain today and took the kids to see Grown Ups. It was very funny!! We went to the Westminister Mall because it was closer. We were in Theater 4... and if you have been in that one before, you would NOT forget it!:rotfl2: It was very small & the screan was very high & small too. It was also missing some seats. It was not like the one we were in last time, but it was fine. We had the movie almost to ourselves.:rotfl2:

You haven't mentioned trying seafood yet. I know you said you and your kids aren't fans of it, but you need to atleast try steamed crabs once (can be very messy but ooooh so good) or steamed shrimp. Marylanders are famous for their Old Bay usage-- it's a seafood spice. And can't be found all over. If you like the Old Bay you may want to stack up on that to take home.

My family and I recently tried a shrimp boil for the first time. We used Old Bay instead of the usual "boil" stuff. OMG it was sooo good. That recipe can be found on oldbay.com

Now this is on our to do list before we go. We have go to try some good crab cakes while we are here. Maybe this weekend.:thumbsup2

I have got to ask a question that has been driving me & my kids crazy. What is with all of the school buses driving around all day long? I don't care what time we go out, we always see a few school buses. Even if it were year around school, they wouldn't be out all day, so whats the deal? LOL!!

Jenn, I think you and OP ought to meet up before she heads home.

Add some cayenne to the Old Bay and it will be wonderfully spicy. I have a "connection" at McCormick (who makes Old Bay) so I am able to stay well supplied with it.

Skip the crab cakes and treat your family to a dozen steamed crabs. Eat them "in" (at a crab house) rather than take-home and tell them you haven't had crabs before so they will show you how to eat steamed crabs. And after you finish your dozen, you'll probably want to order a second dozen. Or you could go to an AYCE place and they will include other things with your crabs usually -- fried chicken, salad, crab soup, corn etc.

Seriously, crab cakes are no replacement for steamed crabs. Two entirely different experiences. Steamed crabs were our "date" food before we got married because sitting around eating crabs is a great way to have long conversations. To this day (33 years later) we still try to have our crab dates (much harder now that mil lives with us).

We may have to do that Debbie! I am sure we have passed each other at one point or another. :rotfl: You should join us if we do!!

Ok, so we sould do steamed crabs? I will have to make sure we go somewhere that has other food than seafood because my two younger kids will not eat it & I am very picky. Mike & Lauren love it though. I had a place in mind that someone said was good & I looked at the menu and it looked good. It's a place off of Reisterstown Rd called Reters Crab House. What do you think

I STILL want to go to Vaccaros before I leave, tour all of DC and also to Hershey Park. I had my hopes up yesterday for free tickets, but it fell through. :sad1: Maybe DH, will come through for us. He is super tight, if you know what I mean. I am KICKING myself for taking that beach trip to my DD's cheer camp before we came up here. We had a blast, but I should have just sent her and saved that thousand for up here. :rotfl2: I could have used it for sure. :laughing:

yes if you lived in MD you'd prob be my best friend! LOL
which Vacaros are you going to? Downtown or Hunt Valley? YUMMMM

Chiming in with another recommendation for steamed crabs:

Steamed crabs with generous amounts of Old Bay, corn and plenty of beer. (or soda depending).

And if you want to do real authentic, ask for a little bowl of apple cider vinegar to dip some of the meat in. ;) Whatever you do, just plan on spending lots of time to eat and relax.

*sigh* I'm forgoing a trip back to MD, steamed crabs and the Ren Fest this year to go to Disney instead. The choices we make... :laughing:

I would love to have some crabs right now! YUM! We found one place here that has AYCE. But they aren't the same as MD crabs.

Oh and Vaccaro's! Cannoli!:goodvibes

So not good for my diet!

yes if you lived in MD you'd prob be my best friend! LOL
which Vacaros are you going to? Downtown or Hunt Valley? YUMMMM

:rotfl2: You are to funny!!

I was going to google the locations to see which one is closer. :)

Chiming in with another recommendation for steamed crabs:

Steamed crabs with generous amounts of Old Bay, corn and plenty of beer. (or soda depending).

And if you want to do real authentic, ask for a little bowl of apple cider vinegar to dip some of the meat in. ;) Whatever you do, just plan on spending lots of time to eat and relax.

*sigh* I'm forgoing a trip back to MD, steamed crabs and the Ren Fest this year to go to Disney instead. The choices we make... :laughing:
Now that would be an easy choice for me. I hate seafood!!:rotfl2: No, I am really going to try a crab while I am here. I may just love it. :lovestruc

I would love to have some crabs right now! YUM! We found one place here that has AYCE. But they aren't the same as MD crabs.

Oh and Vaccaro's! Cannoli!:goodvibes

So not good for my diet!
I gave up on that when I got here!!:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter